Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #61
ChrisG
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the tip on the LUT settings. 2.2 was my "sweet spot", but that's personal preference.
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #62
GMGOD
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Hey Guys,

As a long-time customer and supporter it's time to address the major bug with the 15.5.25 patch that has a lot of leagues disenfranchised with the lack of OOTP support and having a lot of trouble, some long-time leagues on the verge of folding sadly because of this bug and no efforts to address the customers to fix it properly. It's the fifth patch overall.

Some guys in our league and others are ready to quit OOTP and never purchase or support it again in anyway due to the lackluster effort towards complaints to this bug and efforts to fix it for the people who shell out good money year after year to be in online leagues or continue in online leagues who update.

We have a league that will be in our 8th real-life year in a month and most members have been with us for SEVERAL real-life years and have put the time and money into supporting OOTP.

The latest patch has caused online league setttings and connection settings to be disabled and GMs unable to update their latest league files or export and game crashes completely with no access to the game they purchased. Most are very frustrated and ready to quit OOTP.

This post is to try to prevent that and most importantly try to raise awareness of how the a lot of people in the community are ready to give up ever supporting or spending another dollar on OOTP due to bugs not being addressed and a product many spent $40 for can't work and are told that the problems will be "fixed in our next version".

This is unacceptable to most.

I have tried creating a new file containing all dat.files and the settings folder minus the commish data file. I told members to delete their league file completely and reinstall using this file:

http://www.simbaseballleague.com/gam.../SIMBL2.lg.zip

They now say their game won't even open to the league that they have given plenty of devotion to being an OOTP product.

Any suggestions on how the problem can be remedied if this post is not deleted? And any other insight on to other leagues' problems with this patch?

It would be very sad for OOTP to lose hundreds/thousands of customers who are devoted players of the game due to these leagues because the product we paid for doesn't work and the problems won't be addressed to the consumers by OOTP and are told to wait and spend more money on the "next version".

Please don't take this post as cynical as I am only trying to help remedy the problem not only for our league but to advocate for and inform OOTP that they are making a big mistake on retail if these problems aren't fixed for the consumers who won't be returning due to customer service and satisfaction of the product they buy.

Please reply and good luck.

www.simbaseballleague.com

A Premier Online League Always Seeking Quality Owners- Join The SIMBL!
GMGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:59 AM   #63
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMGOD View Post
Hey Guys,

As a long-time customer and supporter it's time to address the major bug with the 15.5.25 patch that has a lot of leagues disenfranchised with the lack of OOTP support and having a lot of trouble, some long-time leagues on the verge of folding sadly because of this bug and no efforts to address the customers to fix it properly. It's the fifth patch overall.

Some guys in our league and others are ready to quit OOTP and never purchase or support it again in anyway due to the lackluster effort towards complaints to this bug and efforts to fix it for the people who shell out good money year after year to be in online leagues or continue in online leagues who update.

We have a league that will be in our 8th real-life year in a month and most members have been with us for SEVERAL real-life years and have put the time and money into supporting OOTP.

The latest patch has caused online league setttings and connection settings to be disabled and GMs unable to update their latest league files or export and game crashes completely with no access to the game they purchased. Most are very frustrated and ready to quit OOTP.

This post is to try to prevent that and most importantly try to raise awareness of how the a lot of people in the community are ready to give up ever supporting or spending another dollar on OOTP due to bugs not being addressed and a product many spent $40 for can't work and are told that the problems will be "fixed in our next version".

I have tried creating a new file containing all dat.files and the settings folder minus the commish data file. I told members to delete their league file completely and reinstall using this file:

They now say their game won't even open to the league that they have given plenty of devotion to being an OOTP product.

Any suggestions on how the problem can be remedied if this post is not deleted? And any other insight on to other leagues' problems with this patch?

It would be very sad for OOTP to lose hundreds/thousands of customers who are devoted players of the game due to these leagues because the product we paid for doesn't work and the problems won't be addressed to the consumers by OOTP and are told to wait and spend more money on the "next version".

Please don't take this post as cynical as I am only trying to help remedy the problem not only for our league but to advocate for and inform OOTP that they are making a big mistake on retail if these problems aren't fixed for the consumers who won't be returning due to customer service and satisfaction of the product they buy.

Sorry that you are having these issues and wish I could give you some insight to the solution. And I'm not saying you aren't having the issues and that they aren't a big deal for those leagues affected but I'm not sure it is as widespread as you seem to indicate.

I am commish of one online league (around for nearly 10 real life years) and am in 3 others, all at the latest patch, and have not had any of these issues you are posting about, they all are running with no issues. I also haven't heard of or seen other leagues reporting stuff similar to what you are reporting. I would expect if there were many leagues that were not able to run there would be posts all over these forums.

Last edited by byzeil; 08-22-2014 at 04:13 AM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:23 AM   #64
hluraven
Major Leagues

I am commissioner of a league and in others, I have never even heard this bug mentioned anywhere. That's obviously irrelevant to those who are having problems, but I don't think it's as widespread as "thousands" or there would be daily posts here and elsewhere.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:33 AM   #65
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the hassle. We try to fix all bugs but unfortunately we have a lot of work to do so it's sometimes difficult. We need to organize our work. Do you have a support ticket ID please?

I'm downloading and testing your league file now.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:19 AM   #66
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey Guys,

a while back I had a problem where the in-game league file downloads stopped working for one of the two leagues I host.

to make a long story short, the in-game http download league was blocked by a security protocol at the webhost level while the in-game ftp download league never knew there was a problem.

solutions were.

1. change to ftp downloads (easy)
2. change hosts, but you have to verify that downloads would work. (pain)
3. contact host & ootp to figure out what protocols conflict. (complicated)
4. host download files on a home http server (depends)

I don't know if this is the same issue, but I would check into it

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #67
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I have seen this in other leagues (at least 2). One folded. Mine is still struggling with some not able to download at all. I tried the re-do of all the connection settings, but the game wont connect on the reports. (I have a work around for that one).

It would be unfair (and unwise) to ignore this as a one off. For those of you who this has not affected you have my envy.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #68
congotim
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Issues with OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

I know Yosemite is just a beta, but the real version should be coming out shortly. Currently, the latest release of OOTP does not work with the most recent Yosemite beta. Any chance you guys are working along side the Beta?
congotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:20 AM   #69
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by congotim View Post
I know Yosemite is just a beta, but the real version should be coming out shortly. Currently, the latest release of OOTP does not work with the most recent Yosemite beta. Any chance you guys are working along side the Beta?
Thanks! Yes, we're working on it.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #70
congotim
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Email not working on the Mac

I also have an issue where league emails in an online league will not send from my Mac. On the same machine with a Windows VM, they work with the exact same settings. Any ideas on that one?
congotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #71
Northernsky
Major Leagues

Hello all - the link to the patch no longer works. Am I missing something? I did not read every post in this thread so if I missed something saying it was taken down don't shoot me.

cheers,

Scott
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote