Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 03-21-2014, 05:38 AM   #21
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Any updates?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #22
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Any updates?
Not yet as my beta duties take priority, but I'm working on it a bit at a time.
I do have the conditional formatting working by adding a 4th letter to the team name so that Home teams have a Green background/Black font and Away teams have a Red background/White font. The 4th letter needs to be H for home game and A for away game.

Still working on getting the Away team to auto fill the schedule on the schedule sheet when you set the matchups on the Template sheet.

When that's done, I'll tackle the new Grid sheet that'll keep track of the number of Home/Away games and type (Div.,NonDiv., and Int.) vs. each team.

Good news is that I haven't found any bugs in the current uploaded version.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #23
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Beta 2 Preview...

1. New Template sheet...Red background =Away team. Green background = Home team.

2. New Grid....Tracks the number of Home and Away games for each team.
Away games are read across the team row. Home games are read down the team column.
Numbers in column A should always = the total games for the season(Divided by) 2 or one half the season total.
If the total is higher, then you have to many games scheduled. Lower, not enough games scheduled.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-22-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #24
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I have yet to mess around with the last version you uploaded as OO froze my system up. A few misc questions.
1. Can i set up off days or games to be played on particular days ie SUN, MON & THURS for a NFL schedule?
2. Will i be able to have a 1 game home, 1 game road interleague schedule for just 28 interleague games?
3. How do i or the program go about scheduling the ASG? and how do i make sure it rotates be tween Al & NL and is it possible to have it be in teh AL park in back to back years?
I don;t plan on using this program until my 2021 season.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:19 AM   #25
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I have yet to mess around with the last version you uploaded as OO froze my system up. A few misc questions.
1. Can i set up off days or games to be played on particular days ie SUN, MON & THURS for a NFL schedule?
2. Will i be able to have a 1 game home, 1 game road interleague schedule for just 28 interleague games?
3. How do i or the program go about scheduling the ASG? and how do i make sure it rotates be tween Al & NL and is it possible to have it be in teh AL park in back to back years?
I don;t plan on using this program until my 2021 season.
Odd that OO froze your system, I've been using it for 5+ yrs. and it's never frozen mine.
1. Yes....Anything you can figure for a schedule, it'll handle.
2. Yes
3. As for the all-star game, just type all-star in both away and home cells on the schedule or adjacent to the date day cells in the template sheet. This only needs to be done once and that's it. I set it when I setup the first 2 teams schedule.
The rest that you asked is handled by OOTP not schedules. Schedules cannot set home/away teams or home/away ballparks for the ASG as schedules use the same team # designation for both teams...Ex. home="0" away="0".

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-23-2014 at 01:56 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #26
oman19
All Star Starter

Will this be auto-filling in the schedule now?

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #27
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
Will this be auto-filling in the schedule now?
Not when you enter your matchups on the Template sheet. I wish there was a way to do that...however since I have no clue as to how many teams/games a person may want to have in a season, I'm unable to figure how that would be possible.

Doesn't mean I've given up on the idea though. Just haven't figured out how to do that yet.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure love to hear them.

I have fixed the Schedule sheet so that when you copy a team's yearly schedule from the Template sheet and paste it into the Schedule sheet, it ignores their away games and off days. This eliminates any possibility of duplicate games on the same day as well as eliminates the need of manually deleting data you don't want..
This is possible as a team's away game is always the other team's home game.

It now works using A or H for the 4th letter in the team's name like so:
BOSA or BOSH...
Remembering that the second row of the template sheet is always the home team, any team below that with H as the 4th letter in the name (BOSH) is always a home game.
A team with A as the 4th letter in the name (BOSA) is always an away game and when pasted into the Schedule sheet they are ignored so you no longer have to manually delete those.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #28
Ike348
All Star Starter

Has version 2 been posted yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:34 AM   #29
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Has version 2 been posted yet?
Nope....running it through it's paces now..Recreated the 2014 AL matchups and so far all is working perfectly and it imported to ootp 15 just fine.
Finishing up the 2014 schedule (NL and IL portion) then I'll see if that'll import to ootp. If it does, then I'll release it..Hopefully by Tues.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #30
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Update: Monday 3/24

Everything went without a hitch almost....ootp loaded the final 2014 schedule, however I found 1 bug I need to fix before release. For some reason OpenOffice is adding zeroes to blank spaces when you copy and paste special to the final schedule...OOTP doesn't like that and will report an error, but since those zeroes are below the xml schedule's closing tag, OOTP will still load the schedule successfully..
Once I clear this up, I'll post a new link in post 1 hopefully later tonight or early morn..

EDIT: 3/24 10:15PM Bug Fixed!!!
I want to tweak the auto game time setting formulas a little bit. Then I'll upload the new version
I'm thinking ....
Day game = 9AM-11:55AM Enter a 1 in the M Column cells (For those that may want to do College or High School schedules).
Afternoon =12:00-4:55PM Enter a 2 in the M Column cells.
Night=5:00-8:00PM Enter a 3 in the M Column cells.
Random=12:00PM-8:05PM Leave the M Column cells blank.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-24-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:15 AM   #31
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Schedule Creator 2.0 released. Link is in first post here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3654016
I created the 2014 schedule twice and save it as an .lsdl file and it imported into ootp 14 and 15 just fine so it should work with any version of ootp after 6.5 I think..

Changes:
1. To make it easier to recognize the Home Away games, the cell background color changes to Red for Away games and Green for Home games on the template sheet and schedule sheet.
2. Added new game time options to the Schedule Sheet. User can now manually select Day, Afternoon, Night or a Randomly set game time (Check the comments in Cell M1 for instructions).
4. Grid now tracks the number of home/away games vs. each team in the league (Teams away games read across rows and home games read down columns).
5. Added a "Final" sheet so the user can copy and paste from the Schedule sheet directly to it rather than having to create another new sheet. I'll work on getting this sheet to auto fill as you enter the data on the Schedule sheet so all you have to do is sort and save. That'll have to wait for a bit..
6. Changed the way a lot of formulas work. It's a little faster now.
7. Added better help instructions to the Comments on the schedule sheet. Still a work in progress though..
8. Possibly some things I can't remember...
Bug Fixes:
1. Fixed formulas on the Schedule sheet so that 0s no longer show in the final schedule which caused ootp to give an error when importing the schedule.
2. Luckily I couldn't find anymore and hopefully you can't either.

I'd make 2 copies if this as I left the Template sheet filled in with 2014 matchups so you can play with the copy/paste/paste special and get the feel of how things work.
In your copy 1:
1. Highlight all the matchups on the Template sheet and hit the backspace key to clear the data.
2. On the Schedule sheet, highlight all the team info in columns J,K & L and hit the backspace key to clear the data.
3. Hold ctrl+s to save it or ctrl+shift+s to save it with a different name.
4. Use this copy to create your own schedule.

Use the other copy to play with...
Just copy each teams yearly schedule (all teams below the Home team on Row 2) and paste it to the schedule sheet. Then manually enter the home team in the home team column cells. Then do the next teams schedule and paste that below the previous team's schedule and so on till your done.
When done copy columns B,C,D,E,F,G and H down to the last schedule game and paste special to the Final sheet.
Read the comments on the Schedule sheet for info on what to do. Just hover your mouse over Row 1 cells to see them (Cells with comments have a real tiny red square in the top right corner of the cell).
Now it's bedtime for me.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-25-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #32
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Looking forward to playing around with this tonight. Thanks for all of your hard work on it. It's shown great promise so far.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #33
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Cell C4 in the "Template" sheet is subtracting 1 from =COUNTA(C8:C373) when it should not be doing so.

EDIT: That 1 might be for the All-Star game, if it is then disregard this.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #34
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Cell C4 in the "Template" sheet is subtracting 1 from =COUNTA(C8:C373) when it should not be doing so.

Was stumped on this as well but came to the same conclusion as your edit.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:00 AM   #35
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:

Oh crap never gave that a thought ....but you are both correct...I left it there as when I create a schedule it's there so I don't forget it or the day...
Thanks guys..
Old 03-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #36
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Update 2/27: New link in post 1.
Found a couple of bugs and fixed them and will up v1.1 and post it in Post 1 later tonight..
1. When copy pasting from the setup sheet to the template sheet it wiped out the conditional formatting so I applied conditional formatting to the Setup sheet as well. Now you can cut/copy paste from the Setup sheet to the template sheet and not lose the formatting. (Thanks to oman19 for finding this)
2. For some reason that i cannot figure out, when you delete the data I left in the sheets, it caused the Total number of games and games needed to be incorrect in the first teams cells and the Grid so I had to change the way formulas worked. It now resets correctly if you delete the matchups.
3. V1.1 and on will no longer have any data filled in. That should help avoid any possible accidental deletion of import data or formatting. I'll leave the 1.0 that folks can use to get a feel of how to enter the data and see how it works.
4. Added a few more comments...still a work in progress.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-27-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #37
Ike348
All Star Starter

Just got another chance to play around with this...

Where's the time chart?

How do I get my schedule to the "Final" sheet?

Quote:
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #38
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Where's the time chart?

How do I get my schedule to the "Final" sheet?
Times are all based on the random number generated in Column N. You can see the associated time if you look at the Vlookup sheet's Column D.
The time will be the Random #+1. A random # of 1 would be the time in cell D2. A random # of 2 would be the time in cell D3 in the V Lookup table.
Simply click Cell B5. Then scroll down to the very last scheduled game and click the corresponding cell in Column I. The entire schedule should be highlighted.
Right click on any highlighted cell and select copy.
On the Final sheet:
1. Click on cell A6
2. Hold down crtl+shift and hit the V key (This is paste special).
3. In the popup under the Selection Section only, deselect Paste All.
4. In that same section, make sure all the options have a checkmark EXCEPT formulas and click OK.
5. Click on Row #6 and scroll down to the very last row with an entry and hold down the shift key and click that row #. All rows from row 6 down should be highlighted.
6. Click data in the top menu and select sort. In the popup, set the first Row selection to Column A and hit ok. This will sort the entire schedule in the correct order.
7. Delete Collumn A.
8. Click on Cell A2 and in the formula bar (next to the =sign) edit your changes in the schedule element line to match your setup.
9. Once done with that, Hold down ctrl+shift and hit the S key to save the schedule.
10. On that popup. Name your file (use .lsdl as the extension) and set the type to csv/txt. Uncheck Automatic file name extension and check Edit Filter settings and hit OK.
11. On that popup (may take a couple of secs. to show) Click Keep Current Format.
12. On that popup, Set the Character Set to Western Europe (ISO-8859-1)
13. Set the Field Delimeter to Space.
14. Clear out the Quote in the Text Delimeter section and click OK. Only the Final sheet is saved.
That's it..
This part is up to you...
Just in case you messed something up...hold down ctrl+shift and hit the S key. On the popup, set the Save as Type option to ODF file and click OK. This will save everything so if there's any mistake in your final schedule, you can reopen this file to make any changes. Or if you want to use it as a basis for a new schedule, your data is saved and you don't have to start from scratch.
Hope this makes sense....any problems, let me know..feel free to pm me if you need to..
Once beta is done and 15 released, I'll work on this some more and see if I can't automate it a little more. Just to busy to do more right now.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:59 AM   #39
tanqtonic
Bat Boy

Wanted to say thanks for the utility . Used it to make a 64 team 71 game league with front and back loaded divisional play in a little over 1.5 hours.

The 8 divisions got a little tiresome to cut and past, so I hacked the utility up so it spits out the schedule without any intervening cutting/pasting.

I also put in another "level" of error checking (ie ensures that the input entry corresponds *exactly" to it counterpart) and am putting in an auto entry feature (i.e. puts in the correct corresponding entry automatically -- so I just modified my own mod to make it obsolete.)

If anyone wants the modified version, just respond here and Ill put it up on dropbox or something.

Im looking into putting in the reading of the schedule files as well....

Anyhoo, thanks not only the mod in the first place, but for the base from which to add.
tanqtonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:54 AM   #40
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanqtonic View Post
Wanted to say thanks for the utility . Used it to make a 64 team 71 game league with front and back loaded divisional play in a little over 1.5 hours.

The 8 divisions got a little tiresome to cut and past, so I hacked the utility up so it spits out the schedule without any intervening cutting/pasting.

I also put in another "level" of error checking (ie ensures that the input entry corresponds *exactly" to it counterpart) and am putting in an auto entry feature (i.e. puts in the correct corresponding entry automatically -- so I just modified my own mod to make it obsolete.)

If anyone wants the modified version, just respond here and Ill put it up on dropbox or something.

Im looking into putting in the reading of the schedule files as well....

Anyhoo, thanks not only the mod in the first place, but for the base from which to add.
Your very welcomed, glad it was useful and Thanks so much for modding...I was hoping someone would step up and make it better....1.5 hours is quite impressive..congrats on that. I'd love to have your modded copy..please post..

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-16-2014 at 12:04 PM.