Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Any progress made on this "sometimes" release player bug in v17?

Here is a link to the v16 topic I am inquiring about..
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...leased-ai.html

Just had it happen again in my v16 league where Chris Allen,the games top rated C, was released after a 6 week injury and while having 6 years left on a ~$150 mil deal.

I did try the workaround to take off player limits at AAA but that left teams putting 55+ players on those clubs. I ended up putting them to 35 to try to combat this release problem but as I just said it's still happening.

Since I caught it early I was able to track what happened and why I think the release occurred. Allen was injured for 5 weeks late June and put on the 15 day DL. Recovered July 31 and was released and then signed early August to another club. Turns out Allen was sent out on rehab, on July 31 the day he recovered, all the way down to Short A ball so I assume the higher minor league rosters were all full. He arrives at Short A to find a league that is age limited to "24 and under" but alas he is 32 and he is released the same day. I am thinking age is the cause of the release.

Sad part is SF is now left with two subpar catchers and no doubt without rehab assignments Allen would have simply returned to the big league lineup the day he recovered from injury.

Work arounds are fine and dandy and I don't mind using them. Right now we have one established suggestion of taking off roster limits at AAA which appears to work for the most part if one can live with the AI overfilling AAA(at least thats what happened in my league). Another possibility would be to take off all age limits (what I am going to try if no fix is forthcoming).

But if I am right and age requirements are the cause maybe a fix isn't hard? I have no idea I don't code, I am just putting out the information for Markus and Matt hoping they'll see it and it helps identify the cause of the problem so a fix can be made.

Possible fixes...

Instead of having a rehab go out to the highest club with space could the game require the player go to AAA and force the AI to move players down to make that happen? I can see a snowball effect with this one as maybe it results in an A baller being sent to SA only to be released because of age and turns out he's one of your top prospects, not cool either

Could the AI be coded to ignore age requirements for rehab players?

Other things I haven't thought of?

Again I'm no coder so I don't pretend to know all of the knock-on effects any fix might bring. I'll leave it to Markus and Matt to decide what if anything can be done.

Thanks.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote