Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
BeisbolFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Confused about how pinch hitting works

In my first game, I am managing a game here and there, and having trouble figuring out both how pinch hitting works, and how it is handled in OOTP. I get the basic concept that you can sub in people for the pitcher. But, whenever I do this, I can't get the pinch hitter out of the lineup afterwards.

For instance, my SP A. Southpaw has only pitched 41 pitches, he's up with two outs and I don't want him to hit. So I drag A. Hitter, a LF, into his slot. A. Hitter bats, and strikes out. Now I'm forced to assign a position to A. Hitter. I try dragging him back to the Roster above, and I can't remove him from the lineup. I try dragging A. Southpaw over A. Hitter in the lineup, and I can't get the PH out. The only thing I can do is make A. Hitter my new pitcher, which I obviously don't want either.

I see that when the computer plays my games, it often does pinch hitting, but I'm really baffled how it works, both in baseball, and the game.
BeisbolFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I'll leave the lengthy explanation to others that will surely come to help you out.

In the meantine, check out this tidbit on pinch hitting.

Substituting on Offense (Pinch Hitting)

To insert a pinch hitter while you are the offensive team, drag a new hitter from the roster list on the top of the screen directly on top of the player you wish to replace in the lineup. Players in red have already been used in the game, and cannot be inserted as pinch hitters. The number of the player currently at bat is highlighted. Once you drag a player into the lineup, his position will be listed as 'PH' (pinch hitter). You can choose a position for this player now by using the drop-down. If you do not choose a position, you will be prompted to choose a position for the player at the end of the half-inning.

Just don't pick a position for the pinch hitter. At the end of the inning you will be told to pick your pitcher.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 01-07-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:22 PM   #3
wekeu
Bat Boy

I have also the similar issue mycoles

Last edited by wekeu; 12-02-2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling
wekeu is offline   Reply With Quote