Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-15-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Difference between Major League and International League?

What is the difference here? For example, the Japanese Nippon League is a Major League. Would I have any side effects if I change it to a Major League? I know I would need to lower the league reputation

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
What is the difference here? For example, the Japanese Nippon League is a Major League. Would I have any side effects if I change it to a Major League? I know I would need to lower the league reputation
I think stock PCMs are different. If you use a standard game *** is probably not stock international PCMs. The labels generally affect your PCMs and your SABR PCMs. So changing a stock high league to A would put the PCMs between low A and high A if I remember correctly. Changing *** to a major league would set PCMs equal to MLB so the players generated should be of the same quality. It will change your PCM settings on any league if you change the label. If you were to move say Korea and Taiwan to major league you would get equal PCMs to MLB. Switch back to international and you get default international settings which I don't think are the default Korea and Taiwan settings if you set up a standard game.

I think that is the only effect from AAA, AA, A, SA, R, international, and independent. I am not sure if you want independent and international leagues if it is not better to write down the PCMs for the level you want then set them to majors with a lower league reputation and set the PCMs to the level according to your notes. This helps make sure indies and international leagues will have trouble signing MLB caliber players. I am not sure if you want Japan at the same level as the US but it should be close so things like Youklis signing in Japan is possible. So for instance, if you want the Mexican league but you don't want them poaching MLB players assuming you have no foreign restrictions but you want the MLB to poach their players, you could set it to a major league with a rep below 10 then enter in the stock Mexican PCMs. You would also need the stock finances. This would help keep the MEX from poaching MLB players.

I have no idea if the labels other than Major have an effect on majors. It seems like from a lot of posts it just affects PCMs but if you set them to something other than majors they will compete for MLB players if they have the finances. League reputation helps players prefer the MLB even if offered a similar contract by a rookie level indy club.

Last edited by Biggio509; 02-18-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #3
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Pardon me for being noob, but what's a PCM?

Last edited by frangipard; 02-20-2015 at 07:48 AM.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipard View Post
Pardon me for being noob, but what's a PCM?
Player Creation Modifiers

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I understand about the pcm's. aside from them, are there any differences? Assume I set pcm's finances and rep the same, would players still consider the major league to be more prestigious than the international league? If not, why is there an international league at all? Are they not really major leagues or is it all for sorting purposes?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 02-20-2015, 10:57 PM   #6
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

I am not sure if international leagues have a rep, minor league labels don't and I think they should not be used for an indy league. Indy league gives low minor settings and is not equivalent to real indies. In real life different are equivalent to different minor league levels.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:03 AM   #7
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggio509 View Post
I am not sure if international leagues have a rep, minor league labels don't and I think they should not be used for an indy league. Indy league gives low minor settings and is not equivalent to real indies. In real life different are equivalent to different minor league levels.
all leagues have a rep setting unless the league is affiliated.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #8
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Beyond reputation and PCM issues, the "Major League" designation is also a descriptive tag of sorts that has ramifications under certain game settings.

For example, if you have the setting enabled that deletes retired players who never make it to the majors, the Nippon League and other "International" leagues will have their retired players deleted.
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote