Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #181
goldfinger77
Minors (Double A)

Bump - we're still looking for someone.
goldfinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #182
mad0die
All Star Reserve

The GUBA has an opening

A rare opening that we make public. We are an online OOTP community that have been doing this for a decade now. We have the most active forums and ownership base you'll ever find in an OOTP online league.

Full League Name (Initials): Global Unified Baseball Association (GUBA)
Forums (where all the action takes place): Right here
Reports URL: GUBA Home
We also use Getch's OU utility for development reports, last sim statistics, amateur drafting, All-Star Voting, etc.

Commissioner: Me
OOTP Version: OOTP 13 required
Players: fictional
# of Teams: 32
Sims: Our sim schedule changes based on the time of season, but most of the regular season is 4 sims a week. We sim a week at a time so 7-day lineups can be utilized.
First Season: 2007
Latest Season: We just played the 2035 All-Star game.

Description: This is a big league with an extremely active forum. You might remember the old FIBB or MBBA - those 2 long-standing leagues joined together as the GUBA back in May 2007. We are a world baseball association with one league based in N.America and the other all over the World.

This is a writing league. Periodic articles about your team are required. These are designed to be fun and keep the forums active. The quality of your writing is not judged.

Exporting for every sim is required. No fly by night owners please and we love to joke around. Please don't come in with a chip on your shoulder or thin skin.

We are a community as much as we are a baseball league, but as veterans of OOTP (some playing since OOTP 3) we know our baseball as well.

If interested...: Register for the forum, fill out an app and join our crazy fun.

The Santo Domingo Gallos is the open team. They won their division last season, but have struggled a bit this season - our first on OOTP 13.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #183
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0die View Post
This is a writing league. Periodic articles about your team are required. These are designed to be fun and keep the forums active. The quality of your writing is not judged.
Truth. We have a kid who I think participates 80% on his phone lol n u kno how kidz rite these dayz wen they r tryin 2 be fast n stuf cuz da keyboard iz small.

Quote:
Please don't come in with a chip on your shoulder or thin skin.
or religious views you don't want made fun of. or New England fans - any sport. or girls. or guys named Kirk, we have enough of them.

Quote:
We are a community as much as we are a baseball league, but as veterans of OOTP (some playing since OOTP 3) we know our baseball as well.
Well. I mean... yeah, sorta. I guess.

Quote:
If interested...: Register for the forum, fill out an app and join our crazy fun.
True.

We've got a reasonable laundry list of ex owners who you might know. If you'll allow me a few name drops -- we feature such dignified OOTP names as Brian The Stunt Bum, Recte44, Bibs, and Oakjefferson. That's... well, a hairy guy who doesn't wear pants, a Denny's manager, a FREAKIN ROCKET SCIENTIST, and.. um.. a canadian guy who likes BBWs.

Actually, screw those guys. You know who we had in the GUBA? Frickin BATTISTS. That's right. The Manual Guy. He quit because he was "busy" writing "the manual" for "OOTP" whatever...

If it was good enough for him, it's good enough for you. Don't miss your chance.

We even have a girl now!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #184
Millsy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
or New England fans - any sport.
Even over here the haters gotta hate.

Come join us. The GUBA is kind of like that Thanksgiving dinner in Scent of a Woman. Except everyone at the table is Al Pachino.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #185
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Just wondering is it a very tough league to get into?? I am quite new to OOTP but Id really love to join a league to get the community experience. I was in a similar league for soccer before and loved it so itd be cool to do it again.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #186
Afino
Hall Of Famer

OOTP online league experience is....recommended.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #187
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
Just wondering is it a very tough league to get into?? I am quite new to OOTP but Id really love to join a league to get the community experience. I was in a similar league for soccer before and loved it so itd be cool to do it again.
No, it's an extremely easy league to get into, but it's very competitive once you get there. We can definitely help you along.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #188
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Bump
Old 01-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #189
mad0die
All Star Reserve

GUBA Opening

A rare opening that we make public. We are an online OOTP community that have been doing this for a decade now. We have the most active forums and ownership base you'll ever find in an OOTP online league.

Full League Name (Initials): Global Unified Baseball Association (GUBA)
Forums (where all the action takes place): Right here
Reports URL: GUBA Home
We also use Getch's OU utility for development reports, last sim statistics, amateur drafting, All-Star Voting, etc.

OOTP Version: OOTP 13
Players: fictional
Sims: We sim often, 5 times a week Sun - Thr. We sim a week at a time so 7-day lineups can be utilized.

Description: This is a very competitive league with an extremely active forum. You might remember the old FIBB or MBBA - those 2 long-standing leagues joined together as the GUBA back in May 2007. We are a world baseball association with one league based in N.America and the other all over the World.

Exporting for every sim is required. No fly by night owners please and we love to joke around.

If interested...: Register for the forum, fill out an app and join our fun.

The Calgary Marauders is the open team.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #190
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Because of the massive amounts of spambots we've had previously on the forums, registrations are set to admin approval. Please PM myself or mad0die if you register and we will approve your account.

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #191
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Filled Calgary, but we now have another opening.

Prague Devils

Young team that just made the playoffs with an ace that's going to win rookie of the year.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #192
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0die View Post
Filled Calgary, but we now have another opening.

Prague Devils

Young team that just made the playoffs with an ace that's going to win rookie of the year.
The new Prague owner only lasted one season. Again, looking for an owner for this team that missed the playoffs by 4 games and has the best young SP in the game.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #193
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Dis is a grate leeg an if you don't like it i'll break ur head!!

Name:  half-orc.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  69.1 KB

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 03-14-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: SPELLT BREAK WRONG--FIXED
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #194
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Have an unexpected opening, the Honolulu Island Kings

They've missed the post-season the past couple seasons, but have arguably the league's best starter, Dana Howard, who is also a knuckleballer!

PM me here if interested.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #195
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Still looking for a Honolulu owner
Old 03-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #196
Lumber13
Bat Boy

This is a great league that I have been a member of for a long, long time. I cannot recommend this league enough to everyone.

If you desire a highly active, very competitive and extremely enjoyable OOTP online league experience then the GUBA is for you.
Lumber13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #197
Cliche
Minors (Triple A)

I've been playing OOTP with a lot of the guys in the GUBA for 8-plus years now. The camaraderie and competitiveness make playing (and writing about it) one of my favorite hobbies.

If you're looking for an immersive OOTP experience, come on down! We'd love to have another new face join us.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #198
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Taipei Tigers are now open. They are a team that is not playing well and had just started a rebuild.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #199
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

I got the Calgary opening. Easily the most challenging league I've been in. If you are up for the challenge you'll find one of the most engaging, competitive (and occasionally dramatic) leagues around.

If you're up for it, take the plunge you won't be disappointed.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #200
Jhordell
Bat Boy

Opening

Hello there.

I signed up on the forums but have not been approved to post in the New Applicants section.

Look forward to possibly joining the league
Jhordell is offline   Reply With Quote