Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-28-2017, 04:26 AM   #41
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
That's awesome! Will players under contract be able to be 'poached' ala real life or will it be strictly FA's?
Strictly free agents. The WHA didn't sign anyone with a valid contract; the Hawks did sue them over Bobby Hull, claiming they had an option on his 1972-73 season due to the reserve clause in his contract, but lost in court.

(That may be one way to eventually get historical contracts working more realistically in the game: have a reserve clause mechanism that allows teams to renew contracts indefinitely at the end of the season they run out; then take it away in the summer of 1972 so there are a bunch of semi-free agents available for the WHA to target.)

Last edited by JeffR; 09-28-2017 at 04:28 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #42
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Simulating the reserve clause would be an impressive addition, especially considering it was such a huge part in the league's acquisition of talent. I found it really difficult to get much talent in the previous versions of the game if I started before the 72-73 season. Either way, thanks for the replies.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:26 AM   #43
haneman
Bat Boy

Can we ad more than one manager?
haneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #44
Blue&Gold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Aside from whether or not the NHL would be happy with that, it'd get a little complicated; we'd need to make the tournaments editable to begin with, and then a way of adding/subtracting league exclusions, which also gets into some problems with rosters and schedule conflicts if leagues that play through tournaments are changed to start sending players to them.

For the World Cup, it sounds like the NA/Europe teams may be on the way out next time; as soon as we get some credible confirmation of that, we'll change it.
This is a bit disappointing as all I want is a best-on-best country-only style tournament.
Blue&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #45
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneman View Post
Can we ad more than one manager?
Sorry, not at the moment. For more infos on this topic please look at this post by Jeff: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...8&postcount=53
Old 09-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #46
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

OTTP allows real life guys in WBC and Olympics.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:26 PM   #47
pedersenk
Minors (Double A)

My yearly dumb question: Is it possible to promote an assistant coach to head coach?
pedersenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:28 AM   #48
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenk View Post
My yearly dumb question: Is it possible to promote an assistant coach to head coach?
Not yet, but we're close to making that work - we added "position" ratings in various staff categories (like the player position ratings, but for head coaching, scouting, etc. instead of LW, RW, etc.) to the database a few months ago in preparation for it. Once we've got enough data collected to make those work well in the game, we'll be able to do proper movement between staff roles, including changing the jobs of your own staff.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:57 AM   #49
jcrogie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I got halfway down the change list, and couldn't believe there was still more to come!

I'm glad to have supported each iteration of this game, each time you guys come to the plate with amazing new features and tweaks.
jcrogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:08 AM   #50
Robert11729
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrogie View Post
I got halfway down the change list, and couldn't believe there was still more to come!

I'm glad to have supported each iteration of this game, each time you guys come to the plate with amazing new features and tweaks.
I agree the list is amazing so much added again this year
Robert11729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:09 AM   #51
Robert11729
Minors (Single A)

They've come so far from the first FHM I also bought all of the FHM games cause I wanted to support them and they have come a long way.
Robert11729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:16 AM   #52
pedersenk
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not yet, but we're close to making that work - we added "position" ratings in various staff categories (like the player position ratings, but for head coaching, scouting, etc. instead of LW, RW, etc.) to the database a few months ago in preparation for it. Once we've got enough data collected to make those work well in the game, we'll be able to do proper movement between staff roles, including changing the jobs of your own staff.
Sounds promising - thanks Jeff!
pedersenk is offline   Reply With Quote