Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 08-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #21
habby93
Bat Boy

I'll get in on this. I work oil and gas in Alberta so my time can be somewhat limited, but I'll contribute as much as I can. Love hockey and this game has a lot of potential so I want to help make it better. On top of that now my trips to Kelowna can be written off as a "Business Meeting" lol jk
habby93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #22
Sweettooth30
Bat Boy

I would love to help out with any North America stuff I can. I have been very lucky to play and see as much hockey as I have. From season Leaf tickets and Marlies to weekend trips to Buffalo

I'm defiantly a hockey buff and would love to help.

I do have a 2 year old so will help as much as possible
Sweettooth30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #23
airat9000
Bat Boy

It would be nice to implement in the game
1 The statistics manager as syygral, won, where he managed
2 staff in the game
3 Ability to be the owner of the club.
airat9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #24
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Anybody Contacted?

Was anybody contacted about this?
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:29 AM   #25
Gorane
Minors (Single A)

I haven't been contacted..
Gorane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:29 AM   #26
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sorry, guys, still getting this organized, I had to hold off for a little while.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #27
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

If it's not too late, I can volunteer for some work. I'm finally getting my schedule finalized between flight school, coaching hockey, beer league, work and the occasional hour or so with the family.

I'll research anything you need to have taken care of.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:09 AM   #28
fredh53
Bat Boy

I have spent a lot of time tweaking players to get as close as possible real life statistics.All teams have played at least 14 games with Corey Perry leading with 22 points. Anyway,I think I could really help here. I have researched a ton of players. Phil Kessel leads in goals with 13.

Last edited by fredh53; 10-04-2014 at 02:11 AM.
fredh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #29
Fred Shero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any news on this front at all? I really would like to get on the ground floor with helping out the historic mode and possibly getting more back into the early 1900's to the 1940's/1950's.
Fred Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #30
Manitos
Bat Boy

I would be able to do the Slovakian league if you need help with it. I can do the first division Extraleague and later I could try the second division if there will be time for me to do so. Anyway, Im here if you need me and I think I could help you with this.
Manitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:04 AM   #31
Simple Mathematics
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I sent them an email trying to become a researcher. I haven't heard anything back. I'm from Operation Sports and I am a co-creator of the Revamped Rosters for EA's NHL series. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Revamped Rosters, we went through every NHL organization and re-rated every single player. From NHL 1st liners to the low-end prospects. The ratings were determined by a combination of multiple scouting reports and statistics. I am one of the main attributes guys on the team. I have looked at countless scouting reports over the past years and I have watched a ton of hockey so I can rate each and every player as accurately as possible.

No matter who they chose, I am sure FHM 15 will be awesome. Can't wait.
Simple Mathematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #32
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics View Post
I sent them an email trying to become a researcher. I haven't heard anything back. I'm from Operation Sports and I am a co-creator of the Revamped Rosters for EA's NHL series. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Revamped Rosters, we went through every NHL organization and re-rated every single player. From NHL 1st liners to the low-end prospects. The ratings were determined by a combination of multiple scouting reports and statistics. I am one of the main attributes guys on the team. I have looked at countless scouting reports over the past years and I have watched a ton of hockey so I can rate each and every player as accurately as possible.

No matter who they chose, I am sure FHM 15 will be awesome. Can't wait.
For the love of god, give this man a spot on the FHM researcher team, the accuracy of his NHL 14 rosters (both contract and rating wise) was pure gold!
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:03 PM   #33
Simple Mathematics
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
For the love of god, give this man a spot on the FHM researcher team, the accuracy of his NHL 14 rosters (both contract and rating wise) was pure gold!
Thank you very much. I was extremely proud of the NHL 14 Revamped Rosters. We were able to utilize NHL View for the NHL 14 version, so we were able to go extremely deep and make the rosters even more accurate than in the past.

Our main goal for the Revamped Rosters was to create better separation between players than EA provides. On EA's rosters, you have 4th liners with overall ratings in the 80's, and 1st liners with overall ratings in the mid to high 80's. This causes the gameplay to feel no different between your 4th line and your 1st line. In our rosters, our goal was to have the following separation:

Superstars = 88+
1st liners = 82-87
2nd liners = 75-81
3rd liners = 68-74
4th liners = 63-67
Fringe NHL/AHL = 59-62
Good AHL = 55-58
Average AHL = 49-54
Bad AHL = 43-48
Fringe AHL/ECHL = 42-

This gave fantastic player separation and made the 1st liners truly stand out. This range also stayed close to EA's CPU-generated prospects in their BaGM mode. They actually fit into our system better, because if you used EA's rosters, the top 5 draft picks wouldn't be good enough to play on their NHL roster for at least 3 years - which is unrealistic.

Every player also played to their strengths. We did not focus on a olayer's overall too much. We tried to stay in the above range, but we focused much more on the individual attributes so players would actually play like their real-life counterpart.

Unfortunately, EA took out the ability to edit players this year. So I am "jumping ship" to FHM. I will help out the roster community in any way I can.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:28 PM   #34
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
No doubt, we could use some help. We've lost some researchers and need to keep things caught up.

I'm currently handling the NHL rosters for FHM, as I have a bit of experience in this area myself, but there's plenty of work to go around with a multitude of leagues.

Last edited by Smetana; 01-05-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #35
Simple Mathematics
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
No doubt, we could use some help. We've lost some researchers and need to keep things caught up.

I'm currently handling the NHL rosters for FHM, as I have a bit of experience in this area myself, but there's plenty of work to go around with a multitude of leagues.
Any help you need, let me know. If you needed someone to jump on a specific team, look over your current work and provide some second opinions, anything. I'll help out if anyone wants it.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #36
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics View Post
Any help you need, let me know. If you needed someone to jump on a specific team, look over your current work and provide some second opinions, anything. I'll help out if anyone wants it.
That'll be up to Jeff. You should get with him regarding the matter.

Offers of assistance are greatly appreciated, as far as I'm concerned.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #37
Simple Mathematics
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
That'll be up to Jeff. You should get with him regarding the matter.

Offers of assistance are greatly appreciated, as far as I'm concerned.
Okay I'll give it a go. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #38
Fred Shero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I guess that no one has any interest in my services.
Fred Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #39
jacob_jub
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah no one has responded to me either.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:07 AM   #40
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Jeff is handling the db work and researchers. I will ask him why you all Hot no answeres. Even if we don't need any help at the moment you should at least get a response. So sorry about that!