Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:28 PM   #281
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

What kind of league is it, StickWillett? Is it an MLB Quickstart league? Historical league?
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:35 PM   #282
BaseballLife322
Minors (Double A)

I'm still trying to figure out how to do screenshots.. .but this is so frustrating to so far.. it won't really let me change the screen resolution in OOTP and where it's currently at.. some things are cut off(frustrating) it mentions the taskbar but my bar is hidden and still doesn't work... I try to go fullscreen mode but like others have said it's not working correctly...

apparently my screenheight isn't big enough(said this last year as well but had no problem with it once i hide my taskbar) so unless if things totally changed from last year to this year, everything should be working normally but it isn't.
BaseballLife322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #283
Avindian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballLife322 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how to do screenshots.. .but this is so frustrating to so far.. it won't really let me change the screen resolution in OOTP and where it's currently at.. some things are cut off(frustrating) it mentions the taskbar but my bar is hidden and still doesn't work... I try to go fullscreen mode but like others have said it's not working correctly...

apparently my screenheight isn't big enough(said this last year as well but had no problem with it once i hide my taskbar) so unless if things totally changed from last year to this year, everything should be working normally but it isn't.
I downloaded Greenshot, which is both simple to use and unintrusive.
Avindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #284
BaseballLife322
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
I downloaded Greenshot, which is both simple to use and unintrusive.
Thanks man!
BaseballLife322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:58 PM   #285
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
This game is buggy as hell. This still hasn't been fixed. Can't create a historical fictional league.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...y-untitled.jpg
The problem is fixed in the patch to be released tomorrow (Monday). Thank you for your patience.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #286
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
When this happens, I go to "player and picture settings" in the settings area. Click "force update/generate player pictures." This will make sure all players will have their photos loaded correctly. It won't change cards/plaques that are already generated. But any time the game generates a new one it will be fine.
Yeah - this problem has been happening for a few versions to some users. Was hoping it'd be gone in OOTP16 but this issue sounds like it's related (I haven't installed OOTP16 yet to test for myself). Here's my explanation of what is happening to cause blank facegen photos (or photos with a stadium or other background but no face), at least in my situation:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3619044

As Habsfan suggests, usually you can just regenerate the first picture that gets broken, and every other face after that will be fine (until you minimize again). But with baseball cards and HoF stuff, not sure how to go about it.
I imagine it's tricky since it's a photo from a specific point in time, and if you don't catch it immediately, re-generating it won't necessarily capture the correct uniform and/or age of the player.

Is it even possible to re-generate a baseball card or HoF plaque if it gets broken?

Guess it's just important to make sure you don't minimize right before you do All-Star voting, Hall of Fame voting, Almanacs, etc.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:01 PM   #287
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

When I disable my 3D features then close the game and reopen my faceGen is Disabled along with 3D so I have to close then reopen and then disable 3D to play with Facegen

I realized and new feature of the depth charts automatically updating line up (VERY COOL) but sometimes when replacing a position it gives me 2 RF or moves my 1B to 2b in line up not depth chart Oh and the ALL start voting still had players who haven't played a game all season at that position being voted in that position because they CAN play it.

Overall love the game

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:03 PM   #288
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Created a QuickStart based on current MLB but with fictional players. Since I play out all games I shortened the season to 82 games. Yes I remembered to clear the default schedule and generate a new one. Seasons are only 76 games long.

I also disabled inter-league games - I have not tested if that has anything to do with it. Guessing the problem has to do with no inter-league and two 15-team conferences.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:38 PM   #289
Varjak
Bat Boy

Low priority bug: In a standard 2015 league I fired my manager and assigned a minor league hitting coach to the major league manager's job. On the manager's profile page, the runs allowed and runs scored are doubled for some reason. I've sent the upload as Varjak.zip.

Even lower priority bug: It's not in the zip file, but if a pitcher gets injured or ejected, the last pitch he threw gets credited to the new pitcher. If there has ever been a lower priority bug in the history of the game, I'd like to hear it, because I'm drawing a blank on what could qualify.
Varjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:21 AM   #290
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

Draft Problem

In my game, I had a negative balance, so I only had my draft money available. I did not sign my previous year's first round pick so I had to first round picks, # 1 and # 2 in the draft. I drafted the top two players with 8,000,000 and 8,500,000 signing bonus demands. I should not be able to sign them with what I had in my budget, but I clicked on meet demand during the draft and they both signed with me.

az
azepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:59 AM   #291
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Didn't see this one here. The game rescheduled a rainout as a double header but rescheduled a game to be played in Atlanta in Cincinnati. The picture does a better job of explaining. The rescheduled game is CIN @ ATL and the series it's scheduled in is ATL @ CIN.
Attached Images
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:59 AM   #292
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

When drafting, if I change the scouting to OSA, open a player's profile, and then press the back button, the scout view returns to my personal scout. I have to change it back to OSA everytime I open up a player profile.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:27 AM   #293
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Looking at season and career records. It says that 1000ip are required to qualify as the leader in career rate statistics.

In this screenshot below you see the requirement for 1000ip and then you can see the career ERA leader Kunimichi Maeda with 1.44 The problem is he doesn't have a 1000ip in his career (even if you add his minor league statistics) [2nd screenshot]. So how is he the all-time leader?

He also shows as the all-time leader in WHIP, Hits/9ip, opponent OPS and opponent OBP. All without meeting the requirement of 1000ip

I checked and the display is the same in OOTP15

So is this a bug or am I missing something?

Last edited by byzeil; 03-23-2015 at 01:36 AM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:35 AM   #294
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Every so often a player profile picture (top left of the player card) is shown as the attachment (i.e. the background picture from the face-gen folder is shown as the background as opposed to be transparent).

I've now seen this happen with 4 or 5 different players, yes I can fix it manually by refreshing the image), but it seems like a bug/gremlin to me.
Attached Images

AFBL New Jersey Athletics
FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
PBF Commish only
ABL (old SBC) Commish only

mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:48 AM   #295
Nzsftbl
Minors (Triple A)

Records tied or broken not showing

Hello
During the Live Coverage, whenever a record is tied or broken, the proper color shows up, and the player's team shows up, but not the player or the record
Notice "TMN" in live coverage, and the doubles record in the box score
Has this been noticed? Brought up by anyone?

Last edited by Nzsftbl; 03-23-2015 at 03:50 AM. Reason: image not recognized
Nzsftbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:55 AM   #296
Nzsftbl
Minors (Triple A)

Ok
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Nzsftbl; 03-23-2015 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Found solution
Nzsftbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:05 AM   #297
StickWillett
Minors (Single A)

Problem in Broadcast view to see correct stadiums!

Thanks for asking....I see this only when I play an Historical league game. I see stadiums correctly in the Standard League games.

Last edited by StickWillett; 03-23-2015 at 05:08 AM.
StickWillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:12 AM   #298
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanmatt View Post
Didn't see this one here. The game rescheduled a rainout as a double header but rescheduled a game to be played in Atlanta in Cincinnati.
Happens once in a while IRL - a 2007 SEA@CLE series was snowed out and one of the games was rescheduled in Seattle.

Because there are no other CIN @ ATL series, the rescheduled game was scheduled as part of an ATL @ CIN series but with ATL as the home team.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:31 AM   #299
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

As per this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...o-preview.html

Player Picture/FaceGen/Logo Preview
This worked fine in 14, then stopped working in 15 and is still the same in 16.

On the Game Settings > Players & Facegen tab are two options called:

- Create logo & picture preview (this league)
- Create FULL logo and picture preview

I understand the differences (the second one shows ALL image files - the first option just shows logo and uni pictures) - but it only does it for the current league (as the 'this league' designator says it should.

In OOTP 14 there was an option called "Create logo & picture preview (all leagues)", this allowed you to see all logos and uniforms for ALL leagues in the game at a glance, a really easy way to see which teams needed images fixed.

Any chance this can be re-included in the game? Pretty please?

I've been asked for system specs, but not sure why that matters given that the option to do what is expected has been removed.

Anyway, Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64bit), Intel Core i7 on a Dell Latitude laptop, not sure what else to add.

FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
PBF Commish only

Old 03-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #300
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

When dropping a player into the CF or LF depth chart starting position the player batting 8th (no DH) or 9th (with DH) automatically gets his position and the new player gets inserted into the lineup without a position.

FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
PBF Commish only