Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #41
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Nice Just....good stuff....I think Markus needs to hire you. You are a modding machine!
PSUColonel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #42
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Will it ever get to look like this? This is what google uses.
Attached Images
PSUColonel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #43
conception
All Star Starter

The one question nagging me about these models is what to do about the crowd. I don't want every game to feel like Joe Robbie/Dolphins/Landshark/Sun Life stadium for the Marlins circa 2011, it's gonna be rather lifeless to watch a game without it feeling like there are people there. Scarcely any models I have seen feature anything resembling a crowd because the purpose is to showcase the architecture. I think that, upon game release, whoever has done their homework on this and compiles some stadium packs for the rest of us should try and come up with some basic generic texture at least that can be placed in the rows of the stadiums to look like there is someone there.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #44
conception
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OOTP will let you import .dae files, and the in-game editor then let's you edit the ball-location diagram (which is used in the simulation engine) so it matches the imported stadium. After all the OOTP needs to know where home plate, the bases, the walls etc. are...
That's what I envisioned in my head. How or where the viewpoint is set is going to define how these look when watching games.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #45
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post
The one question nagging me about these models is what to do about the crowd. I don't want every game to feel like Joe Robbie/Dolphins/Landshark/Sun Life stadium for the Marlins circa 2011, it's gonna be rather lifeless to watch a game without it feeling like there are people there. Scarcely any models I have seen feature anything resembling a crowd because the purpose is to showcase the architecture. I think that, upon game release, whoever has done their homework on this and compiles some stadium packs for the rest of us should try and come up with some basic generic texture at least that can be placed in the rows of the stadiums to look like there is someone there.
I have always maintained that once 3D graphics were introduced that the game would become about graphics, as more and more demands for better and better graphics were made. Please don't prove me right before they are even released.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #46
conception
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I have always maintained that once 3D graphics were introduced that the game would become about graphics, as more and more demands for better and better graphics were made. Please don't prove me right before they are even released.
Right now its up to the users to create the ballparks in the same way it was when we could only use flat images (aka now). My suggestion is no more than saying I would think a blueturf or Teflon ballpark would look better if it looked like people were watching.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:26 AM   #47
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Right now its up to the users to create the ballparks in the same way it was when we could only use flat images (aka now). My suggestion is no more than saying I would think a blueturf or Teflon ballpark would look better if it looked like people were watching.
I understand. But do be aware that it's the beginning of the slippery slope.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #48
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
That could look a little better
He wanted a 3D Turner Field. He didn't say that it had to be awesome.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #49
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, you can add a crowd.

This is not perfect, but here's my first try.
Attached Images
Old 01-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #50
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Yes, you can add a crowd.

This is not perfect, but here's my first try.
Good enough.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:43 AM   #51
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Yes, that is indeed a problem where we do not have a solution for yet. But, as I said, this is just the start and we'll be improving the feature constantly over the next years...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:36 AM   #52
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Adding a crowd shouldn't be too difficult. Just create a new texture.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #53
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Adding a crowd shouldn't be too difficult. Just create a new texture.
Yes, but I would like it to work that you could display different degrees of crowds. So a 50% filled stadium would have a different crowd texture than a 75% filled one. Since I have no clue about 3D models (I do not handle that part of the project), I am not sure if this would be easy.... anyway, we'll figure something out.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #54
conception
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes, that is indeed a problem where we do not have a solution for yet. But, as I said, this is just the start and we'll be improving the feature constantly over the next years...
This was something I figured to be a user-end thing for now, I really posed the question to stimulate the minds of those who would be creating models upon release, or at least capable of modifying what's already out there (and as somebody demonstrated, it can be capably compensated relatively easily). My worry wasn't that a working solution wouldn't be found for OOTP15, it was just wondering if it had occurred to anyone yet that the models being looked at and discussed would need to be modified with a crowd to really be complete, and just pondering how easily that could be done since I have no experience in these matters.

The variable crowd idea does sound like a cool idea for down the road, and it's something that I certainly haven't noticed in a lot of the sports games I play. Regardless of how much my team stinks, the park still looks like it's packed when I visit.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:37 AM   #55
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes, but I would like it to work that you could display different degrees of crowds. So a 50% filled stadium would have a different crowd texture than a 75% filled one. Since I have no clue about 3D models (I do not handle that part of the project), I am not sure if this would be easy.... anyway, we'll figure something out.
Wow. The Boss is charging down the slippery slope. If it were one of us minions, Wolf would have slapped us down by now! Lol
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:43 AM   #56
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiterFanatic View Post
Wow. The Boss is charging down the slippery slope. If it were one of us minions, Wolf would have slapped us down by now! Lol
You mean that I should be upset that he's proving me right?

I told you this was going to happen. Goodbye game, hello pretty pictures.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:09 AM   #57
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
You mean that I should be upset that he's proving me right?

I told you this was going to happen. Goodbye game, hello pretty pictures.
If there is one thing over the years on this here forum that I've learned, it is that The Wolf is never wrong (just ask him).

Since that is the case, SHUT 'ER DOWN EVERYONE! OOTP is in a death spiral! Wolf said so!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #58
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
If there is one thing over the years on this here forum that I've learned, it is that The Wolf is never wrong (just ask him).

Since that is the case, SHUT 'ER DOWN EVERYONE! OOTP is in a death spiral! Wolf said so!
I really think OOTP needs some form of color coded distress levels The Wolf could use to warn us all of just how close OOTP is to teetering off the cliff to total oblivion.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #59
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Oh boy, here goes another thread in the crapper.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #60
ajsas01
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I really think OOTP needs some form of color coded distress levels The Wolf could use to warn us all of just how close OOTP is to teetering off the cliff to total oblivion.
Gee, I don't know if he would have the ego to be able to handle such a responsibility