Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #61
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Instead of being disappointed, try being positive
I'm positive that it's a worthless feature to me and I will not use it because it doesn't include player season-by-season records. Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
In my best imitation of KT, "I don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."
Please don't beat the dead graphics horse.
Killing Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #62
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Maybe other OOTP'ers would be buy them!
You know, even though I was joking, that might actually be a clever little promotional ploy. If a bunch of us started buying and selling these from/to each other on eBay (using fictional players, so we don't draw the ire of the MLBPA ), maybe people doing searches for baseball cards might stumble upon them and go, "What's this OOTP stuff all about?" and discover the game that way.

Who knows? This could even become the '10s answer to Pokemon!

Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #63
robc
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Time View Post
I'm positive that it's a worthless feature to me and I will not use it because it doesn't include player season-by-season records. Better?
How about this instead...

I may be interested in this feature if it had each season's stats on it. Until then I will pass on it. Thanks for getting this feature started because after a couple iterations I may give it another look.

Last edited by robc; 04-10-2010 at 09:40 PM.
robc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #64
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzamba View Post
Who knows? This could even become the '10s answer to Pokemon!

I don't know whether that would be epic, or possibly horrendous lol.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #65
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Actually, Andreas coded this feature. But because Andreas has all sorts of other stuff to do as well (FaceGen, HTML, building installers etc.), the first version of BB cards are rather basic. I still like it though, I am sure some people will print them and collect them, which certainly makes their league feel a bit more alive since they have something 'real' to play around with or just look at.

But no worries, if those who are 'disappointed' provide us with valuable feedback, then we will be able to improve the cards in a patch.

I have no idea how much I'll use them, but I know if I do - and likely will - that it will be interesting to mirror RL, in some sense: card sophistication evolves with time. More so, because I'm a solo player that takes time to play out my seasons. Actually, hard to remember that last one that finished! But, point is the early years will be be more primitive and by the time OOTP17 rolls around, I'll be able to look back, compare an old rookie card with his current All-Star's card and be able to appreciate growth in both the memorabilia and the player.

Last edited by endgame; 04-10-2010 at 10:49 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #66
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Besides going crazy watching the clock I played around a little tonight with what I would "like" to do for my MBL baseball cards. My guess is not in its current version, but if the powers to be are looking for ideas, this is one I'd like to see.
Attached Images

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #67
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Nice, HRBaker!

Here's the best i've been able to do.
Attached Images

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #68
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the card Dark Horse! I'm guessing that card looks like the 50s - very good for that time period, but early century cards were mostly from tobacco companies and actually were pretty basic. I figured I probably could load the frame in but wouldn't have the control to place things like the year and the "last name-team" format that was usually used at that time.

Maybe for my MBL early years I'll just do my award and series winners by hand - depends on how much work this league is overall

Thanks again for showing me a comparison.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #69
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm7607 View Post
I have cards from many different companies and a lot don't have the player history, only the current year. Some also only go back 3 years. But I only like the ones with the entire history including the minors.
The subtle sarcasm in the post you quoted floated by you. ; )

John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #70
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc View Post
How about this instead...

I may be interested in this feature if it had each season's stats on it. Until then I will pass on it. Thanks for getting this feature started because after a couple iterations I may give it another look.
I would be interested in this feature if it had each season's stats on it. Until that time it has no value to me and I will pass on it. Thanks for getting this feature started because after a couple iterations it may be worth another look.

Close enough?

Quote:
In my best imitation of KT, "I don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."
Old 04-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #71
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I would be interested in this feature if it had each season's stats on it. Until that time it has no value to me and I will pass on it. Thanks for getting this feature started because after a couple iterations it may be worth another look.

Close enough?
I'd give this one a 100%. I do have to take 10% off per re-write and it is late (another 5%). That puts you at a solid 75%. With your new knowledge, you are sure to start hitting the 90% mark consistently! Great job.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #72
robc
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Close enough?
I think you did a nice job.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #73
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc View Post
I think you did a nice job.

Sidenote: This is kidding. I do have a sense of humor, despite the rumors. My infraction expires the same day as the release. Do you think I want to start 11 with another one?!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:17 AM   #74
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Quote:
That read so much like me that it really did make me laugh out loud.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #75
robc
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
in my best imitation of kt, "i don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."

sidenote: This is kidding. I do have a sense of humor, despite the rumors. My infraction expires the same day as the release. Do you think i want to start 11 with another one?!
You have KT's seal of approval

Last edited by robc; 04-11-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #76
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
screenshot 1: default

screenshot 2: modified (credit: BMW)

note: at present, the baseball card does not keep track of all seasons (only current season and career total)
is the modified card a template we can create?

If so can you release that template?
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #77
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfield007 View Post
is the modified card a template we can create?

If so can you release that template?
The 1989 Upper Deck template is not officially part of the OOTP11 release.

But I'll put a link up for the mod later tonight.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #78
hfield007
All Star Starter

Thanks I wish someone would announce some mods in vain of other classic sets.as for position problems couldnt we create 7 diff card templates with the same template basically only with each one saying a diff position (C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, P) so positions would be possible?
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #79
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfield007 View Post
Thanks I wish someone would announce some mods in vain of other classic sets.as for position problems couldnt we create 7 diff card templates with the same template basically only with each one saying a diff position (C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, P) so positions would be possible?
Right now, it pulls from a default template and has no way to choose a different template based on the player's position. Although it's not a bad idea for a work-around if it were possible.

Toward the end of the beta, I compiled a list of enhancements, and position is at the very top of that list. So it will be coming.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #80
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to print them out so my Mom can throw them away. Just like old times...

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote