Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-10-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
simcrazy
All Star Reserve

All Star Game Scheduled in the Middle of Other Games???

So.... started a real world game, held an inaugural draft. First season went awesome, SO excited to start a 100+ year league!

Second season, the league schedule started in early April, which is normal. But, it started with international games, i.e. two teams playing about a week before any other teams play. So, besides those other teams, every other team started in mid-April: not normal. The schedule went all the way into mid-October: not normal. But, this didn't really hurt anything so I wasn't worried.

Until I got into mid-season and the All-Star game was scheduled on the same day as every team playing their normal schedule!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why on earth did this happen? Is there a way to reschedule the all-star game so something very unrealistic happens? HELP!!!!
simcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcrazy View Post
So.... started a real world game, held an inaugural draft. First season went awesome, SO excited to start a 100+ year league!

Second season, the league schedule started in early April, which is normal. But, it started with international games, i.e. two teams playing about a week before any other teams play. So, besides those other teams, every other team started in mid-April: not normal. The schedule went all the way into mid-October: not normal. But, this didn't really hurt anything so I wasn't worried.

Until I got into mid-season and the All-Star game was scheduled on the same day as every team playing their normal schedule!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why on earth did this happen? Is there a way to reschedule the all-star game so something very unrealistic happens? HELP!!!!
a few things comes to mind. 1st turn off automatically schedule all star game. Two use a GMO schedule which well give the 3 days off for the ASG. If you use a GMO you dont have to bother with #1.. I am not positive if you have an ASG but have automatically schedule it turned off what it will do.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #3
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:

NO. This is somewhat sort of a bug...not really, but OOTP doesn't check the loaded schedules for an already scheduled all-star game and it should, as many schedules have the all-star game built in. All the ones I do for ootp do.
Your problem is ootp loaded the wrong schedule. It used the 2014 MLB schedule and it shouldn't have done that the following yr.
The only way I could get this problem fixed is to have you zip and upload the .dat files so I can send them to Markus to look at as this shouldn't happen ever.
Lesson learned...always check your schedules during pre-season!!
Hint: Use your manager notes to auto remind you..it's easy to forget.

Last edited by Bigrod; 02-11-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:38 PM   #4
simcrazy
All Star Reserve

Thanks so much for the support and community. I really appreciate it. A few follow-up questions:

• What is GMO?
  • I backed-up before the start of the year, but really don't want to restore and lose a month's (real time) worth of work. Is there someway to move the AS game to the appropriate date? There is a spot in the calendar where everyone has off-days, it's just that the AS game isn't there!
  • Will this happen again next year? If so, how do I prevent?
  • If I turn off 'automatically schedule AS game', will I still have an AS game? What happens when one turns that feature off?
Open to anything that will allow me to keep the AS game, have it played during teams' off-days and not lose my work! Thanks so much.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

The "automatically schedule AS game" option is intended for schedule files which do not have a defined All-Star break for an All-Star Game. With the option enabled what happens is that OOTP searches for a point about half-way through the schedule and inserts a three-day break and schedules an All-Star Game for the middle day of that break.

If the schedule file you're importing already has a defined All-Star break and Game date, all you need enabled is the "Hold All-Star Game" option. OOTP will then use the All-Star Game date specified in the schedule file.

Problems arise when the "Automatically schedule All-Star Game" option is enabled and the schedule file contains a specified All-Star Game date. OOTP gets confused and you can end up with an All-Star Game appearing on a day with regular season games.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 02-14-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Le Grande Orange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #6
simcrazy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
The "automatically schedule AS game" option is intended for schedule files which do not have a defined All-Star break for an All-Star Game. With the option enabled what happens is that OOTP searches for a point about half-way through the schedule and inserts a three-day break and schedules an All-Star Game for the middle day of that break.

If the schedule file you're importing already has a defined All-Star break and Game date, all you need enabled is the "Hold All-Star Game" option. OOTP will then use the All-Star Game date specified in the schedule file.

Problems arise when the "Automatically schedule All-Star Game" option is enabled and the schedule file contains a specified All-Star Game date. OOTP gets confused and you can end up with an All-Star Game appearing on a day with regular season games.
Thank you so much for your input. It sounds like if I disabled "Automatically schedule All-Star Game" before the season, I would've been OK and it would've been scheduled, just in the correct off-days? Anything I can do now?

BTW, I know nothing about schedule files. I was trusting the game to use a normal schedule.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you so much for your input. It sounds like if I disabled "Automatically schedule All-Star Game" before the season, I would've been OK and it would've been scheduled, just in the correct off-days? Anything I can do now?
Not sure. I haven't messed with this stuff in awhile. The "Automatically schedule All-Star game" option is perhaps unfortunately worded as it makes it seem it must be enabled.

Note too that whatever All-Star Game date you had selected in the options before importing a schedule will be overridden if you are using the date specified in the schedule file. The in-game screen display won't update to show the file's date (or at least, it didn't used to).
Old 02-14-2015, 04:56 PM   #8
simcrazy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Not sure. I haven't messed with this stuff in awhile. The "Automatically schedule All-Star game" option is perhaps unfortunately worded as it makes it seem it must be enabled.

Note too that whatever All-Star Game date you had selected in the options before importing a schedule will be overridden if you are using the date specified in the schedule file. The in-game screen display won't update to show the file's date (or at least, it didn't used to).
More than unfortunately worded, it is the default option (I think)! Why would they make the default option create something which is obviously not desirable?

To be clear, I never imported any schedule (don't even know how). I just trusted the default. Can you tell me more about this? Should I have imported one?
Old 02-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #9
simcrazy
All Star Reserve

I guess I'm screwed and will need to start the year over again, or just deal with the consequences of an all-star game in the middle of the scheduled. No one seems to know if moving the all-star game after the season has begun is possible.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:20 PM   #10
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
More than unfortunately worded, it is the default option (I think)! Why would they make the default option create something which is obviously not desirable?
There are a few OOTP options like that.

Quote:
To be clear, I never imported any schedule (don't even know how). I just trusted the default. Can you tell me more about this? Should I have imported one?
Importing a specific schedule file is typically done by a user who desires a schedule with aspects that are not created by the game's built-in schedule generator (which, while getting the job done, is rather basic).

Quote:
I guess I'm screwed and will need to start the year over again, or just deal with the consequences of an all-star game in the middle of the scheduled. No one seems to know if moving the all-star game after the season has begun is possible.
If you aren't at that point in the schedule yet you may be able to delete the game using OOTP's built-in schedule editor. Certainly upcoming games in the regular season can be edited while the season is underway (though this is generally not recommended); not sure if the All-Star Game would behave differently.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:58 PM   #11
simcrazy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
If you aren't at that point in the schedule yet you may be able to delete the game using OOTP's built-in schedule editor. Certainly upcoming games in the regular season can be edited while the season is underway (though this is generally not recommended); not sure if the All-Star Game would behave differently.
Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful responses. How do I get to the schedule editor???

EDIT: Found it! And I can certainly delete the all-star game (hey, I could write into my league history that there was a crazy hurricane at the game site and the game had to be cancelled.... do you know if that would keep the all-star nominations??)

This is a great first step! I love you guys. Now, do you know how I can move the game as opposed to deleting it? I don't see that option.

Last edited by simcrazy; 02-14-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #12
simcrazy
All Star Reserve

As an aside.....I'm getting more familiar with the 'Edit League Schedule' tool.

What happens if one deletes a game that has already been played??
Old 02-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #13
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

All the years I've been playing and didn't realize that when I use custom schedules (always do) that you need to turn off automatically schedule all star game. How about that.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #14
The Game
Hall Of Famer

GMO has schedules to match just about any setup you have.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-use-ootp.html

To load it is easy. League settings - Edit League Schedule - Import from File, navigate to where you saved the unzipped schedule. Make sure your setup matches the schedule. amount of game league structure balanced or unbalanced schedule.

"Stay Strong"

Old 02-14-2015, 10:07 PM   #15
simcrazy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
All the years I've been playing and didn't realize that when I use custom schedules (always do) that you need to turn off automatically schedule all star game. How about that.
Can you please expand on your comment? Why haven't you noticed? What is the effect of not turning on the 'automatically schedule all star game' feature?
Old 02-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #16
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can you please expand on your comment? Why haven't you noticed? What is the effect of not turning on the 'automatically schedule all star game' feature?
I don't think I have ever turned it off and I don't belive I have ever had an issue. When I go back to playing my EBL vs MLB league I can check. I have used custom schedules in that league since the beginning. I play out the entire schedule and have always had 3 days off for the ASG.Just not sure if i uncheck manually schedule the ASG.

"Stay Strong"

Old 02-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #17
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
The effect is that if you uncheck it and want to have an all star game and whatever schedule is used/created that doesn't have an all star game built in, then you'll never have an all star game.
BTW...there's absolutely no way to move the all star game once the season has started....Remember this: schedules can only be imported/changed during pre season, no exceptions. Also, the only way to ever change the all star game, if you have one, is to manually edit the schedule, whether it's pre built or game generated and it has to be pre season.
To manually edit the schedule, just export it and open it in a text editor or spreadsheet. Then save it and re-import it. The All star game will always show Type="4". It's easy to find as it's the only game that shows a Type= number at the end of that day's line/row.
If you want to know whether a schedule includes an all star game or not..Open the schedule in notepad and look at the second line (it's called the element line) and at the end it will have something similar to this:
allstar_game_day="116" (it has an all star game scheduled).
allstar_game_day="0" (it has no all star game scheduled).
If neither of the above are there, then there is no all star game scheduled.
Hope this helps you a bit.

Last edited by Bigrod; 02-14-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #18
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
You don't have to turn it off, it depends on the particulars of the schedule you are importing. OOTP's handling of the All-Star Game in imported schedule files can be a bit glitchy sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
To manually edit the schedule, just export it and open it in a text editor or spreadsheet. Then save it and re-import it. The All star game will always show Type="4". It's easy to find as it's the only game that shows a Type= number at the end of that day's line/row.
Does OOTP actually use the "type" field? Last I heard (admittedly a few years ago) that data wasn't used by the game. The important bit was having the All-Star Game day number in the header of the file; OOTP would handle the rest and insert the All-Star Game into the schedule based on the header information.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:10 AM   #19
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:

Does OOTP actually use the "type" field? Last I heard (admittedly a few years ago) that data wasn't used by the game. The important bit was having the All-Star Game day number in the header of the file; OOTP would handle the rest and insert the All-Star Game into the schedule based on the header information.
Good question as it's been a long time since I've checked it and it's just automatic for me to use it when I do the schedules.
One thing I do know is that the all-star game is hard coded and set for the first Tues. in July at 7:30 pm. thus the reason for unchecking the auto hold the game if you don't want it or using a schedule with it included.
There was another type # I used once for spring training and it worked, but was useless cause ootp couldn't use a combined spring-reg. season schedule. That was back in 2010 though.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:53 PM   #20
texasmame
All Star Starter

See my fix here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ds-happen.html

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote