Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM Maintenance Update, Version 4.0.36, Now Available

A new maintenance update for Franchise Hockey Manager 4, version 4.0.36, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.
-If you've purchased from the Mac App store, the game will auto-update, but since that update needs to be approved by Apple, it may be delayed (possibly by a few days if they disapprove the initial submission, as has happened at times in the past)

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

The only change in this version is a fix for a crash that could result if a player is injured during a game and the game is then decided by a shootout. We didn't want to leave a crash with a likelihood as high as that in the game until next week's update, so we're patching it now.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #2
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
A new maintenance update for Franchise Hockey Manager 4, version 4.0.36, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.
-If you've purchased from the Mac App store, the game will auto-update, but since that update needs to be approved by Apple, it may be delayed (possibly by a few days if they disapprove the initial submission, as has happened at times in the past)

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

The only change in this version is a fix for a crash that could result if a player is injured during a game and the game is then decided by a shootout. We didn't want to leave a crash with a likelihood as high as that in the game until next week's update, so we're patching it now.
This is great thanks. Does a new game need to be started for this to work or can we expect it to work on a current save from version 4.0.35?
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sebastian's offline so I can't check, but I'm fairly sure this will prevent the problem in existing games as well, without a restart.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #4
Yoss83PL
Bat Boy

Man, it will take you at least 3-4 months to fix all that mess in the game. I hope you'll make it. The game's worth it.

Last edited by Yoss83PL; 10-07-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Yoss83PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:28 PM   #5
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoss83PL View Post
Man, it will take you at least 3-4 months to fix all that mess in the game. I hope you'll make it. The game's worth it.
I don’t agree with this at all. The game is great and very playable as is.
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
Yoss83PL
Bat Boy

I'm not saying it's not playable. I mean the game needs some tweaks - some are serious, some are minor. I'm a perfectonist. I'd like to play a game that is very well organised. I remember playing a hockey manager before 2010. That is why i like it so much. I want to have a full product. Comparing to Football Manager, UHM needs to be corrected in so many ways. But I still like it.
Yoss83PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
I don’t agree with this at all. The game is great and very playable as is.
The last two Custom Leagues I have formed have crashed and are unplayable . Minor League doesn't have a schedule. Jeff wants me to send in the game but I am clueless when it comes to computers.

Don't want to play modern day NHL(too boring). Unless I can add expansion teams right off the bat then I would be interested in the modern game.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:05 PM   #8
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Ai Roster/lines managing

The last patch helped a lot. But two things are fundamentals : coaches and players attributes.
1) in historical game, if you edit personels for putting them in NHL level of their time area (and personality) it make a huge difference.
2) Sincerly, the actual historical databases are more than very good. But with some littles rationates twiks( for exeptionals players), it seems that FHM4 do an ashtonishing job now in regards of line selection.
Example : playing Montreal in 1974 as from the box, Bob Gainey play 1st line and 1st PPLine. After Personel adjustments (coaches) and slightly adjusted gainey(down physicaly), Shutt and Lambert (more Off), Gainey now play in any lines 5vs5, but not in PP.
I hope I'm clear.
Spartacus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:50 PM   #9
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm not saying it's not playable. I mean the game needs some tweaks - some are serious, some are minor. I'm a perfectonist. I'd like to play a game that is very well organised. I remember playing a hockey manager before 2010. That is why i like it so much. I want to have a full product. Comparing to Football Manager, UHM needs to be corrected in so many ways. But I still like it.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE FM, and would love this game to be like that one day (same as OOTP), but to ask for it to be at the level in year 4 that FM is after being around since 1992 (as Championship Manager) is comical.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:07 AM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
I love FM as well but they sell 1 million copies, there work 100+ people on the game and they have people working on single features all year long. Games like OOTP, FHM, FOF or the Wolverine games are made by 1-2 people, so it is really hard to compare those games.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #11
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I love FM as well but they sell 1 million copies, there work 100+ people on the game and they have people working on single features all year long. Games like OOTP, FHM, FOF or the Wolverine games are made by 1-2 people, so it is really hard to compare those games.

I agree of course. But questionable AI lines and roster management logic were weak points also in FHM3 so i hoped for some substantial improvements this year.
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #12
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry58 View Post
I agree of course. But questionable AI lines and roster management logic were weak points also in FHM3 so i hoped for some substantial improvements this year.
I have to agree on that with you. We try to improve both every year and we will continue to do so in the future (not only new versions but also updates). Jeff just sent me a few more tweaks to the lines AI for example. But there is still a lot of room for improvements and we will continue to look into it.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:36 AM   #13
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I have to agree on that with you. We try to improve both every year and we will continue to do so in the future (not only new versions but also updates). Jeff just sent me a few more tweaks to the lines AI for example. But there is still a lot of room for improvements and we will continue to look into it.
Please hurry up, i WANT to buy it
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote