Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Talking iOOTP Baseball 2014 now available - please review it if you like it!

Hey guys,

iOOTP Baseball 2014 is now available on the AppStore worldwide. Here is the direct link for the US store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ioot...l=de&ls=1&mt=8

We really hope you like the game, we invested a lot of work to make it the best iOOTP ever. If you share our opinion, I would like to encourage you to rate the game and maybe even write up a short review in the AppStore. A positive average user score is extremely important for apps from independent developers like us, so we would appreciate any help.

Thank you & enjoy the game!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
JoseB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So far...seems like a noticeable increase in processing speed, and the interface is much slicker and more modern. Love the color scheme and muted tones. Can't wait to dive into the details and I'll post a full review after spending more time with the game.
JoseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any chance we'll see an update eventually allowing us to revert to older manual saves? If I accidentally bunt instead of taking a pitch or lose when I totally shouldn't have, I would love the option to revert to an old manual save and try a game over again until I get it right.

An update either implementing two save files (one automatic whenever you exit, and a totally separate one where you manually save) or just allow us to turn off automatic saves so when I load a save file, I can go back to my last manual save. That would be ideal!

Please consider this finally! Thanks for the great work and awesome improvements this year. Definitely still the top baseball sim out there.
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I think with the editor now available it might be cool to start a game, edit something and then save the game as a basis for future games (or share them with others (which would still need a 3rd party tool I fear). So yes, I will consider this as something for the first real patch (most likely not the first bug-fix patch, which should be with Apple next week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtneedsaride View Post
Any chance we'll see an update eventually allowing us to revert to older manual saves? If I accidentally bunt instead of taking a pitch or lose when I totally shouldn't have, I would love the option to revert to an old manual save and try a game over again until I get it right.

An update either implementing two save files (one automatic whenever you exit, and a totally separate one where you manually save) or just allow us to turn off automatic saves so when I load a save file, I can go back to my last manual save. That would be ideal!

Please consider this finally! Thanks for the great work and awesome improvements this year. Definitely still the top baseball sim out there.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

iOOTP Baseball 2014 for 4G?

Correct me if I am wrong. Is it that iOOTP14 is supported only on 4G and will not work in 3G. I have an iPhone 4S that is 3G and wanted to make sure before I download it. Have been waiting for it to come out and have been playing iOOTP13 a lot.

Thanks for any advice.
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

You are perfectly set to run iOOTP 2014 on your iPhone 4S, as long as you have at least iOS4.3 installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2687 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong. Is it that iOOTP14 is supported only on 4G and will not work in 3G. I have an iPhone 4S that is 3G and wanted to make sure before I download it. Have been waiting for it to come out and have been playing iOOTP13 a lot.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #7
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Sebastian,

Haben Sie vielen Dank! (Trying to learn and use German!)
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2687 View Post
Sebastian,

Haben Sie vielen Dank! (Trying to learn and use German!)
Cool, that was correct!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #9
Leefoo
Major Leagues

I am using IPad 2 and the latest IOS. The game continually starts upside down.

Also......

Sebastian...i sent you an email about getting my seasons. Is there any way to continue games I was playing in 13?

Thx!

Lee
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #10
Leefoo
Major Leagues

So far, I like this very much. One quibble...is there any way to change the "Batting/Pitching vs LHPs/RhPS ratings?

For instance, Pedro Alvarez is rated to hit Lefties better than righties. As a lifelong Pirate fan, that is soooooooooooooo wrong....lol. LHPs are his kryptonite. His OPS vs them was below .600' if memory serves me correctly.

As for the pitchers, the liberal use of LOOGYs is what made me wonder if Pitchers can be altered accordingly.

But, the bottom line is....THANK YOU FOR THE EDITOR,!!!
Thx.

Lee

Last edited by Leefoo; 04-17-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #11
Leefoo
Major Leagues

I just offered a player a contract. After submitting the offer, I got a notice that I need to wait to see what his response is. At least, I think that is what was said, because it was hard to read. It was black print on a grey background.

Lee
Old 04-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #12
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Exclamation Logos

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to import logos?! I imported the Orioles logo, and tried again, but it didn't work...
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #13
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
I just offered a player a contract. After submitting the offer, I got a notice that I need to wait to see what his response is. At least, I think that is what was said, because it was hard to read. It was black print on a grey background.
I've noticed this too with free agents.
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #14
pb4201
Bat Boy

Any chance for iCloud support? I asked last year as well. This game would be perfect for it. To be able to start a game on my iphone & then finish it on my ipad would be a dream!!!
pb4201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #15
Leefoo
Major Leagues

One more thing I've noticed....it is taking quite a long time to load and read messages.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #16
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
One more thing I've noticed....it is taking quite a long time to load and read messages.
Thats a known issue and will (hopefully) be fixed with the first patch. As a workaround, delete older news and the screen should load normally.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #17
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Transferring seasons from iOOTP 13 to iOOTP 14.

In the instructions SP sent (and the one on here) it says:

5. Select your device and go to Apps (or go to my IPad and select Apps). Then i am to select iOOTP 14 inder Files or file sharing or something like that.

The ONLY 'Apps' I have is the App Store. I can find recemt purchases under my 'settings' button, but i can't "select" iOOTP other than to open it.

I had this problem with last year's version, also and just bit the bullet and paid $20 to get all of the seasons.

Can anyone help an old man interpret these instructions?

Thx
Old 04-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #18
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just wanted to chime in and say that I noticed how the forum now has the same visual art style as the game logo and menu. Looks slick.
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #19
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Overall, even though I have to turn my IPad around to play it, I am having LOTS and LOTS of fun with the new player editor. I am "What If'ing" my heart out!!

THANKS!!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:49 PM   #20
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

A little self promotion here, although this link was posted in the ootp 15 forum already. Here is my review of iootp 2014 at the bottom of this article: Out of the Park 15 Review - Beyond the Box Score

If I could add onto it, I would say that the ranking advancements feel whacky. Player has good season, drops like crazy, player barely plays, moves up a bunch, etc. Then there are prospects who spend a year in the minors idle, but their potential goes from 60 to 20. It is to the point where it feels as though the next year's rating feels like a random number and isn't associated with any relevant data. I almost gave up because of that today.

I definitely enjoy it overall, but I do feel like it would be an even better game if it had more consistency.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote