Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:15 AM   #1
DannyH
Bat Boy

Top draft prospects appropriately weighted to top colleges?

Hey, really excited about this future game, I was just wondering if the better draft prospects will on the whole be more likely to come from the more established college programs?

Obviously not entirely (still got to represent the Carsen Wentz's of the world), but if one looks at the last draft:

12 from Ohio State
9 from Clemson
8 from UCLA
7 from Alabama and Notre Dame
6 from Baylor

etc, etc.

One of the things that annoyed me on Madden was the top picks coming from colleges I hadn't heard of whilst there were barely any SEC players to be seen. It just tarnished the realism a little for me.

Particularly as we are going to be putting together our own draft board; in a toss up between a player from say Alabama or a prospect from a Division III school, I'd like to think the experience in playing in a pro-style outfit against top opposition would have some impact on the hidden ratings of said player.

I'm guessing how to weight this realistically is rather complex, but I was wondering if it could play a role.

Many thanks.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:19 AM   #2
alexr5111
Bat Boy

Absolutely agree. Little things like this drive me crazy. Some others:

Players' size not having anything to do with their ratings (break tackle, truck, speed, etc)

Guys with names that don't fit their ethnicity (and along this same line...unrealistic racial positional distribution....too many white cornerbacks, black kickers, etc.)

Realistic state talent distribution in college games (don't give me 15 blue chip prospects from Maine and 16 from Ohio)
Old 06-15-2016, 04:58 AM   #3
Michael Winter
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyH View Post
Hey, really excited about this future game, I was just wondering if the better draft prospects will on the whole be more likely to come from the more established college programs?

Obviously not entirely (still got to represent the Carsen Wentz's of the world), but if one looks at the last draft:

12 from Ohio State
9 from Clemson
8 from UCLA
7 from Alabama and Notre Dame
6 from Baylor

etc, etc.

One of the things that annoyed me on Madden was the top picks coming from colleges I hadn't heard of whilst there were barely any SEC players to be seen. It just tarnished the realism a little for me.

Particularly as we are going to be putting together our own draft board; in a toss up between a player from say Alabama or a prospect from a Division III school, I'd like to think the experience in playing in a pro-style outfit against top opposition would have some impact on the hidden ratings of said player.

I'm guessing how to weight this realistically is rather complex, but I was wondering if it could play a role.

Many thanks.

This should be in the game, one way or another. Most likely, college teams should have a rating for recruiting. A higher rating should give them better freshman players and therefore the chance to be drafted should be increased.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #4
DannyH
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Winter View Post
This should be in the game, one way or another. Most likely, college teams should have a rating for recruiting. A higher rating should give them better freshman players and therefore the chance to be drafted should be increased.
That's great Michael, appreciate the reply!