Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
Oisk
Bat Boy

Giving up a lot of hits

Does anyone have any pitching tips to reduce hits ? I play pitch by pitch.

I am not giving up many runs in my current season but to give an example in my last game Podres got the win over the New York Giants winning 4-0 but the staff gave up 8 hits which is at the bottom of the scale for me. In the last five games the opposing team has had 10+ hits 3 times with minimal scoring.

I'm sure its me rather than the sim so looking for some help from vets

Last edited by Oisk; 06-16-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Oisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
MarkVIIIMarc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It might be pitching ratings or defense.

Look at your WHIP (walks and hits per inning pitched) compared to the rest of the league and then your individual pitcher's stats. I think it is a pitcher's STUFF which influences hits most directly. I seem to do best with groundball pitchers with great control in front of a league best defense. I frequently pitch to contact with starters and let the relievers go for the K's. I also am not shy about pitching around or plum hitting a batter.

You know, if your pitchers are scattering hits but never giving up the long ball that is ok. Those are typically higher MOVEMENT rating pitchers if I remember.
MarkVIIIMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
MarkVIIIMarc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh, I think a 1.18 WHIP and 3 ERA is probably acceptable right now. That is ten or so baserunners a game and three ish earned runs. I feel like 4-3 is the average score just guessing.
MarkVIIIMarc is offline   Reply With Quote