Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

BIG Baseball League - We need 1 good owner!

The BIG Baseball League is looking for just 1 more good GM at this time for the LA Dodgers. A little bit about us:

We are a fictional OotP 12 league started in fictional 1980 with 1 league, 2 divisions, 6 teams each. Most major decisions were made by the GMs themselves via league forum vote (yes, a democratic league!). We have coaches turned off, scouting turned on, and salary caps. We're coming up on the end of our first season and seem to have a great group of GMs, and both commissioner and GMs are excited about the future prospects of the league.

Check us out: BIG Baseball League Home

and our forums:
BIG Baseball League
(feel free to post, ask questions, etc)

Last edited by Zarberg; 03-01-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Not expanding after all.
Zarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Isryion
Major Leagues

Definitely a fun league with a small group of mature guys. Looking forward to expanding!

Also: While we have scouts on, their accuracy is High, (iirc).
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
bigfatcat
Minors (Double A)

it is a fun league. we actually manage to play without bickering, bad mouthing each other, or any of the other common childish things found in so many leagues.

i was very much against scouts when we were talking about using them or not using them, but they're (much to my surprise) not bothering me at all. mine even 'found' a good young player and advised me to sign him...which i had the opportunity to do before any other teams were allowed to offer him a contract. i didn't even know that part of 'scouting' existed but even though the player hasn't shown much in the way of promise, it was still pretty cool.

i don't know that we know yet exactly from where the expansion teams are going to get their players, but we're all very interested in the league being fun for all GMs (not just some), so i don't think the new teams will be hopelessly horrible.
bigfatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

Finally have OOTPOU (online utilities) up and running, and there is a team with a lax owner who hasn't responded to e-mails in a few weeks, anyone out there interested in running a team in this fine league?

Check us out: http://www.danielwheeler.org/
Our forum: BIG Baseball League - Home

https://www.big-baseball.org/
Old 03-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
stevem810
All Star Starter

This is definitely a nice small, but growing, ootp league. I joined midway through the first season and immediately noticed that we had a very helpful group of GM's happy to answer question s that expand your knowledge base, especially if you are new. Our commish is great; very helpful, timely, with good communication skills.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

The Dodgers still need a good GM! They went to the World Series last year, but lost in 7 games.

Home Page

Check out our forums and shoot me off a private message if you're interested:

BIG Baseball League - Home

https://www.big-baseball.org/