Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 06-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #1
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Fictional League Expansions

I was wondering if there are expansions in fictional leagues. What I mean by this is if over time more teams come into the league, this would be helpful! because I am planning on making a fictional league with 1871 settings, and I want to have 30 teams by the year 2000, so yeah.

Last edited by Dkelley; 06-23-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

No, league expansion isn't an iOOTP feature in any kind of file, not even historic. It's a shame, because if you start early like in 1901, you are stuck with 16 teams and 140 games a year (I think; correct me if I'm wrong here).
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
Walkoffman
Minors (Single A)

That's right, no league expansion. A "League Editor" would make a great sequel to Player Editor in iOOTP 15.

That said, there is something to be said for playing the same old 16-team structure into the modern era. I started my current Historical Replay game in 1960, the very last year of 8-team leagues and 154-game schedules, and it is now 1976. There's more talent to go around and best of all - no Mets!
Walkoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
BradC
All Star Starter

League expansion would be something fun to add to iOOTP, and as a matter of fact, I'm in Germany right now for our company meetings, so I just walked across the room and asked Sebastian about it.

He told me that he's been thinking about that, and he plans on talking to Markus about it this week, so we may have some news for you in a couple days. Stay tuned.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Any updates?
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
BradC
All Star Starter

Sorry, I forgot to follow up with Sebastian about that. I will shoot him an email.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #7
TFJO
Bat Boy

Brad, I started a 1903 game with the Giants and plan to take it as far as my patience goes; whilst I'm not interested in expansion, I am curious whether the league adjusts things like park factors, attendance, and whether player salries and budgets are determined by the year or simply by inflationary forces?
TFJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #8
BradC
All Star Starter

Good question. I'm not 100% sure, TFJO. I'll ask Markus and Sebastian, since the game uses the same sim engine as OOTP. Stay tuned. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #9
BradC
All Star Starter

I double-checked with Sebastian, and he told me that OOTP adjusts everything according to files (financials.txt and era_stats.txt) for every year, and that iOOTP does the same thing. So, those things are determined by year, not just by the game saying "let's apply X% inflationary force each year."

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFJO View Post
Brad, I started a 1903 game with the Giants and plan to take it as far as my patience goes; whilst I'm not interested in expansion, I am curious whether the league adjusts things like park factors, attendance, and whether player salries and budgets are determined by the year or simply by inflationary forces?
Old 07-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #10
TFJO
Bat Boy

Thanks Brad, that's good to know!
TFJO is offline   Reply With Quote