Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-27-2017, 08:20 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM Update, Version 4.3.49, Now Available

A new update for Franchise Hockey Manager 4, version 4.3.49, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

There were a few stability issues we were able to resolve this week, none quite so urgent to merit an immediate maintenance update, but still serious enough that we'd rather not wait a couple of weeks or more to get the fixes to you. So, this update is a bit of a middle-ground between a maintenance and full update, mainly focused on clearing up a few things that could cause crashes or other potential game-stopping problems, as well as a few smaller fixes and ease-of-use changes that we were able to fit in safely. Assuming we don't run into any urgent problems with this version, we'll be taking a little more time to work on larger changes and additions and get them through a proper testing cycle - i.e., don't expect another update next Friday.

As always, we'll still be monitoring our forums and Facebook (FranchiseHockeyManager), Twitter (@FranchiseHockey), Reddit (/r/FranchiseHockey), etc. on a daily basis, answering questions and offering help as needed, so if you have any problems or suggestions, please let us know. Thanks for your continued support.

Changes:

-"Sim to Period End" button removed due to stability issues (still possible to get the same sim speed by switching the play by play and clock speeds to very fast with a lower level watch mode, e.g. no highlights or goals)
-in-game settings are now stored and don't need to be reset each game
-sound volume adjustment added to in-game options
-after a sudden death goal the "Finish Game" button now appears instead of requiring the user to hit sim/play again
-fixed potential crash that could be caused when taking over team between the end of the season and the season review on June 30
-fixed issue where the was still a chance of users being involuntarily retired in historical mode
-fixed issue that could prevent Swedish Hockey League from generating a schedule in 2018-19 (fix will apply retroactively to saves from prior to June 30, 2018)
-schedule generator should now be used after all NHL expansions, instead of using pre-set schedule with an early start date at some sizes
-"World Champions" achievement now awarded after winning the World Championship with Canada/USA
-fixed transaction error that could lead to crash
-fixed potential crash due to roster issues with nonplayable teams promoted into playable leagues
-Memorial Cup winner should now be named correctly in post-tournament news and player histories
-game will no longer crash when switching between leagues in a historical game while looking at the league edit screen
-fixed issue with multiple games being scheduled for team on the same day for some European teams (due to CHL)
-newly-generated players should now be given preferred numbers correctly
-the finances page in historical games should now convert all amounts to historical equivalents correctly
-the player ages in the starting rosters of fictional mode junior leagues should now be distributed more evenly, preventing weak 2nd/3rd-year drafts
-European players who want to play major junior should no longer reject contract offers from CHL teams
-the buttons on the news screen should no longer occasionally disappear and be replaced by the old action dropdown
-when renewing a player's contract, if the date is after December 31 the first year shown under "Year by Year Salary" in the Contract Offer section of the negotiation screen will no longer show a season that's a year too late
-the Trainer Skill attribute is now listed on the staff edit screen
-minor text and formatting changes

There are no data changes in this update, other than a few small adjustments to team data that were required to fix a particular crash.

Last edited by JeffR; 10-27-2017 at 08:43 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
micpringle
Minors (Triple A)

Will the Sim to Period End return in a future update or is it gone for good?
micpringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

No definite plans for it yet. It'll need some work before we can put it back.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:42 AM   #4
croatian
All Star Starter

"World Champions" achievement now awarded after winning the Division I World Championship with Canada/USA

This seems odd to me ? If you win Division 1 it doesn't count as World champion, you only get promotion to elite division.
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:44 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
"World Champions" achievement now awarded after winning the Division I World Championship with Canada/USA

This seems odd to me ? If you win Division 1 it doesn't count as World champion, you only get promotion to elite division.
Sorry, fixed that, it's the top-level World Championship. It wasn't being awarded properly for those two countries because of the way they change their GM for each tournament.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:11 AM   #6
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Any chance the display issues with Mac users was resolved?
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:22 AM   #7
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Have to say I’m disappointed that the Sim to Period end will not return, but if there is a way around it, I suppose I’ll have to get used to that.
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycosmic View Post
Have to say I’m disappointed that the Sim to Period end will not return, but if there is a way around it, I suppose I’ll have to get used to that.
It will return. I always wanted to do it like the "Sim to End" button (just that it finished the period, not the game) but that needs some coding to work. It looks like the button caused some crash trouble for some user (even if I can´t reproduce it) so we wanted to play it save.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #9
Aube
Minors (Single A)

I don't mind using alternatives to the 'Sim to end of period', but I find that it lacks some of the information you would get otherwise. Since 'Sim to end' replaced the roster page with the 'lineup screen' style of showing either 5v5 lines, PP lines, or PK lines, you could tell at a glance tell if it was a EV, PP, or SH goal. Any chance that that kind of basic detail could be added to the score info that pops up showing the scorer and two assists could also indicate if it was an EV, PP, or PK goal that was scored, and even better if it specified 5-3, 4-4, or whatever situation that the goal happened?

I like the quickness of watching the games at max speed, but I still like knowing the context at a glance of how the goals are happening.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that while I'm trying to use the 'player stats' to keep track of who was on the ice when it was scored to have an idea of what was going on, I think it would be WAY more helpful if it could be displayed in a standard LW/C/RW/LD/RD or LD/RD/LW/C/RW format rather than putting the positions alphabetically or reverse alphabetically, it's a surprisingly unnatural way to try to picture who's on the ice when I see who the center is, then the LD, then the LW, RD, and RW.

Last edited by Aube; 10-27-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Aube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:13 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, shouldn't be difficult to add a little extra detail to the goal information. And I'd like to make them stand out a little more from the other events than they do right now.

I'll see about the ordering of the stats screen. Might make the most sense to display them in the order the ES lines are set up.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #11
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFyvie View Post
Any chance the display issues with Mac users was resolved?
Seconding that question.
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:38 PM   #12
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Nothing data related that we have to restart our save correct
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:25 PM   #13
tylerjlc
Bat Boy

My save is still crashing when I try and watch overtime. Only works with 'sim to end.'
tylerjlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerjlc View Post
My save is still crashing when I try and watch overtime. Only works with 'sim to end.'
Could you upload that save? Instructions here. If it's happening consistently that should let us find the cause.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:15 AM   #15
Chomps
Major Leagues

The Back button does not work with the new patch.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:17 AM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
The Back button does not work with the new patch.
It's working fine for me. Is there a particular screen you're trying to use it on that doesn't work?
Old 10-29-2017, 08:11 PM   #17
Chomps
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It's working fine for me. Is there a particular screen you're trying to use it on that doesn't work?
I restarted the game, and it is working now.

Still having problems with players showing up in wrong jersey.

Also, how does one view Pre-Season standings and statistics?
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:45 PM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

Still trying to find the cause of the jersey problem.

Standings aren't shown during the pre-season. Pre-season stats can be shown from any regular stats view (e.g. rosters or league stats) by changing the dropdown selection from "Regular Season" to "Pre-Season."
Old 11-02-2017, 08:04 AM   #19
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

JeffR whats the roster update date up to for the current file? like october 6th?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:56 AM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

NHL opening night, October 4.