Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #61
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbwitheyes View Post
No more nicknames! Can I have a hallelujah!
Hallelujah!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:35 PM   #62
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
The game is faster with this patch. I particularly notice it moving with much less delay between plays in games that I play out. Very good, thanks.
It is also more stable. Before the patch my game would crash on long term sim after a max of 3-4 seasons. I have a sim running at year 17 now with no crash.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #63
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
It is also more stable. Before the patch my game would crash on long term sim after a max of 3-4 seasons. I have a sim running at year 17 now with no crash.
I just thanked you and then I went back to OP and thanked him for the 14,949th time. Gosh, what a "thanks" hog!

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:01 AM   #64
redranger
All Star Reserve

Crashed Again

Well....I was pretty happy loading the patch this morning....played a couple of games to test drive it, flawless.

Got home this evening and was in Baseball power mode....gonna knock out a bunch of spring training games.

Got through the next 5 (total of 7 post patch) thinking no crashes. This is awesome. Get into the next game , low and behold, just like in the past.....no warning, late in the game (8th inning) and BAM....crash.

Same as in the past. At a loss.

I guess I will just move on to football or basketball as I can't deal with this anymore. Such a waste of time to spend your energy for 45+ minutes in a game to have it crash and end up with nothing. Even the ones that don't crash I find myself unable to enjoy as much, waiting on the crash to happen.

Edit : I can't stay away from this game. Who am I kidding

I really think it might be my computer, specifically maybe something with my Norton....as anywhere I look it seems I am maybe the only one having actual consistent only in-game crashes. I am gong to disable my Norton and run as many games as I can trying to do anything I can to reproduce the crash....really have no idea, but anything in-game I can to try and stress test.

Last edited by redranger; 07-12-2014 at 02:20 PM.
redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:32 AM   #65
Pedro
Minors (Single A)

If I haven't installed any of the patches so far, is it sufficient to install this latest one, or should I go back and install the other three in order? Thanks
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #66
itsmedave
Bat Boy

So it's best to wait till the end of a season to install the patch? I just started the second season of a game. Thanks for the response.
itsmedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #67
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmedave View Post
So it's best to wait till the end of a season to install the patch? I just started the second season of a game. Thanks for the response.
I haven't had any problems with mid-season patches, I'd say it's OK for you to patch it ASAP.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #68
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I haven't had any problems with mid-season patches, I'd say it's OK for you to patch it ASAP.
Me too. And a message to redranger: Unless you see a pattern of similar complaints here, you need to look to your own game installation, league files integrity, and/or the condition of your computer and operating system. I say this as advice, not as a rebuke.

- Bru

Old 07-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #69
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Me too. And a message to redranger: Unless you see a pattern of similar complaints here, you need to look to your own game installation, league files integrity, and/or the condition of your computer and operating system. I say this as advice, not as a rebuke.
Exactly. Unless there's a reported pattern of this occurring, always look to your own computer first.

Trust me, people report things like crashes here.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #70
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
More respect for giving us the ability to hide nicknames. Thank you very much.
But yet he still will not add a drop down box so we can edit jersey numbers without having to be in Commish Mode and using the main players editor tab. Best part is that the feature has already been in the game and adding it in would probably be much easier than creating 3D baseballs flying around or adding a new feature like hiding nicknames.

I need to get the "hide the nicknames" committee to take on the "add the jersey number drop down button" cause on and then we will see some results!!
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #71
diesel230
All Star Reserve

What's the story with the patch for Mac users? Mac users are complaining their track bad has issues since the new patch? As a Mac owner im scared to download the patch.Is the game unplayable for the Mac users after patch? Any word on how soon this will be fixed?
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #72
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
• Improved in-game AI for several situations
Can you expand? Lineups? Waivers? Defensive positioning?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #73
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
But yet he still will not add a drop down box so we can edit jersey numbers without having to be in Commish Mode and using the main players editor tab. Best part is that the feature has already been in the game and adding it in would probably be much easier than creating 3D baseballs flying around or adding a new feature like hiding nicknames.

I need to get the "hide the nicknames" committee to take on the "add the jersey number drop down button" cause on and then we will see some results!!
While I'm grateful Markus accommodated the nickname lobby, my preference would have been that the option eliminated game-generated nicknames, but preserved the opportunity to enter your own as desired. As it is, it's all or none. That is, you can enter them, they're all there, you just can't see them on the profile.

Last edited by endgame; 07-12-2014 at 01:54 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #74
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Where does one "turn off" the nicknames option? Brand new to the OOTP version as of last night, adjusting to this net setup.
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #75
TwinsTHunter
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
• Draft picks with signability of "impossible" no longer state their demand. You have just one shot to convince the player with a great offer.
This is great, makes the signing period even more realistic. However, I have one minor complaint.

When negotiating with the players, the owner still won't let you bid more than double there asking price, even though you can't see it. For example a player with an asking price of $240,000 before the patch would generally sign for $480,000, and your owner wouldn't let you bid any higher. With the patch, the owner still won't allow you to bid more than $480,000 so if you start at a high number and work your way down, you'll eventually find the players demand by process of elimination.

If it's an easy fix it'd be nice to just set it so the owner lets any bids go through assuming you have the cash on hand, therefore you may end up paying more for a prospect than you otherwise would have.
TwinsTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #76
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

If I have really no intention to use 15 right now, is there a point to buying at half price?

I really can not make up my mind, swinging back between "Yes!" and "Nah..." rapidly right now (and readers of my dynasty will find this a familiar pattern with me...).

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #77
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Can you expand? Lineups? Waivers? Defensive positioning?
Lineups, better use of value, but still dependent on your individual setup and still, IMHO, a bit overly offensive, yet improved. Waivers, any issues there are almost always associated with severely limited roster limits. Aside from that, much less incidents of value players on the wire, with the exception of declining players headed for AAA, for instance. Defensive positioning, much improved IMO, whether that's fielding shifts or positional assignments. Still some shifting to accommodate late inning subs and defensive roles, but the previous proclivity to be over-sensitive to handedness of the opposing pitcher, thus creating a carousel of positional assignments, has greatly diminished.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #78
TwinsTHunter
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Where does one "turn off" the nicknames option? Brand new to the OOTP version as of last night, adjusting to this net setup.
Game settings > Players & Face Gen

And then under player personality settings on the left hand side there's a box that says show player nicknames.

Last edited by TwinsTHunter; 07-12-2014 at 02:01 PM.
TwinsTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #79
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
While I'm grateful Markus accommodated the nickname lobby, my preference would have been that the option eliminated game-generated nicknames, but preserved the opportunity to enter your own as desired. As it is, it's all or none. That is, you can enter them, they're all there, you just can't see them on the profile.
This. I don't want to push it because he did accommodate us but it's have or have not, now. I, too, wanted nicknames to stay but I wanted the option to turn off the auto-generation of nicknames, not to have them all hidden.

Well, I'll decide what to do; whether to forgo them altogether or continue to look into every new draft class, with nicknames showing in my customized view, and eliminate the dumb ones (while inserting a few amusing ones of my own). It seems like, if you empty the nicknames.txt file, those generic ones stop but my custom nicknames are replicated every year, sometimes with hilarious results!

By the way, am I missing the "Re-import names and ethnicities" function or as that been removed from the game? Anybody know?

- Bru

Old 07-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #80
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Exactly. Unless there's a reported pattern of this occurring, always look to your own computer first.

Trust me, people report things like crashes here.
Yeah I had my first v15 crash and first since v13 with this patch. Saved by backups.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote