Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-04-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Historical Mode

Id like to use Historical Mode with the 00-01 islanders. Do the financials/salary demands increase as it gets to present time? Or will it remain as what the demands were back in 2000?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It'll increase to present-day levels. It's not a perfect match with history in the older seasons (if it was, there'd be issues with game finances in periods where there was a rapid increase in salaries, or a decrease), but we try to get it pretty close.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #3
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It'll increase to present-day levels. It's not a perfect match with history in the older seasons (if it was, there'd be issues with game finances in periods where there was a rapid increase in salaries, or a decrease), but we try to get it pretty close.
How do you scout the draft in historical? The list of players is not visible until draft day in July

Last edited by beezer2434; 03-06-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:50 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Players import at age 17, and the minimum draft age is never under 18. So they're always in the game (and scoutable) for at least a full year before you're able to draft them.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #5
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

This is how my draft page looks each day until day of draft. Just want to make sure that is correct before moving forward with thr save?

Also i dont see a league scouting page

Old 03-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
This is how my draft page looks each day until day of draft. Just want to make sure that is correct before moving forward with thr save?

Also i dont see a league scouting page

Two things,

(1) Did you set players to generate at Age 17? Otherwise they will just appear on teams.

(2) Scout Free Agency. They appear there.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:43 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, with generate at 17 on that screen should be populated (except in the first season, since the first draft technically doesn't happen until the second season, i.e. after the July 1 season changeover.)
Old 03-08-2018, 09:25 AM   #8
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Ok i created a new save to test with generate at 17 to test and that page is still blank all year until day of draft. I did notice thr draft takes place in July every year so im not sure that is why. I can only find prospects by searching for them when they are 17.

I cant see them in free agent list.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #9
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Ok i created a new save to test with generate at 17 to test and that page is still blank all year until day of draft. I did notice thr draft takes place in July every year so im not sure that is why. I can only find prospects by searching for them when they are 17.

I cant see them in free agent list.

The draft date seems to be my issue. Every draft takes place in July so i cant see prospects available fpr the draft until July 1st. Is there anyway to move the draft to June?

Old 03-09-2018, 02:01 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, it needs to be on the July side for historical, it'd cause some issues if it wasn';t, e.g. new expansion teams would need to wait a year to draft. But the players should be visible in the free agent list and scoutable by sending the scouts to look at free agents eligible for the next draft. If you look at the free agents screen and sort by age, what's the youngest age you see?
Old 03-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #11
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
No, it needs to be on the July side for historical, it'd cause some issues if it wasn';t, e.g. new expansion teams would need to wait a year to draft. But the players should be visible in the free agent list and scoutable by sending the scouts to look at free agents eligible for the next draft. If you look at the free agents screen and sort by age, what's the youngest age you see?
This is what the free agents screen looks like sorted by age. I believe Kovalchuk is 17 at this date but doesnt appear on this screen. I can search for him specifically to find him and i figured out how to scout draft eligible players, i just can't see who is available until July 1st

Old 03-13-2018, 12:25 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Oh, that's why you're not seeing them, the free agent centre defaults to only showing players you can actually sign as a free agent right now. Go to League - Front Office and then sort by age and you'll see them.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:13 AM   #13
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Oh, that's why you're not seeing them, the free agent centre defaults to only showing players you can actually sign as a free agent right now. Go to League - Front Office and then sort by age and you'll see them.
Got it! I knew i had to be doing something wrong, i can see them all in that page.

Thanks!!