Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #1
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Getting Filipino faces in my Baseball Philippines league

I've created a version of the real-life Filipino league called Baseball Philippines. However, almost all of the faces are Caucasian.

Can anyone tell me how to get Facegen to produce Asian faces for Filipino ballplayers? I would rather not have to go through the league and change each face manually.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:18 AM   #2
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I've created a version of the real-life Filipino league called Baseball Philippines. However, almost all of the faces are Caucasian.

Can anyone tell me how to get Facegen to produce Asian faces for Filipino ballplayers? I would rather not have to go through the league and change each face manually.

Maybe modify your ethnicities.txt file? Make it something like:

34,Filipino,0,1000,0,0,0,

Your language id (lid) should be 100% 34 (if all of your players are from the Philippines).

albatross

Last edited by albatross11; 07-05-2014 at 01:47 AM.
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, and then re-imported the ethnicities.txt file into that particular game, then updated the player pictures, but the faces remained almost all Caucasian.

I must be missing an important step somewhere...
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 07-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Thanks for the reply. I tried that, and then re-imported the ethnicities.txt file into that particular game, then updated the player pictures, but the faces remained almost all Caucasian.

I must be missing an important step somewhere...

Probably going to have to start a new game.

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

In my Global League the players from Japan, Korea and Taiwan have Asian faces, but not the ones from the Philippines. I've got a couple years of history with this Baseball Philippines league, so I'm reluctant to start over, especially since I'm not sure what to change to get the results I want.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #6
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Following up on Albatross11's post, it is a known issue that 34,Filipino in ethnicities.txt defaults to 100% caucasian:
//language id (do NOT change), language, african (1/1000),asian,east-indian,caucasian,hispanic,
34,Filipino,0,0,0,1000,0,
Caucasian is the fourth position, and 1000 (i.e., the number represent 100%) is also in the fourth position.

The way around it is to change the 1000 from the fourth position to the second position, like so:
//language id (do NOT change), language, african (1/1000),asian,east-indian,caucasian,hispanic,
After the change, go to Global Setup and select "Re-Import Name & Ethnicity Database", and going forward all Filipinos should have Asian faces. This is not a perfect solution, since Filipinos tend to be darker and have different facial features than Asian (which is actually east Asian as opposed to, say, south Asian), but it is closer to what you want than Caucasian.

NOTE, you might have an early version of 14 in which reimporting the database does not effect the change to your game midstream. The solution to that is to upgrade to 15, which fixes this issue.

If you can't upgrade to 15, and you can't start the game over, and it is critical you fix this immediately, here is a hack you can try:
  • First thing is, back up your original names.txt, first_name.txt and ethnicities.txt files. Also, backup up all your .dat files to a temp folder in case you screw something up, so you can recopy the saved .dats and try again.
  • In names.txt and first_names.txt, copy the section with Filipino first names and last names that is under 34,Filipino, and paste it over the first and last names of an Asian set you know you will never use (e.g., 38,Vietnamese). At this point you will appear to have two sections of 34,Filipino: the original portion, and the newly pasted over portion where Vietnamese used to be.
  • After pasting it over Vietnamese, change all the 34s in the new section only to 38. Now you have two identical nameset in two different section in each file, the original 34 and the newly renamed 38.
  • Go to Game World, select Philippines, and in Nation Editor change Language/Name origin from Filipino to Vietnamese
  • Re-import Name & Ethnicities database which will change the name sets, even though it will not change the ethnicities set on old copies of 14.
At this point, the new players created should have Filipino names and Asian faces.

Good luck!

Last edited by chucksabr; 07-08-2014 at 09:58 AM.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

I wonder how this worked out for the OP?
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
34,Filipino,0,0,0,1000,0,
Caucasian is the fourth position, and 1000 (i.e., the number represent 100%) is also in the fourth position.

The way around it is to change the 1000 from the fourth position to the second position, like so:
After the change, go to Global Setup and select "Re-Import Name & Ethnicity Database", and going forward all Filipinos should have Asian faces.
Thanks for the advice.

I changed the number in the ethnicities txt file to the second position and then re-imported the file. I tried this before, but it didn't work. Perhaps it only works for players who have not yet been created?

So the next time a new draft class is created I will examine it closely to see if I got the desired results.

Thanks much for the help. This forum has almost always been a very friendly place, and one of my favorite places on the internet to visit.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #9
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

In spite of my change to the ethnicities.txt file, the "facial type" for Filipinos in my draft classes continues to show as "Caucasian." Oh well. I'll just go through and manually change them.