Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #1
DONMVP
Bat Boy

Importing Historical player into a season

Sorry to ask guys, still trying to figure this game out. I`ve been trying to put ted williams into my fictional league. I thought i was doing it right i went to baseball reference to get his id. willite01,1941,BOS into my 1957 league. i follow the manuel , click import historical player, choose historical_database.odb , enter id of williams enter 1957 for season then real stats , remaining years , then hit import player . I get message import failed. I`ve used a few other player id`s and get same failure. Am i doing something wrong ,Ihope to add 180 players. 3 real players on the 60 teams in the league. Any suggestions be appreciated.
DONMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:03 AM   #2
DONMVP
Bat Boy

sort of figured it out, Took all day , no luck then saw a video , and saw what i was doing wrong. Only able to do one player at a time , but i`ll take what i can get , lol .Going to be busy importing 200 players ..
DONMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:21 AM   #3
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

you can import multiple players using a text file.

this is from a VERY old thread, but the method is stil the way OOTP works. hope it helps.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=241846
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #4
melvin9609
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONMVP View Post
sort of figured it out, Took all day , no luck then saw a video , and saw what i was doing wrong. Only able to do one player at a time , but i`ll take what i can get , lol .Going to be busy importing 200 players ..
I am having the exact same problem you were having. What was the key thing you were missing?
melvin9609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:24 AM   #5
vtrudell
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
you can import multiple players using a text file.

this is from a VERY old thread, but the method is stil the way OOTP works. hope it helps.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=241846
I tried to download that and I got a 404 Error so it is probably gone as of this date.
vtrudell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:38 PM   #6
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Importing from a file

Here it is with an example file and the four steps:

1. Go to the import player action in the upper right of the Free Agent screen and select the historical_database.odb file.

2. Choose any other options you like (for example I always tag the import to show me the real life stats of the year I'm importing - but all this is up to you, the rating options, the adjustment levels, etc.)

3. Clear the name and year as you are not using them, you are instead going to select "Click here to select file". You then have to navigate to where ever the .txt file is. I had mine in My Documents folder so that's where I had to navigate to. Doesn't matter where it is - just have to navigate to it. Note: it has to be a plain text .txt file in the format I attached. I saved this one in "Notepad". I didn't put a team after each name but I could have based on whatever abbreviation your fictional teams have for themselves. Absent a team, they just become free agents which is how I have it.

That example formatted Notepad txt file is at the bottom of this file for download. Add as many names as you like with or without a team to send the player to.

5. They should import...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: txt OOTP mass import example.txt (95 Bytes, 77 views)

Last edited by LansdowneSt; 08-23-2021 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo fix
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:09 AM   #7
vtrudell
Bat Boy

What about Managers and coaches?? How do any missing ones get imported?
vtrudell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 12:23 PM   #8
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

I've never figured out how to import historic managers either. I end up importing the player, changing their age, retiring them and then modifying their personality to their historic gamestyle.

I'd love for the developers to tackle this to make it as easy as importing players. Who wouldn't want to have Billy Martin take over the 2021 Yankees, Connie Mack try his hand at Oakland or Tony Larussa return to the White S-, um, forget it that last one....

Seriously though, I'd love for a separate database of actual historic managers, coaches in a database file that we could import from and their attributes be already done.
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote