Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

PING: Tysok

Tysok, I'm not sure if you seen my other thread, but I was wondering if you planned on updating your Win Shares and HOF program to work with OOTP X?
falkonisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

I sent him a PM the other day. He didn't know it wasn't meshing well with the new OOTP. He said he would take a look at it.

but I don't want to speak for him...
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the update. I have not tried it with OOTP X. I just assumed that there had to be adjustments made to it before it would work properly. Mainly because of the new pitch ratings. I think I will try it and see if it works and I will let everyone know.

Last edited by falkonisback; 06-17-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

I tried it and had no luck...I am VERY anxious for an update

this mod is so baller
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
Alan T
All Star Starter

Yes, almost any mod that read the CSV files to run in ootp9 likely have to be rewritten for ootp 10.. There are new fields in some of the CSV files that need to be understood, but more importantly I found that the way OOTP spits out the CSV files now has a different usage of Quotation marks from previous versions. This appears to confuse many of the mods that are out for ootp9.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully Tysok has the time to fix it where it can import from OOTP X. I love choosing my HOF inductees, but there's just no easy way to sort through who retired every year without going through hundreds, maybe thousands of players. I wish there was an easy way to go through the list of players that retired each year and also sort the entire retired list by 'date retired'. That would make things a hell of alot easier
Old 06-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Howdy guys. I've been extremely busy in the real world for most of the year so far... but I'll try to get this updated for OOTPX as soon as I get time to breathe. Probably be a couple more weeks before I can get to it. I don't think it should take long once I get a chance to work on it... I'll let you guys know here as soon as I get it sent over somewhere.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
native son
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysok View Post
I'll try to get this updated for OOTPX as soon as I get time to breathe.
Tysok, thanks for that. I've enjoyed this mod for literally years now. While you're tweaking, would it be terribly difficult to add an additional column or table that calculates and displays the 10 peak win share years for a player? I find I'd use that about as much as HOF standards for manually inducting my players into the Hall.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
tysok
Hall Of Famer

I think I've got this thing updated now. I need to check it out a little more and then I can get it out to yall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by native son View Post
Tysok, thanks for that. I've enjoyed this mod for literally years now. While you're tweaking, would it be terribly difficult to add an additional column or table that calculates and displays the 10 peak win share years for a player? I find I'd use that about as much as HOF standards for manually inducting my players into the Hall.
As for this... what are you looking for exactly?
I can set it up so you can sort the Yearly Total Win Shares.
So you go in and see that John Smith has the highest total amount of Win Shares.
You click to see his yearly total win shares which looks like a normal career stat set - like this:
2009 5 WS
2010 15 WS
2011 2 WS
etc

Then you could sort it by win shares so you see this instead:
2010 15 WS
2009 5 WS
2011 2 WS

Is that what you're looking for? Or are you thinking you want a sum of his highest 10 seasons?
The second may be difficult, I'd have to put some thought into that one if I can even do it.
The first one should be fairly easy though, and I'll try to get that added before I send this out.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
tysok
Hall Of Famer

In fact I just got this done.
View player win shares - all time
Click view career totals
Click any players career total win shares
You can then sort highest to lowest of every category there to see his best hitting, pitching, fielding, or total win share season and then can sort it back in a normal stat line by year.

Can also get to that area by other means... like through the HOF statistics sections.

Last edited by tysok; 06-23-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #11
native son
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Is that what you're looking for? Or are you thinking you want a sum of his highest 10 seasons?
I was thinking more along the lines of a column with the sum of the highest 10 seasons, which you say is the more difficult (as I try to explode your brain cells). But I honestly never even thought of having the WS column sortable, which is also a very beautiful thing in and of itself!

Either way, you got to this more quickly than I expected from your last post. I look forward to the new roll out, and thanks again!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #12
Kemp
All Star Starter

Wow this was updated quickly for OOTPX! Where can we find this updated program!?
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
Wow this was updated quickly for OOTPX! Where can we find this updated program!?
It's not out there yet.
I did some testing last night and found a very rare bug that I fixed. In all the time I've used this since 2006 for so many seasons the bug just showed up twice in my 50 year test season. That was odd.

Anyhow, fixed it, and finishing the test sometime this weekend. Hopefully will email it over to Padresfanmods early next week.

This time around I have that sorting I mentioned earlier, and finally got rid of the quotation marks around names etc.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #14
tysok
Hall Of Famer

I just emailed this over to Padresfan. I'm about 99% sure that it will work fine. Let me know if anything is screwy.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #15
native son
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I just emailed this over to Padresfan.
Niiiiiiice. Looking forward to it posting, but thanks in advance!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #16
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Posted.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:23 AM   #17
Kemp
All Star Starter

Not to sound like an idiot but are there any instructions on how to use this utility? I've downloaded the .rar file but there isn't a "readme" or anything.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #18
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not to sound like an idiot but are there any instructions on how to use this utility? I've downloaded the .rar file but there isn't a "readme" or anything.

Thanks!
There is a readme, I just put it in a form in the database. Open it up and you should see the button to open the readme form on the main switchboard.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #19
Kemp
All Star Starter

Quote:
There is a readme, I just put it in a form in the database. Open it up and you should see the button to open the readme form on the main switchboard.
The file on Padresfan site is a .rar. So I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "Open it up" - what application opens a .rar file?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #20
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The file on Padresfan site is a .rar. So I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "Open it up" - what application opens a .rar file?
I don't remember what I have on my machine that creates the .rar file... but I believe winzip works fine, I have 7-zip on this machine and it worked. It's just a compressed file.

Beyond that, it's a MS Access database. I put it together with Access97 but it updates to later versions without a problem.