Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:15 AM   #181
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

ESPN do have an FAQ for this list.

Quote:
There are 10 cricketers on this list but no baseball players?!

Yep! Remember, this is a global ranking of fame. Nine of the 10 cricketers are from India, whose population exceeds 1.3 billion. The Indian Premier League has a viewership of 316 million (which nearly equals the population of the U.S.). This helps explain why a star like Virat Kohli can have 37 million Facebook followers, almost 10 million more people than watched Game 7 of the 2017 World Series.
It'd be nice if they explained how close someone like Trout or Harper was to actually making it. I tried to pop Trout in but will admit, he can beat people in one category but I couldn't find anyone who he could beat in all three.

Baseball players did make the 2016 list though
. Bryce Harper at #71 and Mike Trout at #73 the top ranked. They used salaries as one of the metrics back then (it's been dropped now) so that probably explains why 8 were able to make the list back then and drop off completely afterwards.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:16 AM   #182
Mab1888
Bat Boy

Will there be a way to import quickstarts from OOTP 19 into OOTP 20?
Mab1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #183
Galeg
Major Leagues

Have there been any improvements to shortlists? Little things would go a long way there, such as color options. Anything, really, to differentiate between lists. Would also be lovely to have draft picks be processed in real time instead of all at once when the draft is finished, but I can understand if that would be more difficult to do.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:18 PM   #184
Danbo80
Minors (Single A)

If I start a league using the live update the day after the draft, will the draft picks be assigned to their appropriate teams?
Danbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:47 PM   #185
mjcarr74
Major Leagues

Audio

Are there any new audio slots team hrs ect..?
mjcarr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:34 PM   #186
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

I wonder if they will ever have specific Home Run graphics for different stadiums. For example...Maybe the Wrigley crowd throws back the opposing team’s home run. Or Fireworks at Progressive Field. Or the Yankee chimes. Or Milwaukee’s slide. .
It’s pretty cheesy but would add some fun.
brettrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #187
jasonjai24
Bat Boy

will ootp20 have other languages
such as Chinese ?
jasonjai24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:07 PM   #188
Reed
All Star Starter

Will OOTP have hot dogs and beer (and the smell of urinals)?
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:28 AM   #189
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjai24 View Post
will ootp20 have other languages
such as Chinese ?
No, sorry. Translating the game into other languages is a huge, huge project and not something that will likely happen anytime soon, even for languages we speak, never mind for languages no one on the team speaks

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:48 AM   #190
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
No, sorry. Translating the game into other languages is a huge, huge project and not something that will likely happen anytime soon, even for languages we speak, never mind for languages no one on the team speaks
Presumably if it ever happens it will be into Spanish or Japanese?

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:42 AM   #191
NYYGardner11
Bat Boy

Just preordered the game; I was on the fence but the live services, modern strategy and hopefully improved AI, along with updated rosters, made it an easy decision. Can't wait!
NYYGardner11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #192
daves
Hall Of Famer

I am struggling to fully understand live services.

So let's say it's August 1,2019, a day after the trade deadline.
a. Can I start a new league with complete rosters and standings at August 1 and finish the season? If so, can I edit the playoff lengths and qualifications?

b. Can I start a new league with complete rosters from August 1 but start my season on April 1st? Can I edit playoff structure as well?

Let's say it September 30th, can I update the rosters and standings and complete the playoffs myself?

Does live services only work for the 2019 season. In 2020 we will need OOTP 21 for live serives?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:33 AM   #193
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I am struggling to fully understand live services.

So let's say it's August 1,2019, a day after the trade deadline.
a. Can I start a new league with complete rosters and standings at August 1 and finish the season? If so, can I edit the playoff lengths and qualifications?

b. Can I start a new league with complete rosters from August 1 but start my season on April 1st? Can I edit playoff structure as well?

Let's say it September 30th, can I update the rosters and standings and complete the playoffs myself?

Does live services only work for the 2019 season. In 2020 we will need OOTP 21 for live serives?
a. Yes
b. Yes
c. Yes
d. Yes

Some updates may not be immediate, but might not be able to be updated until a few days later, but yes the goal is that you can create a new game virtually anytime during the season, with stats and/or teams updated (among other options).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #194
AKAthatoneguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
When can we see the new 3D! Hopefully before Mar 18
Yes, this! Although I believe there's an open beta before release day, so I guess we could take a tour of it ourselves. Some new/more polished animations would make the upgrade 100% worth it. Otherwise, it's hard to get excited about improved AI until we experience it and the other big feature is improved depth charts, which is nice but not exactly a sexy feature, lol.

I know that a park designer is coming up in future years, but I would love even a simple editor that doesn't change the layout of the park, but just allows for simple color/pattern changes? As a historical player, it'd be great to even just make the grass different patterns, have team logos on fields, change outfield wall colors as a way to at least give each park a bit of an identity short of actually having each stadium be completely different.
AKAthatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #195
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Matt - since you're floating around here today, can you respond to post #16 of this thread please?

Thank you.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #196
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Matt - since you're floating around here today, can you respond to post #16 of this thread please?

Thank you.
Sorry hard to keep track of everything. I don't think that will make it before release but we can certainly look to add it later
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #197
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

This thread got me thinking -- has the ability to remove a player from revocable waivers by right-clicking them been added in? If not, and it's a simple change, that would make for a nice, quick quality-of-life improvement for the game.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #198
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
a. Yes
b. Yes
c. Yes
d. Yes

Some updates may not be immediate, but might not be able to be updated until a few days later, but yes the goal is that you can create a new game virtually anytime during the season, with stats and/or teams updated (among other options).
Ok Thanks. I think the key is, I have to start a new league for the live services to work? I cannot update a current season.

Also, I am assuming the minors would be updated after the draft?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:42 PM   #199
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I think i read there has been some improvement to the way the game handles tie breakers?
Will be abel to choose whether the game goes by winning percentage or most wins?

I just had another very weird ending to the regular season of 1931.
On sep 27th the cardinals were 93-61 and the giants were 91-61.
The game scheduled a playoff game in which the giants won.
That put the cardinals at 93-62 and the giants at 92-61.
The game sent the cardinals to the world series.
What was the point of the game having a playoff game?
It had no impact on the standings.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:07 PM   #200
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
I just had another very weird ending to the regular season of 1931.
On sep 27th the cardinals were 93-61 and the giants were 91-61.
The game scheduled a playoff game in which the giants won.
That put the cardinals at 93-62 and the giants at 92-61.
The game sent the cardinals to the world series.
What was the point of the game having a playoff game?
It had no impact on the standings.
That's probably because the Giants didn't play 154 games. They finished two games back with two games unplayed, so the AI must have thought that the only way to resolve the issue was to play a tie-breaker, since the Giants could have tied for the league lead if they had won those two rain-outs.

Not sure how to fix that, as you were probably using the as-played schedules, and those don't automatically schedule make-up games. In real life the Giants didn't have to play out those cancelled games because they finished 13 games behind the Cardinals.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote