Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
revcarte
Major Leagues

Very Disappointed....Help please

I bought the new IOOTP today and so far am very disappointed. The Font, or text, is very blocky and unpleasant to read on my iPhone 4. Please...is there a way to change the font back to the text that was used last year????
Also...the Play by Play is way to slow....so when I select "fast" it is too fast for me to keep up. I guess i will have to adapt to the inferior pbp speed but I cannot adapt to the blocky text. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I did not change anything regarding the PbP speed so thats odd. Do other see this as well?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcarte View Post
The Font, or text, is very blocky and unpleasant to read on my iPhone 4.
I actually find the new font very readable on the iPad; a big improvement over the previous version, IMHO.

Maybe when the game gets full retina display support it will look better on the iPhone 4..?
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfnate View Post
I actually find the new font very readable on the iPad; a big improvement over the previous version, IMHO.

Maybe when the game gets full retina display support it will look better on the iPhone 4..?
Agreed on the ipad typeface very readable.
Husky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Agreed 3.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Looks great and PBP speed appears to be the same as last year to me. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #7
revcarte
Major Leagues

not for me

I have played last years version and this years version and the php speed is not at all the same. It is either painfully slow or too fast.
And nobody is addressing the blocky text on the iPhone....not the iPad. It is kind of hard to read on the iPhone. The game should be fun, not a labor.
And nobody has told us yet how to use the season files from last season. And...I guess you still cannot print with the game. At this point it is money wasted for me personally.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
omgimasian
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I have played last years version and this years version and the php speed is not at all the same. It is either painfully slow or too fast.
And nobody is addressing the blocky text on the iPhone....not the iPad. It is kind of hard to read on the iPhone. The game should be fun, not a labor.
And nobody has told us yet how to use the season files from last season. And...I guess you still cannot print with the game. At this point it is money wasted for me personally.
I'm on the iphone. Its little blockier than it was last year but it definitely is readable. the php speed seems the same to me too.
omgimasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #9
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

I absolutely love everything about the PbP, I too am on the iPhone. Try switching full detail to short. I personally had to tinker with it to find out my personal speed and preference. I don't have any problems with the fonts.
Wisnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #10
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

Quote:
They will be sharing how to use the season files from last year once the update to 2011 is approved, it is mentioned in other threads.
Wisnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #11
revcarte
Major Leagues

amazed

Thanks for the replies. However, I am utterly amazed that nobody else finds the fonts troubling or difficult to follow. I am not sure why they changed them since they were great last year. I would think that there would be an option to change the text font. I guess I am surprised and disappointed after looking forward so long for the new version. Right now it is just very difficult to play and enjoy. thanks.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
ALMonkey64
Bat Boy

Just as another point of view, I preferred last years font and layout whilst playing a game however it's not something that will make me stop playing but I liked last years in-game interface better.

If there was an option to change font etc. I would use it and revert back

Last edited by ALMonkey64; 04-06-2012 at 09:14 AM.
ALMonkey64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #13
ALMonkey64
Bat Boy

As a side note I like the new blue background / skin. Looks more appealing

Last edited by ALMonkey64; 04-06-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #14
aceyprime
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just chiming in that I also love the new theme and font. Great job!
aceyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #15
redsfan17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I play on both the iPad and iPhone 4. I think that both games are great and there are no problems with font and theme at all. I think to new UI is awesome!
redsfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #16
revcarte
Major Leagues

finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMonkey64 View Post
Just as another point of view, I preferred last years font and layout whilst playing a game however it's not something that will make me stop playing but I liked last years in-game interface better.

If there was an option to change font etc. I would use it and revert back
Finally someone who feels the way I do. I am not sure why they would change the text when it was perfect last year. Also....I have played both games side by side and the php speed is not the same as last year.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Finally someone who feels the way I do. I am not sure why they would change the text when it was perfect last year. Also....I have played both games side by side and the php speed is not the same as last year.
Do both versions run on the same device type and if yes, what device (like iPad 1 or 2 or 3)?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #18
revcarte
Major Leagues

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Do both versions run on the same device type and if yes, what device (like iPad 1 or 2 or 3)?
Yes...both versions are being played on Iphone 4. I have not had time to try the Ipad verson yet, but I play the Iphone version religously while on breaks at work etc.... and I cannot "get into" the new version mainly because of the blocky text which does not seem to fit the Iphone smaller screen. I am not trying to be critical of your product but I have been so disappointed so far that I am back to playing last years game.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
ALMonkey64
Bat Boy

I too am running the game on an iPhone 4 if that helps?
Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I will ask our graphics person Daniela about the font.