Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #21
George_Bell
All Star Starter

It's gonna be a long season in Kansas City. For a team that won a good amount in the past, the talent doesn't look like i thought it would. It would be surprising to see KC compete for a playoff spot.

The rotation has some talent. Bret Saberhagen and Zach Greinke can pitch for anyone, but it falls off sharply after that. George Brett is the only "star" player on the Royals roster. The lineup won't be able to hit a leagues worth of all star pitchers. They should challenge for worst in the league.

Unfortunately, for KC, the Monarchs look too similar to the Royals. The infield and outfield look interchangeable and only David Cone is a player i feel can help the big squad.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:24 PM   #22
George_Bell
All Star Starter

This team has to be considered one of the favourites. The Dodgers have a history that surpasses most. They have a wonderful talent pool to choose from. I don't think anyone would be surprised to see the Dodgers play in the World Series.

Sandy Koufax might be the best pitcher of all-time. He anchors a strong staff. The bullpen looks fantastic. Eric Gagne is the closer. The hitters aren't as strong as the pitchers, but they are good enough. Mike Piazza, Roy Campanella, Jackie Robinson, Babe Herman, Zach Wheat. Great looking squad.

Brooklyn has Orel Hershiser and Don Drysdale! Wow. Those two can be very successful in the bigs. The outfield is also all-star worthy. Lefty O'Doul and Willie Keeler both have contact ratings well over 100. The depth is there to withstand injuries.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:13 PM   #23
George_Bell
All Star Starter

The Milwaukee Brewers project to be one of the weaker teams during the season. I still haven't decided if they will play in the AL or NL yet.

Paul Molitor and Robin Yount are both gonna need to put up MVP seasons to get Milwaukee into the playoffs. The pitching is weak, and the bullpen is weaker. Ben Sheets is the team ace. Is that a good thing!?

The Pilots will offer the Brewers little help over the season. Mark Loretta at SS is capable if Yount can't stay healthy. Prince Fielder could lead the big team in home runs if he gets enough games. Team is pretty thin though.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #24
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Minnesota has a impressive lineup that should win alot of games. I expect them to be a team noone wants to face.

Walter Johnson is a top 3 pitcher in the league, and maybe the best. He will pitch infront of a lineup that will get on base. Rod Carew, Joe Mauer, Ed Delahanty, Kirby Puckett. Harmon Killebrew will drive them all in. Really like this squad.

The Senators have a few players that i see making impacts in the majors. Mickey Vernon, Buddy Myer, and Buddy Lewis all look good. The pitching depth is weak. Twins will need some injury luck there.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #25
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Montreal has been around longer then Washington, so they will represent the franchise in the big leagues.

For a team that hasn't been around as long as the originals, they have alot of talent. Pedro Martinez is a true ace. The offense is dangerous. Bryce Harper, Vladimir Guerrero, and Larry Walker together! YIKES!

Washington has good depth. Alot of good, not great players here. Just about everyone could fill in short term and i think the big league club would be ok. This franchise has a shot to do pretty well.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #26
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Here they are. They have to be the favourites. It's time to see the legendary members of the New York Yankees.

So, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio in the outfield. The whole offense is nuts. They will score so many runs. It will be fun to watch. If there is a weakness, its the pitching. There are teams who have more talent, but its still good here.

Reggie Jackson, Rickey Henderson, Dave Winfield, Yogi Berra.. I could go on. Stacked. The Highlanders can compete in the big leagues.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #27
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
Here they are. They have to be the favourites. It's time to see the legendary members of the New York Yankees.
Good lord. I mean, I knew they would be great, but seeing them all together is insanity. Even in this league they're a lock for triple digit wins.

Good job so far, been following along. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out!
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:27 PM   #28
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
Good lord. I mean, I knew they would be great, but seeing them all together is insanity. Even in this league they're a lock for triple digit wins.

Good job so far, been following along. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out!
The minor league team is amazing. Roger Maris 1961 didn't cut it! I'm surprised Paul O'Neal made the squad! Injuries may not matter for NY. Next man up will be pretty good. Thanks for reading!
Old 06-30-2017, 04:35 PM   #29
George_Bell
All Star Starter

There are so many great teams and great players, it's starting to get hard to comment on how good a team looks, but the Athletics look fantastic. Another team that should be great

Rube Waddell, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue. That is a sick rotation. I think it's the most impressive i have seen. Great bullpen. Jimmie Foxx, Nap Lajoie, Reggie Jackson, Al Simmons. Just a incredible team. Top to bottom. I'm gonna enjoy following the A's!

The A's don't have the depth of the Yankees, but Philly will still provide Oakland with some good options. There is power and pitching available.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #30
George_Bell
All Star Starter

The New York Mets have been around for over half a century now, and have a nice pool to select their team. I think they could do some damage.

They might have the best rotation in baseball. Doc Gooden, Tom Seaver, Matt Harvey, and RA Dickey all imported like aces. David Cone and Pedro Martinez will begin in the bullpen. Offensively, they will struggle. Cleon Jones, whose a good player, just isn’t gonna scare anybody.

The Metropolitans have pitching depth. Not really a surprise considering how good the Mets rotation is. Al Leiter will be the first to get called up. The offensive depth isn’t great. A lot of guys who only really do one thing really well. Still, the Mets will have their share of pure hitters, or pure power.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #31
George_Bell
All Star Starter

A few different franchises being located in Philly for this. The Phillies run the town though. An original team who expect to compete for a title.

Mike Schmidt is the star, and I expect him to play like one. The lineup will give him lots of protection. Chuck Klein, Richie Ashburn, Lefty O’Doul, it’s a talented lineup. The pitching aint too shabby either. They aren’t the Mets, but Steve Carleton and Roy Halladay will be hard to beat.

I really like the offensive depth the Blue Jays will be able to provide. There are a lot of very good players who look capable of providing excellent replacement play in case of an injury. The pitchers….not so much.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #32
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Pittsburgh is a team I expect to be really good. They have some of the best players from the 70’s, and they look good in this world!

The “good” Pirates look really good. Honus Wagner, Roberto Clemente, Ralph Kiner, and Willie Stargell. Wow. To me, that meat of the order rivals the Yankees. We will see. The pitching will bring the team down. They will have trouble keeping up.

The Steeltown Pirates have Dave Parker and Paul Waner, legit stars, waiting for a callup. Crazy, as these guys look great.

Last edited by George_Bell; 07-01-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #33
George_Bell
All Star Starter

The Padres, in this world, well, this won’t be pretty!

Tony Gwynn is all world. Dave Winfield and Cito Gaston will hit. Other then that, I see a whole lot of struggling. Kevin Brown and Jake Peavy lead the pitching staff, that was surprisingly weak. I expected more San Diego!
Ozzie Smith is probably the best defensive player in the game, and he’s stuck in AAA, all because he has some of the worst hitting ratings in the game. San Diego went safe with Tony Fernandez. Im surprised Fred McGriff didn’t make the cut. He’s pretty good!
Old 07-01-2017, 11:27 AM   #34
George_Bell
All Star Starter

The Giants have a rich history, past and present, and should be a team no one wants to face

We start and end with Willie Mays. He’s elite of the elite. He’s surrounded by Mel Ott, and Barry Bonds. That will do. Bill Terry has a contact rating off the charts, and lets not forget a in his prime Rogers Hornsby. The rotation and bullpen are excellent. Christy Mathewsen leads the way. The will win a lot of games.

The Giants have depth at every position other then pitcher. Guys like Will Clark, Monte Irvin, and Kevin Mitchell are capable of stepping in with all-star credentials.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #35
George_Bell
All Star Starter

The only thing that really hurts the Seattle Mariners will be their depth!

The Mariners have done a good job of acquiring talent, without actually ever winning anything. Ken Griffey, Alex Rodriguez, Edgar Martinez are legit, middle of the order guys who belong in this league. Randy Johnson and Felix Hernandez are legit aces. How was this team never won?!

Here is the problem. No depth. I don't really see anyone who can be counted on from the Raniers. Sure, good players in their own times, but not in this reality.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:06 AM   #36
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Without looking, I expect the Cardinals to be a very good team.

Yep, they are pretty good. Stan Musial, and Rogers Hornsby are elite. Joe Torre is pretty damn good, as is a bunch of them. The Cards have a dangerous looking offense. I’d say a top 5 lineup in the league! Bob Gibson is the staff ace, and one of the best pitchers in baseball history. His ratings look amazing. The rest of the rotation looks reliable enough.

Dizzy Dean being with the Redbirds is a surprise. I would have guessed he’d be in the main event. Enos Slaughter, Orlando Cepeda and Dick Groat provide some nice depth options.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #37
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Don’t expect one of baseball’s youngest teams to have much success in this world.

They have David Price. They have a powerful Jose Canseco. They also have Evan Longoria, but realistically, that’s all they have. It wasn’t easy filling this team out. There just wasn’t a whole lot there…

The Devil Rays will play out a minor league schedule without much hope of winnings, just like there affiliate. In the grand scheme of baseball, this group is scratching the bottom of the barrel.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #38
George_Bell
All Star Starter

The Rangers should be a fun team to watch. They have some power, and some pitching!

Nolan Ryan, aged 44 is the staff ace, over Fergie Jenkins, who didn’t import as well as I thought. He’s still not bad. The offense will hit. They have some good all around hitters. Ivan Rodriguez is one of baseball’s best catchers, and I love Juan Gonzalez even though I don’t think he will start.

Bert Blyleven should be in the majors. Will Clark and Julio Franco also have the ability to be impact guys, but they must wait their turn.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #39
George_Bell
All Star Starter

My favourite team, the Toronto Blue Jays. Unfortunately, realistically, I shouldn’t get my hopes up.

The Blue Jays have a lot of pitching. Roger Clemens, Roy Halladay and Dave Stieb are excellent. Tom Candiotti, surprisingly, imported really well. The bullpen is also strong. They have talent at the plate. Carlos Delgado, Jose Bautista and Roberto Alomar lead a group that won’t embarrass themselves.

The Toronto Jays have more depth then I expected. Vernon Wells and Shawn Green can step in rather easily. Juan Guzman and Jimmy Key are two pitchers im surprised aren’t in the big leagues.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:42 PM   #40
pgd44
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
I will definitely make it available. Thanks for reading!
This looks AWESOME !!!

Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for sharing this.
pgd44 is offline   Reply With Quote