Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - In-Game Text and PbP Commentary

Old 08-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #41
adion
All Star Starter

new Ivona lexicon file update

Here is another update to the file. I changed most, if not all, the duplicate batting average prefixes up to .600. Anything after .600 is kind of rare so they don't show up much plus I ran out of new adjectives to use.I may change some of those later. I can not, however, get to pronounce some names correctly no matter what I add as a pronunciation. Tim Salmon is a good example. No matter how I change it to in the lexicon settings it still says Samone. Joey can't seem to get past some French pronunciation! http://www.mediafire.com/?4zg184khez5xa
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #42
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Here is another update to the file. I changed most, if not all, the duplicate batting average prefixes up to .600. Anything after .600 is kind of rare so they don't show up much plus I ran out of new adjectives to use.I may change some of those later. I can not, however, get to pronounce some names correctly no matter what I add as a pronunciation. Tim Salmon is a good example. No matter how I change it to in the lexicon settings it still says Samone. Joey can't seem to get past some French pronunciation! http://www.mediafire.com/?4zg184khez5xa
Hi adion, good to see this thread still going! Just a quick suggestion - are you using this lexicon in conjunction with the tts_pronunciation.txt file that comes with the game? That might be the reason you can't get it to say some names. I believe the tts_pronunciation.txt file is considered by OOTP before any .lex file.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #43
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton_Upchurch View Post
Hi adion, good to see this thread still going! Just a quick suggestion - are you using this lexicon in conjunction with the tts_pronunciation.txt file that comes with the game? That might be the reason you can't get it to say some names. I believe the tts_pronunciation.txt file is considered by OOTP before any .lex file.
Thanks. I was not aware of that. I will check it out.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #44
adion
All Star Starter

Ivona pronunciation

Quote:
I renamed that .txt file so it wouldn't load and it made a big difference not only in some pronunciations but in overall performance of the Ivona voice. There are some names that it is now miss-pronounces, e.g. Visquel, Ogea Buhner, Blowers, etc. and I have been able to fix those. The ones that it was miss-pronouncing before seem to be working okay now so I removed the changes I made to those from the lexicon file. It doesn't like the word 'winds' as in the pitchers winds. It want to pronounce winds like the winds of a storm. I am trying to fix that. Once I have more stuff fixed I will upload the changed file. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by adion; 08-06-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #45
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I renamed that .txt file so it wouldn't load and it made a big difference not only in some pronunciations but in overall performance of the Ivona voice. There are some names that it is now miss-pronounces, e.g. Visquel, Ogea Buhner, Blowers, etc. and I have been able to fix those. The ones that it was miss-pronouncing before seem to be working okay now so I removed the changes I made to those from the lexicon file. It doesn't like the word 'winds' as in the pitchers winds. It want to pronounce winds like the winds of a storm. I am trying to fix that. Once I have more stuff fixed I will upload the changed file. Thanks for the tip.
As I recall 'wynds' should work for 'winds'
Old 08-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #46
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
As I recall 'wynds' should work for 'winds'
Actually, whynds works as does whynd. I already fixed it. I will up date the file after I play a few more historical Indian's game to correct some more name mispronunciations then upload an up date.

Can't wait until there is a good sports announcer voice with a modifiable lexicon method!

Thanks,
Alan
Old 08-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #47
adion
All Star Starter

Ivona lexicon update

Here is another update for the Ivona Lexicon. I have fixed some of the batting average prefixes and changed some of the duplicates up to .610. I have also fixed wind and winds and some more name pronunciations from the historical Indians seasons I am fooling around with. I highly recommend that you either disable by renaming or moving the tts_pronunciation.txt file since it causes Ivona to screw up some of the names. I don't plan on updating this file anymore unless there is a major change. I am sure that those of you using Ivona know how to use the Speech Properties to test and change pronunciations. If not, let me know and I will see if I can help.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4zg...Speech_and_PbP
Old 08-16-2017, 05:27 PM   #48
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Why not just make changes to the tts_pronunciation file?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #49
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Why not just make changes to the tts_pronunciation file?
I tried that. Ivona doesn't like the format of the pronunciation of words in there.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:04 PM   #50
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I didn't know that. I thought IVONA used the same SAPI5 phonetic system.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:49 PM   #51
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I didn't know that. I thought IVONA used the same SAPI5 phonetic system.
I don't know about that. What I do know is that when I copied any of the phonetic stuff for a name from the txt file to Ivona, it was all screwed up.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:08 AM   #52
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

So what's the answer to this? Where can I find a clue on how to work with the pronunciation file?
Old 09-19-2018, 07:48 AM   #53
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
So what's the answer to this? Where can I find a clue on how to work with the pronunciation file?
Which pronunciation file are you talking about, the Ivona lexicon or the tts_pronunciation.txt file in the OOTP misc. folder?
Old 09-21-2018, 07:43 AM   #54
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

The tts_pronunciation.txt file in the OOTP misc. folder.
Sorry, I was not clearer.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:50 AM   #55
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
The tts_pronunciation.txt file in the OOTP misc. folder.
Sorry, I was not clearer.
I can't help you with that. I have it disabled because it interferes with Ivona lexicon pronunciations. I have looked at the file but don't understand the format. Maybe someone else on here can help you.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #56
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
I can't help you with that. I have it disabled because it interferes with Ivona lexicon pronunciations. I have looked at the file but don't understand the format. Maybe someone else on here can help you.
Yes, I would think that information would be available somewhere!
Old 10-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #57
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes, I would think that information would be available somewhere!
I believe pstrickert created the tts_pronunciation.txt file.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:27 AM   #58
Benkaufmann
Bat Boy

You can use Text Speaker. This app turns your text into spoken words. you can easily listen to your documnents. You can even create an audio file, transfer it to your phone and listen to it anywhere. Very useful. i am using it and it works great.
Benkaufmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:17 AM   #59
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benkaufmann View Post
You can use Text Speaker. This app turns your text into spoken words. you can easily listen to your documnents. You can even create an audio file, transfer it to your phone and listen to it anywhere. Very useful. i am using it and it works great.
This appears to be a program that reads and speaks on screen documents. Have you actually tried to use it with OOTP to replace Windows Narrator?
Old 02-17-2019, 12:47 AM   #60
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah I'm out of ideas too. There's no reference to St. anywhere else in the tts_pro file, it's a mystery.
what if you change St. Louis to SAINT LOUIS and then changed the code for ST
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote