Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #1
Loeffle
Hall Of Famer

New draftees on active roster don't get MLB contracts

Hei,

I'm playing a historical game and enter my second season. After drafting some MLB ready rookies in november some of them made the Opening Day roster, yet they don't get automatic MLB contracts (also true for other teams).
Normally a played called up to the active roster gets an MLB contract,no?

What to do?

(Screenshot my Opening Day Roster and the one of the Cardinals in 1995)
Attached Images
Image Image 
Loeffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #2
Loeffle
Hall Of Famer

The all got a MLB contract AFTER the first game was played...
Old 02-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #3
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

That makes sense because you can still send a guy down up until that first game starts.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:57 AM   #4
Loeffle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
That makes sense because you can still send a guy down up until that first game starts.
Thanks - didn't know that rule. Thought active roster means big league contract.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:59 AM   #5
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Not in Spring Training....and the game just doesn't treat your opening day roster as "finalized" until you play that first game.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:26 PM   #6
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

I am going from memory here so I might be a little off. If LGO is still posting he would be the man to ask about these things. It works something like this. When a player with a minor league contract is placed on a 40 man roster he is status is something like awaiting a contract if it is after the end of the world series and before opening day. All players on the 40 man without a major league contract get one after opening day. It is not just the active roster but all players on the 40 man from opening day to the world series must have a major league contract.

So technically, I think teams could put a guy on the 40 man in the off season then waive him and pull him off without him getting a major league contract. I am not sure if there are rules against this but I am certain the rules say a player on the 40 man must have a major league contract if he is on the roster anytime between opening day and the world series. I forget the exact name but a guy on the 40 man without a ML contract is something like designated for contract.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #7
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Players who are on the 40-man but in the minors are not making the major league minimum, but there is definitely a bump in salary for them. Whether that is considered a "major league contract" I don't know.