Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #21
DCHepler25
All Star Starter

Do you think this problem has to do with the blank "History ID" column in the teams.csv? What if we put the regular team ID in for that column and then try it? Thats what I will do as my league won't run even with the back-up teams.dat.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #22
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHepler25 View Post
Do you think this problem has to do with the blank "History ID" column in the teams.csv? What if we put the regular team ID in for that column and then try it? Thats what I will do as my league won't run even with the back-up teams.dat.
That's peculiar, because the back-up teams.dat should be an exact copy of the one that was there before - no coding, just a straight forward windows copy and renaming it back to teams.dat should work - if you've got several of them, I'd go for the one with the earliest date time stamp.
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #23
DCHepler25
All Star Starter

It was my fault not your programs' redsoxford! I accidentally deleted it and then had emptied my recycle bin later and well...

No biggie though. I can always restart the league. I hadn't simmed a single day yet anyway.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #24
Tony M
Global Moderator

This is on hold for the time being as there seems to be some oddities with certain databases.

I remember in 2006 when you created a league there were quite often ghost teams in the file, but I haven't seen this in 2007. When I've got to the bottom of this, I'll get a refreshed version up.

AFAIK, it works fine on newly created 2007 leagues (at least it does on my machine with the latest patched version)
Old 06-11-2007, 12:24 PM   #25
Tony M
Global Moderator

OK. I have changed the processing of the teams import to not recreate the teams.dat but to load up the existing one and only alter the records for those listed in the CSV file.

This gets round the integrity issues that getting rid of the 'ghost' teams brings in.

The link is at http://www.bourtonville.co.uk/OOTPEditor/publish.htm

So, one further caveat to editing the CSV files is to make sure that you do not under any circumstances alter the team id numbers.

Also, if you open teams.csv and make changes and then save it back as CSV open it up in wordpad or notepad and make sure that each line ends in either ,0, or ,1, (unless you're running an historical league in which case each line should end in ,0,something or ,1,something)

Errors have occurred because the line doesn't have enough commas in it.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #26
DCHepler25
All Star Starter

It's working great now!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this. It is a great mod for those who need to make mass edits to players, teams, and parks!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #27
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHepler25 View Post
It's working great now!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this. It is a great mod for those who need to make mass edits to players, teams, and parks!
Super news.

I've got one potential small change to make to the importer, the program should pick it up automatically when it's published - because of the change in the way it works, any history that already exists won't get overwritten, but any new history will. I can't make up my mind whether that is correct and I should leave it like it is. I think it probably is right as it is.

Anyway, onto the Players load now...
Old 07-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #28
Geebob
Minors (Double A)

bump
Mengele died on a beach in South America, P-a-u-l -W-o-l-f-o-w-i-t-z and Donald Rumsfeld still have paying jobs and, oh yeah, the Baltimore Orioles have to play baseball in the same division with the Red Sox and Yankees. So...
David Simon (creator of Homocide and The Wire) on the HBO Message Board
Geebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #29
kq76
Global Moderator

Will this work with converting OOTP6.5 leagues to OOTP9? Or would you have to convert it to an earlier version and then convert that game to OOTP9?
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #30
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Will this work with converting OOTP6.5 leagues to OOTP9? Or would you have to convert it to an earlier version and then convert that game to OOTP9?
Eek... even I don't remember this thread.

No, it won't work going from 6.5 to 9 because the structures are completely different and because I don't have 6.5 I have no knowledge of how the files are put together.

If the link still works, it'll only be for games created in OOTP2007 I think.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #31
kq76
Global Moderator

Thanks.

Kez linked to it as a solution to no history being copied over in a conversion from 6.5 to 9 and quickly skimming over the thread it looked to me like it was only for 6.5 to 2007 so I guessed that it might not work for 9. If you know of any other solutions, please advise.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #32
MrHaroldG
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
If the link still works, it'll only be for games created in OOTP2007 I think.

The link is dead—and having just gotten OOTP9 I was wanting to find out if the program worked for it. I was looking, meanwhile, for any other utility that allowed you to export data, mass-edit it, then re-import it into the game. (I already know about the import rosters option—I'm talking about from the .dat files.)

I do score at home.

Last edited by MrHaroldG; 12-27-2008 at 02:48 PM.
MrHaroldG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #33
Erich Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaroldG View Post
The link is dead—and having just gotten OOTP9 I was wanting to find out if the program worked for it. I was looking, meanwhile, for any other utility that allowed you to export data, mass-edit it, then re-import it into the game. (I already know about the import rosters option—I'm talking about from the .dat files.)
The link for the 2007 version didn't work for OOTP9 as markus had changed some of the code and caused there to be issues matching up. Tony is working on updating the program to be able to do all the things it did before only now with OOTP9.

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:39 AM   #34
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Tony,

Did you ever finish the teams/players importer for OOTP9?

If not, do you still have a copy of the 2007 version? The site the above links point to is down. (I know the old version doesn't work for 9, but I'm okay with doing my editing via OOTP8, if necessary.)

Thanks in advance!
Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #35
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Bumpin' this one up as well (See my "Nations Limit" thread.. This is part of the same project I'm preparing to work on)
Old 04-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #36
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Just bumpin' again as it's been a month since my last bump