Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:07 AM   #61
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
There is actually a perfectly legal and easy way to limit your teams growth and keep it around the level you want it at until you think you are ready to try and go higher.

I am sure many people use it but it seems many also do not since there are so many threads about people who jump up levels and then stagnate.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:13 AM   #62
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
There is actually a perfectly legal and easy way to limit your teams growth and keep it around the level you want it at until you think you are ready to try and go higher.

I am sure many people use it but it seems many also do not since there are so many threads about people who jump up levels and then stagnate.

Enlighten me, father.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:42 AM   #63
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Enlighten me, father.
There is nothing saying you have to spend your PP right as you get it.
If you feel your team is not competitive then save it for weeks at a time and let it build.
At best your going to get relegated.
At worst you will sit still and then be able to open lots of packs and make a push.

As long as your putting your best cards out each week you are doing nothing wrong.
Nothing says you have to spend PP as you get it.
Let it build and spend it in huge chunks.
I think a lot of people are spending it as they get it and spending their way into mediocrity.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:50 AM   #64
joehart
All Star Starter

Does luck ever turn around?

A while back there were some conversations about first investing into your hitters and holding off on your pitchers until you have the points to get good enough pitchers to compete at the higher level.

I can’t speak for it though since I have no real evidence that this method helps to generate sufficient points without moving up too quickly.

Maybe it is just me but after all these seasons I find relegation battles to be a fun challenge and great part of the game.
Always amazed at how many people get hung up on that need to always win.

Last edited by joehart; 05-26-2019 at 03:51 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #65
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
A while back there were some conversations about first investing into your hitters and holding off on your pitchers until you have the points to get good enough pitchers to compete at the higher level.

I can’t speak for it though since I have no real evidence that this method helps to generate sufficient points without moving up too quickly.

Maybe it is just me but after all these seasons I find relegation battles to be a fun challenge and great part of the game.
Always amazed at how many people get hung up on that need to always win.
I tried doing that with a couple of teams but my conviction to hold off on the pitching didn't last long. It got to be too frustrating to see my team blowing lead after lead, and being #1 in BA and/or runs, but 30th in ERA. So both of those teams upgraded their pitching and are currently blowing up the opposition in Bronze and Iron. However, as with all things, promotion is not guaranteed, and only the best & luckiest teams get promoted year after year.

Interesting thing I just noticed though: both teams did really well (Iron won 105 games, Bronze won 106). Iron earned 15k PP and Bronze earned 10k.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #66
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I tried doing that with a couple of teams but my conviction to hold off on the pitching didn't last long. It got to be too frustrating to see my team blowing lead after lead, and being #1 in BA and/or runs, but 30th in ERA. So both of those teams upgraded their pitching and are currently blowing up the opposition in Bronze and Iron. However, as with all things, promotion is not guaranteed, and only the best & luckiest teams get promoted year after year.

Interesting thing I just noticed though: both teams did really well (Iron won 105 games, Bronze won 106). Iron earned 15k PP and Bronze earned 10k.
Wow! If I ever make 10k in a week I will quit playing because it will be all downhill after that. Most I ever made in a week was 6.4k
Old 05-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #67
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
There is nothing saying you have to spend your PP right as you get it.
If you feel your team is not competitive then save it for weeks at a time and let it build.
At best your going to get relegated.
At worst you will sit still and then be able to open lots of packs and make a push.

As long as your putting your best cards out each week you are doing nothing wrong.
Nothing says you have to spend PP as you get it.
Let it build and spend it in huge chunks.
I think a lot of people are spending it as they get it and spending their way into mediocrity.

That actually sounds like an experiment I plan to do myself, mine also include playing the AH with the PP for fun and to see the bank grows.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #68
Charlatan
All Star Starter

The strategy to make lots of PP is to get a lot of relatively cheap cards like the 69 Carew, the 69 Tony Gwynn, the 69 Bill Madlock, Wes Parker, and others, and have a team that plays terrible defense but will knock the cover off the ball. That’s because there are many achievements for hitting and with a team like that it’s pretty easy to get a lot of PP. you should also try to get one decent pitcher for some of the pitching achievements, but the rest of the staff would be a bunch middle of the road Bronzes. That way your team scores a lot of runs but loses a lot and you don’t have to worry about getting promoted.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:31 AM   #69
Goliathus
Major Leagues

A good winning season usually nets me around 8-10k. 6.4k for a best is surprisingly low.

------------------------------------------------------

I have stocked my team with something similar to the one who made 30K PP last season. A lot of great hitters and full-stuff pitchers. Movement and control be darned! You can walk all over me and hit the ball as good as my team, but I am getting the Ks. I went for a lot of Silver players though, they are not super expensive either, I think I only used 3K to finalize the roster for next week. Whether those Silvers are too good for the level, we will see next week.

Last edited by Goliathus; 05-26-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #70
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Yeah 10k sounds like a reasonable upper limit for the amount of PP you should expect to earn. Now that I think about it, I believe the team that got 15k earned 4k for .... maybe an 18-game winning streak? Something like that. So absent that stroke of good luck, I would have earned around 11k.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:01 PM   #71
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I think my Saints pulled in about 15k this season.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #72
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Just an FYI update of the thread's purpose, I am 27 1/2 games back, in second place, and if this team was removed from the league I would have the best record in the league.

He has a 27 1/2 game lead over EVERYONE. And my team has a 3 game lead in the wildcard standings.

I can't even fathom this kind of disparity. 3 of the six divisions don't have that much disparity between first and last, and he has that over the 2nd best team in the entire league.

I can't be the only one that gets this in every league I enter. There's too much discussion about pro/rel. This is Iron, folks. Does that not incite people to be somewhat frustrated at least?
No. If he is 27 up on anybody, bless him. If this *incites* you, maybe you should find something else to do with your spare time. OOTP shouldn't be hazardous to anybody's health.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:46 PM   #73
Shadowz
Bat Boy

This whole perfect team thing is broken. It is quite obvious they have no idea how to balance anything with this game. I feel sorry for anyone that has put in any real time or money into this game. Live cards actual ranking is about 10 points below what is shown on the card. I will take a 90 rated card that is not a live card over any 100 live card. None of them even worth 10K.

The playoffs are completely random now, talent level means zero. I am sure that is due to all the whining and hopes of keeping people from quitting. The AH is dead as no one else is ripping packs any more because they are not worth crap. The AH is dying, the message board is pretty lame and I expect perfect team itself will see mass people quitting. This entire set up is going to be a total failure and they will lose customers because of it. In the long run it will be realized as a huge mistake.
Shadowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:52 PM   #74
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowz View Post
This whole perfect team thing is broken. It is quite obvious they have no idea how to balance anything with this game. I feel sorry for anyone that has put in any real time or money into this game. Live cards actual ranking is about 10 points below what is shown on the card. I will take a 90 rated card that is not a live card over any 100 live card. None of them even worth 10K.

The playoffs are completely random now, talent level means zero. I am sure that is due to all the whining and hopes of keeping people from quitting. The AH is dead as no one else is ripping packs any more because they are not worth crap. The AH is dying, the message board is pretty lame and I expect perfect team itself will see mass people quitting. This entire set up is going to be a total failure and they will lose customers because of it. In the long run it will be realized as a huge mistake.

LOL, we are all entitled to our opinion. I rip plenty of packs. I don't sell much. I highly doubt they find this a huge mistake unless hosting costs are more than expected.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #75
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowz View Post

I have no idea where to begin on this post. All I can think of is... can I have your stuff?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:21 PM   #76
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
LOL, we are all entitled to our opinion. I rip plenty of packs. I don't sell much. I highly doubt they find this a huge mistake unless hosting costs are more than expected.

I'm on the fence myself. I have 6 teams across both PT's, and 5 of my teams are competitive and one just keeps getting crapped on every year by random whales. It's gotten so bad for that team I am considering quitting PT entirely. I like the game, but quite a few people are jaded by the experience. It is certainly much different this year. It's harder to get promoted from Iron this year than it was to get promoted from gold and diamond in PT 19. Once you make it out of iron you're home free, but it's damn hard to do. There's just something very frustrating and demoralizing about being stuck in the lowest level of something through no fault in your own.

Pack luck is basically garbage now. Sure people come in here all the time saying they got like 3 perfects and a few diamonds in 10 packs or whatever, but I guarantee you that their luck tipped the scales out of other people's favor if that's how the odds work for pulls. I just hit my 1,000th pack last night and I still have yet to get a perfect. I've only gotten around 12-15 diamonds across both PT 19 and 20, and every one was a trash diamond except for Blyleven which sold for 53k. I've put over $400 into this now and still no perfect cards. That's total BS especially when someone else buys 10 packs and gets 3...I would've gotten as much enjoyment from that $400 bucks if I lit it on fire. Probably more.

PS And yes, Orcin. If I quit you can have my stuff

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-26-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:27 PM   #77
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
PS And yes, Orcin. If I quit you can have my stuff
Great, thank you!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #78
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Great, thank you!
I'm sure it's worth pretty much nothing though seeing how I never got anything 👍 good
Old 05-27-2019, 02:00 AM   #79
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

No surprise. He won every game through the playoffs. So now he's in bronze. I wonder who will be the juggernaut in my iron league this coming season ...
Old 05-27-2019, 02:51 AM   #80
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Maybe you will finally get a break. I wish I can switch places with you. My pack team got promoted on the first goddarn season and I really wouldn't mind a few more to pull cards in Iron. Only good team(and I don't think it's a whale, dude has played 9 seasons and should have enough PP for his gold-oriented lineup) is on the opposite conference and he beat me 4-0 in the finals. This team I did not login throughout the week got the second highest wins in the conference. Goddarn it.

My other team which is also pack-only thatI did not touch over the week got a wild card slot. It didn't win that. The league looks whale-free too from what I see.

If you believe in superstition, maybe try thinking "I don't want to promote" and see if the reverse is granted. It's one of the many Buddhism theories. We are here (on Earth) to suffer so life will always give us what we don't want. You wish to be a normal person with family? Well, you got no family and have been granted great responsibilities. You want to be famous? Well, you can't no matter how much you try. I don't want to promote? Get promoted. Hey, if it actually works, credits on me, give me a thanks on this post at least.