Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Announcing OOTP 21, Pre-Order Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 248
Thanks: 534
Thanked 295x in 110 posts
Team colors keep changing

I have the option "Lock team textures" checked for all teams in my fictional league (because the colors were still messing up beforehand), but every time I start the game up, each team's colors are randomly assigned. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I never had the same problem in OOTP 17.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
crawdad5000
Major Leagues
 
crawdad5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton, OH Reds country!
Posts: 382
Thanks: 586
Thanked 123x in 100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
I have the option "Lock team textures" checked for all teams in my fictional league (because the colors were still messing up beforehand), but every time I start the game up, each team's colors are randomly assigned. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I never had the same problem in OOTP 17.
Having the same problem but just with the first option for colors. I think it's "team primary color"?
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #3
Curve Ball Dave
All Star Starter
 
Curve Ball Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,811
Thanks: 46
Thanked 950x in 535 posts
I was having the same problem and I *think* I found the solution.

Unlock the team colors before you set them, then lock them once you set them. This worked for me. My speculation is when you change the colors while they are still locked the changes won't take hold.
__________________
"Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing"-Warren Spahn.
Curve Ball Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 AM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,339
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,554
Thanked 3,949x in 2,242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
I was having the same problem and I *think* I found the solution.

Unlock the team colors before you set them, then lock them once you set them. This worked for me. My speculation is when you change the colors while they are still locked the changes won't take hold.
Nope, no cigar, Curve Ball Dave. That does not work.

Bug!
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #5
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 248
Thanks: 534
Thanked 295x in 110 posts
Glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue...so I'll give this thread another bump!
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:56 AM   #6
Andreas Raht
Administrator
 
Andreas Raht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hollern/Stade/Germany
Posts: 8,847
Thanks: 859
Thanked 4,853x in 1,569 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
I have the option "Lock team textures" checked for all teams in my fictional league (because the colors were still messing up beforehand), but every time I start the game up, each team's colors are randomly assigned. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I never had the same problem in OOTP 17.
Works for me!
Please help me to find the problem:
Start OOTP and enable debug log in Game Settings->Troubleshooting. Then load the fictional league and go to the team color dialog, change the color, lock it, make a screenshot for me, save league and close OOTP.
Restart OOTP, go to the color dialog, make another screenshot for me with the changed colors. Go to Game Settings->Troubleshooting and click on "open debug file". Save it and send it to me with the screenshots.
Thanks!
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:15 PM   #7
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 248
Thanks: 534
Thanked 295x in 110 posts
Sent. Still not working, hopefully you find the issue.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:37 PM   #8
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,339
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,554
Thanked 3,949x in 2,242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
Sent. Still not working, hopefully you find the issue.
I confirm this. The issue was not resolved by 18.3.40. Please fix in the next patch.
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,339
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,554
Thanked 3,949x in 2,242 posts
Here's another report of this problem:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=276851
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:34 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,307
Thanks: 19,152
Thanked 9,051x in 4,521 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I confirm this. The issue was not resolved by 18.3.40. Please fix in the next patch.
I suspect we still need more info to track this down. Were you able to send yours to Andreas as he mentioned above?
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.


Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #11
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,339
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,554
Thanked 3,949x in 2,242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I suspect we still need more info to track this down. Were you able to send yours to Andreas as he mentioned above?
No, because he was talking to somebody else. But here's the deal, and maybe a clue:

If you use logos which contain the html team and text color codes in the file name, such as louisiana_state_tigers_808080_FFFFFF.png, and you have the database pointing correctly to your logos file (default or customized), and your team names match the logo file names with underscores for spaces, and you go to Game Settings>Players & FaceGen>Team Picture Functions and click Reset All Team Logos, and you restart the game, that does the trick. The team colors do not change after that.

It would appear that the error is in the Modify Team Colors, Logos and Uniforms looking for the team logo, finding it but seeing no html team and text color codes, then selecting new colors randomly without regard to whether the previous colors were locked or not. The above procedure solves my problem but this remains a bug as of patch 18.3.40.
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #12
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,339
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,554
Thanked 3,949x in 2,242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Works for me!
Please help me to find the problem:
Start OOTP and enable debug log in Game Settings->Troubleshooting. Then load the fictional league and go to the team color dialog, change the color, lock it, make a screenshot for me, save league and close OOTP.
Restart OOTP, go to the color dialog, make another screenshot for me with the changed colors. Go to Game Settings->Troubleshooting and click on "open debug file". Save it and send it to me with the screenshots.
Thanks!
I posted an appeal in the General Discussions forum for anybody still having this issue to follow your procedure. I linked to this post. As for myself, I went through the process of updating all my college league logos with the html team and text color codes in the file names, so I don't want to go back and replicate the issue at this time. Please read my post above, however, because you may be able to replicate it yourself. Use customized logos without the html codes and see for yourself.
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #13
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,339
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,554
Thanked 3,949x in 2,242 posts
Quote:
- Fixed bug where OOTP reset team colors after changing them
I believe this is the fix, in today's patch (18.4.45). If so, I am quite grateful. The system works! (Bug reporting, that is. )
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #14
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 248
Thanks: 534
Thanked 295x in 110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I believe this is the fix, in today's patch (18.4.45). If so, I am quite grateful. The system works! (Bug reporting, that is. )
I saw this in Markus's post, and I got excited. I appreciate the effort that the OOTP team is putting in.

However, I just tried it out on my computer and the bug is still there. It seems something may have been overlooked. I updated my game and changed my teams' colors, closed the game, reopened it, and the colors reset to random again.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
thorpegiovanni (04-15-2017)
Old 04-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #15
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve
 
thorpegiovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 528
Thanks: 221
Thanked 191x in 124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
I saw this in Markus's post, and I got excited. I appreciate the effort that the OOTP team is putting in.

However, I just tried it out on my computer and the bug is still there. It seems something may have been overlooked. I updated my game and changed my teams' colors, closed the game, reopened it, and the colors reset to random again.
I'm also still getting the problem.
__________________
thorpegiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #16
Andreas Raht
Administrator
 
Andreas Raht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hollern/Stade/Germany
Posts: 8,847
Thanks: 859
Thanked 4,853x in 1,569 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
I saw this in Markus's post, and I got excited. I appreciate the effort that the OOTP team is putting in.

However, I just tried it out on my computer and the bug is still there. It seems something may have been overlooked. I updated my game and changed my teams' colors, closed the game, reopened it, and the colors reset to random again.
If it's reproducable, it should be easy to find and fix. Please send me the saved game and the exact step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:54 PM   #17
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 248
Thanks: 534
Thanked 295x in 110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
If it's reproducable, it should be easy to find and fix. Please send me the saved game and the exact step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
Do you want me to send the entire league folder as a .zip file, or just the .lg file?
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:07 PM   #18
Andreas Raht
Administrator
 
Andreas Raht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hollern/Stade/Germany
Posts: 8,847
Thanks: 859
Thanked 4,853x in 1,569 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
Do you want me to send the entire league folder as a .zip file, or just the .lg file?
I'll need the .dat files from the saved game's .lg folder please (as a ZIP file). What is the name of one of the teams where this happens?
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:36 PM   #19
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 248
Thanks: 534
Thanked 295x in 110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
I'll need the .dat files from the saved game's .lg folder please (as a ZIP file). What is the name of one of the teams where this happens?
Sent. My team name is the "Spokane Knights" but every team in the league has the same problem. I explained more in the email...if you need anything else just let me know.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Andreas Raht (04-19-2017), crawdad5000 (04-19-2017), Déjà Bru (04-19-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 12:23 AM   #20
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve
 
thorpegiovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 528
Thanks: 221
Thanked 191x in 124 posts
Hope this is fixed in the next patch.
__________________
thorpegiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
crawdad5000 (04-22-2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments