Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-23-2016, 02:52 PM   #1
javydreamercsw
Bat Boy

Angry How to manage morale?

Let me start by saying this is my first time playing the game and I'm hooked by the level of detail of this game.

On my current season, I'm getting a lot of complaints due to low morale in the dugout. How can I handle this? How can I identify the trouble makers?

Thanks in advance!
javydreamercsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:43 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

most important is to win.

but you also need someone or two who are "captains".

and if you click on each player, and then click on edit, on the left side under "personality" it should give something like "normal" captain" "hustler". If you find "slacker" or worse "cancer", those are good bets to try and unload.

but really, sometimes i've seen those complaints and no one is a stand out problem and i never did figure out a way to boost morale on those squads. so i just got rid of as many under performers as i could and waited for the next draft to change things ... it worked as often as not.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:48 PM   #3
javydreamercsw
Bat Boy

I was hoping to be able to sort by morale in one of the player views but saw no way to do it.

One by one is not efficient. Just wanted to know if someone knew a way.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #4
javydreamercsw
Bat Boy

I just hope the simulation is off or the Rangers will have an awful season this year :P
Old 03-23-2016, 04:26 PM   #5
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Sometimes hiring a coach that is good in the clubhouse works too. I had some issues in my clubhouse and made a change at Bench Coach to a guy that it said was very good in clubhouse, and it seemed to fix the problem.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #6
javydreamercsw
Bat Boy

Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #7
wolverinebball11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It will generally help morale if you have players with high leadership ability. You can look at the BNN Page on a player's profile to see it. Too many players with low leadership, especially if they aren't offset by others with high leadership, tends to make your players upset.
wolverinebball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #8
Baldrick88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This moral in the clubhouse is a pain. I can't control it everyone is unhappy and there is no cause. Reminds me of Football Manger where they get pissed off too easily.
Baldrick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #9
Cod
All Star Reserve

Like Wolverinebball11 said, having players with high or very high leadership ability helps as well. You need to look at all those "intangibles". Things such as loyalty, intelligence, etc. since they all have some effect on the overall team chemistry.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:46 AM   #10
wolverinebball11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick88 View Post
This moral in the clubhouse is a pain. I can't control it everyone is unhappy and there is no cause. Reminds me of Football Manger where they get pissed off too easily.
Nah you can control it. There's always a cause, it's up to you to find out what it is!
wolverinebball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:33 AM   #11
Baldrick88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP17 Sherlock Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinebball11 View Post
Nah you can control it. There's always a cause, it's up to you to find out what it is!
Detective game now too LOL

OK I let go or traded everyone with low leadership. Did the scan of their personalitys in commish mode (only looking at that, no cheating) and they are all normal. Sigh, now do i demote them one at a time to see if it's that person? Why don't they just say who it is?!

Thanks All for your help, but this problem is making my winning team loose!
Old 03-24-2016, 11:41 AM   #12
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Detective game now too LOL

OK I let go or traded everyone with low leadership. Did the scan of their personalitys in commish mode (only looking at that, no cheating) and they are all normal. Sigh, now do i demote them one at a time to see if it's that person? Why don't they just say who it is?!

Thanks All for your help, but this problem is making my winning team loose!
Have you tried bringing in a coach who is good in the clubhouse? Not sure if you are using the real rosters of fictional, but I signed a coach with the last name Moran (not in front of the game) and it says he is great in the clubhouse, plus I just acquired Travis d'Arnaud and got the message that the players are excited for his addition because of his great leadership.

And if all else fails, you can turn off player morale.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:52 PM   #13
Baldrick88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Tried all the suggestions and they all still hate each other. Removed ANYONE who isn't normal in all the categories. Guess I turn it off. What a silly feature.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #14
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

How much time are you giving for things to improve? I does not happen over night, I think it too my team a couple of months to see any kind of improvement.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #15
Baldrick88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A few months after the purge nothing happened. At the end of the season I let a bunch go, including my star player $25 Mil 5 star center fielder, who was full of him self (I wonder why?), my coaches etc. Next season now with players who are leaders and aren't selfish. Still the same problem. I turned it off as it's just crazy. Am I a detective or a shrink? At least in Football Mogul they tell you who they hate.

I want to play with all the difficulty and options, we need more info on why they get mad. The AI deals with it quite nicely.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #16
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

You can have problem players but you need leaders to balance the scale. if you have 3 guys with low/very low leadership/ethic/loyalty your gonna need guys with high/very high leadership to counter weight your clubhouse. Clubhouses don't fall apart overnight and they don't get fixed overnight. you need to keep an eye on stuff and fix it before it becomes a problem

Here is an example, it is kinda like a guy cutting a fart in the classroom, "The Smeller is the feller" On this NY Giants team I have a total of 3 players who have Team chemistry issues. In the picture below we see the problem child. Bottom left of his card " He is upset due to disruptive influences on the team" Two other guys have the same thing in that area, BUT This player is the only one who has anything negative in his "Personality"

So my options are Get rid of McMichael, get rid of the two guys he's pissing off and hope he doesn't make more people mad, or I can try to get more leaders on my team and see if they can reign it in. Obviously the fastest, safest surest way to resolve this before it becomes a clubhouse wide problem is to get rid of McMichale

If you have a pissed off team, it's usually the guy complaining the loudest that is the issue, But an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, you need to keep an eye on your players
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 03-26-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #17
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, and winning can solve a lot of problems too
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 03-28-2016, 12:24 AM   #18
Baldrick88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Everyone is angry face at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Oh yeah, and winning can solve a lot of problems too
Well I've tried everything. Bad moral makes you loose too which makes it worse. I give up on moral!! I'm not stupid but I have no trouble makers, i have leaders, vet leadership, and everyone is massively unhappy no matter what I do. Spent 6 seasons trying to make people happy and that's IT! I've reset happiness a few times but 6-7 games in everyone is angry face at me.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:58 AM   #19
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well I've tried everything. Bad moral makes you loose too which makes it worse. I give up on moral!! I'm not stupid but I have no trouble makers, i have leaders, vet leadership, and everyone is massively unhappy no matter what I do. Spent 6 seasons trying to make people happy and that's IT! I've reset happiness a few times but 6-7 games in everyone is angry face at me.
If everyone is angry faced then you simply aren't paying enough attention to that area, so turning Moral off is probably the best solution. OOTP has a lot of depth and not all aspects are ideal for everyone's sim style and/or taste
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 03-28-2016, 03:10 AM   #20
Baldrick88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
If everyone is angry faced then you simply aren't paying enough attention to that area, so turning Moral off is probably the best solution. OOTP has a lot of depth and not all aspects are ideal for everyone's sim style and/or taste
True man!! I built a good team but they all hate each other. There must be a Yoko in there breaking them apart. I even hired 43 year old AJ Perzenski to add some grey fatherly love to the team but they hate him too. LOL