Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #41
Rand
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not sure what's going on with the retirements in custom games, they seem to be OK in regular games. We'll look at it.
If it makes any difference at all my sims were done using sandbox mode, GM unemployed so as not to impact anything. Deselected all leagues besides AHL/NHL which are mandatory and let it sim without touching anything.
Tested using version 3.0.53

Last edited by Rand; 10-28-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:18 AM   #42
Rand
Minors (Double A)

Testing version 3.0.56 now.
Sim is currently in 2031, started over with the latest version so as not to taint results.

Not sure if anything has changed or it's chance but retirement ages look better then last time. Oldest retirement is 44 (excluding Jagr who I won't count for obvious reasons).
7 other players retired at 43.

Currently 13 players in the sim that are age 40+. 8 of those are 40yrs old though.
So, definitely not realistic but at least there haven't been any incredibly old retirements yet.

I'll post a separate thread with data from 2035/2040/2045 when I've simmed to that date. At least assuming a new version doesn't come out before I can get that far! Updates are coming out faster then I can sim...

On another note, player salaries look MUCH better now. The major salary depreciation from earlier versions is gone.
Salaries MIGHT still look too low though, but I really need a bunch more seasons of data to be at all confident in that. So I'd hesitate to say there is any real problem at all.

Drafts are still looking good, the talent is a bit more spread out and less top heavy then reality but well within the range of plausible.
Forward talent spread looks very good.
Defencemen talent spread is also quite solid.
Goalies don't seem to develop quite as well as position players, which I noted before but I still need more seasons simmed to be really confident there is any problem or it's just a bunch of fluke years with abnormally poor goaltending talent.

Despite the criticisms in this threat the game has made real progress just in the last two weeks since it was released as a beta. It looks pretty promising now. There is always things to improve, but at least it's getting to the state where the core of the game is pretty solid and you can build around it.

Last edited by Rand; 10-29-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:28 AM   #43
JeffR
FHM Producer

Not sure if anything changed or not re:retirement in the new build. It wasn't in the update notes I got from Sebastian, but it had been on the list to look at, so it may have gotten a stealth fix.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:40 PM   #44
Rand
Minors (Double A)

Just posted a new/long tread with my results from long term sims for anyone interested in how the game holds up long term.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4109577
Old 10-29-2016, 10:57 PM   #45
jwr38
Minors (Single A)

I did a quick sim with .56 and things are looking better too. I need to look more deeply into it but with my current quick look, things look much better.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:49 AM   #46
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Just something to keep in mind, player development is pretty hard to get just right, because most people have a different opinion about it and there is not much of hard, reliable real life data out there. Obviously, when you'd get obvious problems, it's worth reporting to us. In OOTP it took us almost 10 years until we got player development & aging in a good shape, and we're still tweaking it every year, after 19 years of development. Fo figure
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:56 AM   #47
no way
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Just something to keep in mind, player development is pretty hard to get just right, because most people have a different opinion about it and there is not much of hard, reliable real life data out there. Obviously, when you'd get obvious problems, it's worth reporting to us. In OOTP it took us almost 10 years until we got player development & aging in a good shape, and we're still tweaking it every year, after 19 years of development. Fo figure
I agree (and I'd say I like that part of OOTP, 19 years of work can be seen in that one), as for FHM I'd say when I did sim 16 years with all leagues selected as playable developement felt quite ok except goaltenders, custom leagues and History leage once you get in the future seems to not develop that well, but I believe that it will get better with time, I already saw improvements from 1st beta build.
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:17 AM   #48
jwr38
Minors (Single A)

it is better. The area the sim needs work on is roster building. Far to often the rosters have newly drafted players making the team. This is not the first two or three players from the draft but many players and they often don't have the ability to be there.

They aren't good players either but the computer picks them over higher skilled FA. This might stop players developing.

I'm seeing guys with 0.5 in skill playing 1 year in the main leagues but when old enough to play in the minors, they don't play any games because their skill is too low. It's those first season where things are going wrong. I can develop players so I am sure the system works.

Are other people finding the same thing?

Last edited by jwr38; 11-01-2016 at 09:19 AM.
jwr38 is offline   Reply With Quote