Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #21
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I tried this patch at work. Only half of the field showed on the 3D display; very slow to respond to game screen configuration changes, then it finally crashed in this condition:
By the way, it's NOT this particular patch. I've gone home and opened up a game, prior to updating, using the 3D stadium and got similar results, as shown below. That's how it looked at work before I tried to rearrange the screen and the game crashed.

Now, this is 15.5.20 at home, on Windows 8.1 and a different league than the test one I have at work. There, it was 15.5.25 on a Windows 7 machine. It seems this 3D feature, which I don't use, needs work. However, I will load this 15.5.25 patch at home anyway, keeping fingers crossed, because the 3D problem is not a concern for me.
Attached Images

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 08-01-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #22
Mennogreg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

{Minor) problem I'm having with the latest build. I get program hang/lag before a prompt appears on screen asking me whether to advance the runner on a hit/out; didn't happen in previous build. If no one else experiences it, I may try uninstalling and reinstalling. Windows 8.1 x64 on a Surface Pro.
Mennogreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #23
markprior22
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennogreg View Post
{Minor) problem I'm having with the latest build. I get program hang/lag before a prompt appears on screen asking me whether to advance the runner on a hit/out; didn't happen in previous build. If no one else experiences it, I may try uninstalling and reinstalling. Windows 8.1 x64 on a Surface Pro.

I've has this issue for quite a while (at least back to ver 14). It bugs me but I never said anything. Would be nice if it could be fixed.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #24
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

I can no longer change the uniform number to 0

It states it's already in use, but this is how I keep track of new players in my 19th century league. No idea WHY this was changed as last update had nothing to do with uniform numbers, but change it be changed back?

Whilst on the subject, can 0 be the uniform number where the AI doesn't change it to another number while promoting and demoting players?
That would be helpful

And the game is REALLY slow now, I have my taskbar hidden, on maximized windowed and nothing else running and to edit a player takes 5 minutes because of the lag.

I have 3d disabled

Last edited by Carlton; 08-02-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #25
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
I can no longer change the uniform number to 0

It states it's already in use, but this is how I keep track of new players in my 19th century league. No idea WHY this was changed as last update had nothing to do with uniform numbers, but change it be changed back?

Whilst on the subject, can 0 be the uniform number where the AI doesn't change it to another number while promoting and demoting players?
That would be helpful

And the game is REALLY slow now, I have my taskbar hidden, on maximized windowed and nothing else running and to edit a player takes 5 minutes because of the lag.

I have 3d disabled
"0" works OK for me. Did you remember to hit the enter key? Is zero already in use someplace in the organization?

Regarding slowness, I have a recommendation. I thought I detected a bit of a lag, not very much, when I updated from 15.5.20 to 15.5.25. So I did a complete uninstall (don't forget to backup up your league(s) and customized files). Everything, down to clearing out the program folder. Then I reinstalled and the game was back to normal.

EDIT: Please excuse the Yankees cap and logo. You probably hate them, I know . . .
Attached Images
Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 08-02-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #26
bosunmate
All Star Starter

That explains why I lost a fist full of stars yesterday who suddenly became free agents. I was lucky enough to sign back up most of them during free agency. I'm glad now I didn't restart my league, thanks Markus as always for you and your teams hard work. No one can ever accuse you of not giving one hundred percent support.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #27
AC
Minors (Double A)

I download the patch, choose default installation, hit next.....and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #28
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

The new trading AI on average is 80 percent of hard, and the AI also favors prospects slightly more on neutral.
PSUColonel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #29
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

So how bad is this lag thing? I haven't installed the update yet. Is the lag only present when editing players or is it present in other parts of the game as well? I know I don't want to do a complete uninstall, so if the lag is bad, I just won't update.

Last edited by David Watts; 08-02-2014 at 02:39 PM.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #30
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
So how bad is this lag thing? I haven't installed the update yet. Is the lag only present when editing players or is it present in other parts of the game as well? I know I don't want to do a complete uninstall, so if the lag is bad, I just won't update.
Two things, David: First, my lag experience was just somewhat noticeable. Second, I am a sample size of one so it could have been the update or it could have been something I was running in the background. I think it was an uninstall/reinstall that got rid of it but I cannot be sure. I was just suggesting the procedure to Carlton for him to try to address his much worse situation.

As with any patch, if you don't see many people complaining about something, it's probably localized. So far, Carlton and I are the only ones talking about a lag so I would guess it's not an inherent problem. Save your previous install file, go ahead and update, and see how it goes because this patch is no more buggy than any other so far.

- Bru

Old 08-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #31
draftace
New User

Just downloaded the update on Mac and am now having issues with Facegen. All the black/hispanic players are significantly whiter than they should be. Here's Barry Bonds' new Sosa-esque transformation for example...

draftace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #32
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I am on a Mac, could I ask what has been fixed with the Facegen? It looks like everyone is extremely pale now. It looks kind of creepy now in my opinion. Also the eye color feature now doesn't seem to work so well. I was looking at my created player who had blue eyes, which are still set as blue but look almost black.

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 08-03-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #33
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
I am on a Mac, could I ask what has been fixed with the Facegen? It looks like everyone is extremely pale now. It looks kind of creepy now in my opinion. Also the eye color feature now doesn't seem to work so well. I was looking at my created player who had blue eyes, which are still set as blue but look almost black.
I have mentioned this to Markus, but he insists the FaceGen on mac is working properly...I disagree with him.
PSUColonel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #34
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I have mentioned this to Markus, but he insists the FaceGen on mac is working properly...I disagree with him.
I have to disagree with him too. I forget which facegen pack I downloaded but it was a compilation of almost every player ever created; and the "best/most accurate" version and I must say they looked pretty darn good. Now majority of the players don't look to realistic or accurate after the update.

I also have ootp15 on my surface 3; and the same facegen files look dead on and real realistic.

I usually play on my MacBook Pro though and these facegens just look off... I LOVE the facegen feature so this is huge for me; and the update wasn't a positive thing (for facegen)
Old 08-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #35
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I have some pre patch screen shots and after; I play as the mets and my David Wright example is night and day.

And then furthermore comparing the post patch David Wright (or any player for that matter) to the windows OOTP counter part they all look pretty good on windows; but on Mac not so hot.

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 08-04-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:18 AM   #36
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Picture 1: David Wright Pre 15.5.25 Patch (Mac).
Picture 2: David Wright Post 15.5.25 Patch (Mac).
Picture 3: David Wright Pre& Post Patch 15.5.25 (Windows).

I think Wright looks the Best on Windows, and most accurate. I can post more pictures as well. Another sample I did was Cory Vaughn, who is African American and post patch he now hardly looks it. You can see eye color issues on the mac shots as well.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 08-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #37
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
"0" works OK for me. Did you remember to hit the enter key? Is zero already in use someplace in the organization?
Yes, 0 was what I changed ALL players, since they did not have uniform numbers back in the day. Never had a problem with multiple players having 0 before this patch.

This was great, as it allowed me to notice new players coming into the league, as I do not have a draft

This time when I hit enter it tells me that another player has that number.

Just don't know why it changed, no need for it to, BUT we should have the option of NO uniform numbers, (0 should really hold that distinction) although that may not be possible with the new retire numbers option.

I could always make my minors have 70-99 and make the majors implement uniforms early, but I did like the option of 0.

I did a complete reinstall and that DID fix the lag, but now I am wiped out again from all the work to 'fix' a patch issue and will be putting this game down for another 2 months.

I am very disappointed with this version, I've played maybe 80 hours total since it's release, (most setup and dynasty report) which is miniscule from I used to do with previous versions and have had 2 leagues I was writing dynasties become corrupt
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #38
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
Yes, 0 was what I changed ALL players, since they did not have uniform numbers back in the day. Never had a problem with multiple players having 0 before this patch.

This was great, as it allowed me to notice new players coming into the league, as I do not have a draft

This time when I hit enter it tells me that another player has that number.

Just don't know why it changed, no need for it to, BUT we should have the option of NO uniform numbers, (0 should really hold that distinction) although that may not be possible with the new retire numbers option.

I could always make my minors have 70-99 and make the majors implement uniforms early, but I did like the option of 0.

I did a complete reinstall and that DID fix the lag, but now I am wiped out again from all the work to 'fix' a patch issue and will be putting this game down for another 2 months.

I am very disappointed with this version, I've played maybe 80 hours total since it's release, (most setup and dynasty report) which is miniscule from I used to do with previous versions and have had 2 leagues I was writing dynasties become corrupt
I would go with the "no number" option before I would welcome a return to allowing duplicate numbers. I am glad they inserted a check on that; it shows concern for the integrity of the player number system. Now if they would only prevent retired uniform numbers from being re-used . . .

Carlton, if a simple re-installation of the game wiped you out, you are in an interest lull, I would say. It happens. Take a break and come on back.

- Bru

Old 08-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #39
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

It feels to me like they 'fixed' the darker skinned players (because some people thought they were too dark) by making the lighter skinned players washed out.

I thought it was better before.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #40
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
It feels to me like they 'fixed' the darker skinned players (because some people thought they were too dark) by making the lighter skinned players washed out.

I thought it was better before.
It certainly was better before! I honestly can't stand looking at any of my players, they all look so off and gross now I don't mean this in any racial manor but the average African American's skin is usually on the darker side, I know there are lighter skinned African American's as well but after this update the skin tone is extremely off and lightened every race's skin tone to an extreme. The majority of in game African American's skin tone don't match up to their real life counter part. Here is my example of Jeurys Familia:

Picture 1: Jeurys Familia Pre 15.5.25 Patch (Mac).
Picture 2: Jeurys Familia Post 15.5.25 Patch (Mac).
Picture 3: Real Jeurys Familia photo for comparison.
Attached Images
Image Image Image