Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

FOF9 Update From Jim 6/5/2019

http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/
Old 06-10-2019, 07:06 AM   #2
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

I CAN NOT WAIT!

Go FOF9! Go!!
Old 06-10-2019, 09:23 AM   #3
tzach
Bat Boy

nice to see that things are moving further. very positive.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:39 AM   #4
jackstunt
Bat Boy

I've been following for years at this point. I'll support the game and hope some of the features I have been asking for are implemented.

Jim when the game is ready many of the silent majority will be here to buy.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
JJSmitty34
Bat Boy

Thank you Jim, you are a true professional. Can't wait for FOF9/FOF10.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #6
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

I'll wait as long as it takes. What I like most about the game isn't the fancy schmancy bells and whistles (although I like them, don't get me wrong!), is that Jim has always listened to the community about the game. Maybe he hasn't always agreed, and that's fine... at least he listens with an open mind and makes changes when they are needed.

Thanks so much Jim for so many years of enjoyment of your game!
Old 06-10-2019, 07:24 PM   #7
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Thanks Jim. Patience comes in many forms and understanding yours in product development really is appreciated as those of us that have lived within the FOF series for many years know and respect. Patience on our side as consumers will translate into satisfaction with an initial product that much cleaner than what we would have gotten from a clean build.

Don't understand the move to Ohio! A warmer climate would have been my first choice but hey, who can argue with the HOF right around the corner.

Best of luck as you keep pushing forward. Many here will still be here when the eventual unveiling occurs. After that, well, we will all be consumed with numerous hours of game time.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:46 PM   #8
Jim Gindin
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
Don't understand the move to Ohio! A warmer climate would have been my first choice but hey, who can argue with the HOF right around the corner.
It's really a coincidence, but if we ever have licensing, I can see it being something we can talk about (though the HOF is independent from the NFL and the NFLPA). My wife is a professor at Kent State, so the move is very helpful to her.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:33 PM   #9
KeithSteele
Bat Boy

I am live in Canton, Ohio and went to Kent State University so can say both are great! Also this news just pumped me up!!! I can't wait for the game!
Old 06-11-2019, 02:11 AM   #10
james17
All Star Starter

Fantastic to hear from you Jim! I'm waiting as patiently as I can. One thing you can be sure of is FOF9 will sell like crazy!
Old 06-11-2019, 03:48 AM   #11
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Many good things in the email and thank you for doing it. I think if there was one question that the devout followers of FOF over the years would ask it would very likely be this,will MP be available in the 1st release? I am sure even the OOTP marketing team would not mind you releasing just one little nugget of information, you could ask them but i guess know one knows where they are!!!!! So please if you could let it slip accidentally we'd be very grateful..... go on you know you want to

PS That question is for Jim or maybe one of the OOTP team no one else (many thanks!)

Last edited by thefatcat; 06-11-2019 at 03:52 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:22 AM   #12
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

The money will be here when you're ready to collect it. Thank you for your continuous work on a product we're anxious to play.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #13
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you for the update Jim! Take all the time you need to produce a quality product as you always have.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #14
Jim Gindin
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
Many good things in the email and thank you for doing it. I think if there was one question that the devout followers of FOF over the years would ask it would very likely be this,will MP be available in the 1st release? I am sure even the OOTP marketing team would not mind you releasing just one little nugget of information, you could ask them but i guess know one knows where they are!!!!! So please if you could let it slip accidentally we'd be very grateful..... go on you know you want to

PS That question is for Jim or maybe one of the OOTP team no one else (many thanks!)
The current answer is the same as when this last came up: it's something we'd like to provide, but it's a piece that doesn't transition well to a multi-platform framework. Most of FOF8 was written using C++ code meeting a multi-platform standard. The multi-player stuff was specific to Windows. So it has to be re-written and perhaps even redesigned. We feel our multi-player core of customers is very important and worth that extra effort; the question is when. No promises. Anything more than that will have to wait until the OOTP pre-release process begins.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #15
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

If you build it he will come... wrong game I know... but words to live by.

Will wait as long as it takes...
Old 06-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #16
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the update...this was great. I love hearing anything about the game, the thought process about any communications, and setting some future expectations.
Thanks again.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #17
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gindin View Post
It's really a coincidence, but if we ever have licensing, I can see it being something we can talk about (though the HOF is independent from the NFL and the NFLPA). My wife is a professor at Kent State, so the move is very helpful to her.
Welcome to NE Ohio Jim! Lived in the region most of my life, and I can say that despite it's bad rep nationally, this is a great place to live. Looking forward to FOF when it's released!
Old 06-11-2019, 11:24 PM   #18
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

I am very excited about this development

So, I was playing OOTP 20 and started thinking about FOF. I have bought several versions of the game, most recently through Steam. I was wondering if the game was still being developed and imagine my surprise when I search for it and find that you will be publishing with OOTP! That's amazing. I'm really looking forward to this release.

If I could ask for one thing it would be to make running the ball a little easier. In every version I have played I found that the defense got stronger against the run as the game went on. I believe this is because the AI knew your formations and was able to effectively guess what play you had planned. Fatigue didn't seem to come into play, however, it is my understanding that if you can the football early, it should become slightly easier to run in the 4th quarter as the defense gets tired. (I've never played the game, this is just through observation). I'm sure it's a fine balancing act and I will enjoy the game no matter what. It's just something that I have always wondered if it could be improved.

Thanks for listening and welcome aboard!!
Old 06-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #19
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes View Post
So, I was playing OOTP 20 and started thinking about FOF. I have bought several versions of the game, most recently through Steam. I was wondering if the game was still being developed and imagine my surprise when I search for it and find that you will be publishing with OOTP! That's amazing. I'm really looking forward to this release.

If I could ask for one thing it would be to make running the ball a little easier. In every version I have played I found that the defense got stronger against the run as the game went on. I believe this is because the AI knew your formations and was able to effectively guess what play you had planned. Fatigue didn't seem to come into play, however, it is my understanding that if you can the football early, it should become slightly easier to run in the 4th quarter as the defense gets tired. (I've never played the game, this is just through observation). I'm sure it's a fine balancing act and I will enjoy the game no matter what. It's just something that I have always wondered if it could be improved.

Thanks for listening and welcome aboard!!
If you aren't yet, you should join an MP league of FOF8 and see how other GMs are able to move the ball like a truck, nothing you can do to stop them
Old 06-12-2019, 07:35 PM   #20
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

It’s still going to be released before bannerlord!