Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
kyle_a_cameron
Bat Boy

How can I sort prospects by prospect ranking on 'Initiate Trade' screen?

Hi, all,

Generally, when I view prospects on the 'Initiate Trade' screen, they are sorted by prospect ranking (a feature I really like). However, I sorted my prospects by position and now cannot figure out how to get back to the default.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
kyle_a_cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

What exact screen are you talking about? If it's the trade screen itself, does clicking on the POT header re-sort them?
Old 05-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
kyle_a_cameron
Bat Boy

I'm referring to the screen in which one initiates trades. Clicking on POT does re-sort the prospects, but by their potential (as evaluated by the selected scout) and not their prospect-ranking. Thanks for the response.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I just checked and it seems to work as expected.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #5
MrWideFrame
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not sure you can do what you're asking for.
MrWideFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_a_cameron View Post
I'm referring to the screen in which one initiates trades. Clicking on POT does re-sort the prospects, but by their potential (as evaluated by the selected scout) and not their prospect-ranking. Thanks for the response.
There is no prospect ranking on that segment of the trade screen. Can you post a screenshot to help us see?

EDIT

This is what I see.
Attached Images

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 05-26-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_a_cameron View Post
Hmmmm...I'm confused. That screen doesn't show a ranking or have the ability to sort it by ranking, to the best of my knowledge. Your player development screen from the Front Office page does automatically. Is this the kind of presentation you're recalling? You can right click on any of these players and initiate a Trade Away Player. Maybe that's what you're talking about?
Attached Images

Last edited by endgame; 05-26-2014 at 06:26 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #8
kyle_a_cameron
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
There is no prospect ranking on that segment of the trade screen. Can you post a screenshot to help us see?

EDIT

This is what I see.
I see the same thing you do, but my prospects are sorted by position. I was under the impression that the default sorting method (before I clicked the POS header) was by prospect ranking, though the prospect ranking itself was never actually visible. In other words, the prospects that would generally be most valued by other teams appeared at the top.

Hopefully that clears things up, but maybe I'm crazy given that no one else seems to have had a similar experience.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #9
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

I know the problem the OP is talking about, as I noticed it was different after one of the previous patches. On the initiate trade screen, it would list the prospects in a certain way (prospect ranking) rather than potential, position, etc. I hope this is put back into OOTP 15. Here's some pictures from OOTP 14 to show.

If you're wondering why Demeritte and Padilla are there it's because they are no longer a prospect. This season was their first in the MLB.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Tyler87898; 05-26-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #10
kyle_a_cameron
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
I know the problem the OP is talking about, as I noticed it was different after one of the previous patches. On the initiate trade screen, it would list the prospects in a certain way (prospect ranking) rather than potential, position, etc. I hope this is put back into OOTP 15. Here's some pictures from OOTP 14 to show.

If you're wondering why Demeritte and Padilla are there it's because they are no longer a prospect. This season was their first in the MLB.
Thank you, Tyler87898! That is precisely the issue to which I'm referring.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Well, interesting. I'm embarrassed to say I'd either forgotten that or never realized it.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #12
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I could be wrong but I think it may be coincidence. In other words it's possible that from time to time or even at certain dates in the calendar, that your prospect ranking matches the ranking when sorted on potential. Probably more often than not. In my case Stan Murdoch got a boost just as ST started so I suspect the top prospects list hasn't re-ordered the prospects to match the pot rating in the trade screen.

Just a thought FWIW
Attached Images

RichW

#stopthestupid

Old 05-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #13
kyle_a_cameron
Bat Boy

I guess it did change when I installed the new patch...hopefully the next update reverts the change. I thought it was a really useful feature.