Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #41
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Davis View Post
So because it's your opinion it could take until the start of next season that gives you the right to speak for everyone on the forum?
Okay, I guess I should of worded it differently.

Still not a big deal.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:02 PM   #42
Al Davis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballonly View Post
Okay, I guess I should of worded it differently.

Still not a big deal.
Let's call it a tie
Old 07-14-2015, 09:46 PM   #43
BradC
All Star Starter

Yeah, let's stop arguing about semantics here. Yes, the game will not be out in 2015. We'll see where we are once we get someone in to take over for Francis.

I don't know where we are RE the number of applicants. Markus and Matt are in Cincinnati for the All-Star Game, so I don't expect an update on that until they get back in a few days. I think that since we advertised for an OOTP programmer on the forum and found someone fairly easily, Markus figured it would be similar for BTS.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:24 AM   #44
minipol
Bat Boy

First of all, I hope Francis makes a full recovery. Health is more important than a game. Second, some remarks on the hiring (I'm an independent IT consultant/developer).

1. If Francis is in Hamburg, it might be faster to hire somebody from Germany, the Netherlands or Belgium. All doable distance wise, and they play (American) football in those countries too.
I for one played in the Belgian American football league as a DE/OLB and was defensive coordinator and head coach. The level is not as high as Germany though. But still, in our competition, we won 6 straight Flemish and Belgian titles. My point, there should be plenty of programmers with football knowledge in the immediate area.

2. Other programming languages are often able to read from libraries in C/C++. Python does, so that might be a way to go forward.

3. If you still can't find anybody, you could post the job offer on job websites in the area.

Just my 2 (euro) cents.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:44 AM   #45
Danielson1486
Bat Boy

Suggestion

I suggest there be a developer working to develop the engine and any development needed and also hire a football expert consultant that can skype, conference call with the developer about aspects of the game. The developer would need to be germany based and the football expert can be remote.

This game needs to start to pick up, I know of many people that love football manager and ootp baseball and would love a football or basketball simulation of the same type.

Thats my two cents

Best

Daniel
Old 08-05-2015, 09:04 PM   #46
BradC
All Star Starter

Francis is in the UK. Markus and Andreas are in Hamburg.

I think we would have an easier time finding a US-based programmer who is an NFL fans and who could work on the game. We just need to widen our search.

I don't think we can afford to hire a football expert too.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #47
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
...I don't think we can afford to hire a football expert too.
I'm sure there would be any number of eager football fans willing to volunteer, no charge
Old 08-07-2015, 06:17 PM   #48
BradC
All Star Starter

We already have those on our Beta and research teams. That's not an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413 View Post
I'm sure there would be any number of eager football fans willing to volunteer, no charge
Old 08-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #49
i_davis2001
Minors (Triple A)

someone contact the maker of this game. DeepRoute.com - American Football GM Simulation this simmulation is very close to ootp. not as good graphics wise, but game play is good.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #50
soonerlater
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_davis2001 View Post
someone contact the maker of this game. DeepRoute.com - American Football GM Simulation this simmulation is very close to ootp. not as good graphics wise, but game play is good.

I was thinking the same thing a couple of weeks ago.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #51
cajackson81
Bat Boy

BradC, I sent you a private message with some information regarding the BTS development. I hope you received it. If not, let me know and I will reach out in another method.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:02 PM   #52
PhillyPhan#1
Bat Boy

I Wish I had a little more experience. I recently received my Undergraduate Degree in Programming and I have experience with C++. This sounds like quite the challenge. I've been playing OOTP for a few years now and can't wait for the football version. Good Luck guys!

Last edited by PhillyPhan#1; 08-28-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #53
Cod
All Star Reserve

I'd love to apply for the position as I meet all the requirements and have spent numerous weeks in Germany; however, now is not the time for me to take on a new full-time job. If the position is open in a year or two, I'll reconsider.

Since finding a great full-time programmer is tougher than expected, have y'all thought about turning the game into an open source project (ala the new Unreal Tournament)? Setting up a repository and providing a tutorial for all potential users is all that would be needed. Then, before a change is accepted, it has to be validated by someone at OOTP (or a select group of qualified helpers). I know I'd be more than happy to help part-time.

Just a thought...
Old 08-31-2015, 06:37 PM   #54
vulcan4
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_davis2001 View Post

Wow.....This game/sim looks amazing and the reviews it has gotten are extremely good.

The developer - would he leave Deep Route Football to create Beyond the Sideline Football?? Hmmm....who knows, but it certainly is worth a shot to contact the person/guy/people!!!

Deep Route (Online) NFL Football Manager - GM Games
Old 09-08-2015, 09:11 AM   #55
sealbc
Minors (Double A)

I played deep route the day it was released 6 yrs ago.The game was created by simulation sports company.The one who started the game is no longer is the programmer.He sold it too Nathan.Nathan started helping out after he joined the site. Mike who was the original developer had a family and did not have time for the game any longer.Now they game is in chaos with dual account users and cheaters.They never blocked others from using the same ip addresses.Then they have a bunch of others who cause drama on the site.AA bunch of finger pointing and accusations made towards other players now.It is no longer the same type of game.I left the game over family issues and tried too go back.That is when i found out about the drama.I just find it is no longer worth playing.I found a new game it is myfootballnow.The developer is committed too the game.You will notice the game graphics are way better then deeproute.You have 11 players playing on the field and not a football moving down the field. Jd listens too customer input on improving the game. He is working on making it more mobile friendly.The game has a lot of potential.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #56
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

I'm surprised Richard Hannah was not mentioned. He designed Second and Ten Pro Football. He's in the UK and loves the Redskins. He also coded Replay Baseball and Headed Goal.

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
Old 09-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #57
Franky More Gore
Bat Boy

I can't believe that for years and years no-one has been able to produce a NFL management sim that could rival Football Manager. I guess with EA holding licenses they hold the cards.

Surely the likes of EA can see the potential of an all singing all dancing NFL manager sim.......or not !!

Really looking forward to this project getting back on track and getting closer to a finished product we can all enjoy!!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #58
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky More Gore View Post
Really looking forward to this project getting back on track and getting closer to a finished product we can all enjoy!!
Old 09-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #59
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Surely the likes of EA can see the potential of an all singing all dancing NFL manager sim.......or not !!
I would be all for that as well...I loved the old FBPro series. However I think the vast majority of the users prefer the button mashing Madden games over a GM type of game. The amount of money those bring in versus the amount of money spent adding in the features we would need would not bring in the same amount of sales. In other words I believe EA feels they would spend more money in development time adding in the stuff we love vs the increase sales they would get out of it.

Unfortunately our market is kind of a niche market.

Last edited by redfox000; 09-24-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #60
spiker
Bat Boy

Quote:
I can't believe that for years and years no-one has been able to produce a NFL management sim that could rival Football Manager. I guess with EA holding licenses they hold the cards.

EA actually tried this. It was called NFL Head Coach and they made it for console and PC. The game was a commercial flop. Frankly, it didn't really hold a candle to what we expect from a great sports management sim like OOTP or FM. It was more or less Madden without the ability to actually play the game. These days I wouldn't trust EA to make a management sim. Franchise mode in all of their games (FIFA, Madden, NHL, NCAA when it existed) has always been a little off when you start to get a few years deep in the save. They don't really put in the effort to optimize things like stat sims and player development. We're better off with anyone else taking a shot at an NFL sim.

With that said, I presume we are still searching for a developer for BTSF?