Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 02-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #21
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

As I wrote I can understand the frustration and we still look into options but I can't promise anything at this moment.

Worst case you can purchase iOOTP 2012 (which you need anyway) and buy seasons for it that you do not own so far. The ones you already own can still be used with the 2011 version.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #22
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Any updated word on this?

And btw, your solution in the last post is still not a solution--you're saying "well, if you want your seasons with the new features and improvements of iOOTP 2012, you're going to have to pay for them again." I don't think so.
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:07 AM   #23
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Coelo View Post
Any updated word on this?

And btw, your solution in the last post is still not a solution--you're saying "well, if you want your seasons with the new features and improvements of iOOTP 2012, you're going to have to pay for them again." I don't think so.
Blame apple then if you have such a problem. They explained that the past seasons are tied to the APP ID so they can only work for that APP.
It's more to do with Apple's tight control over everything and getting the extra money it takes when you are forced to buy a new product.
If you don't like how this works then do the world a favor and don't buy Apple products and maybe they will let us do what we want but i doubt it, it's Apple they can't do no wrong and the fanboys keep lining up.
Ask for andriod version maybe you can get what you want.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #24
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
As I wrote I can understand the frustration and we still look into options but I can't promise anything at this moment.

Worst case you can purchase iOOTP 2012 (which you need anyway) and buy seasons for it that you do not own so far. The ones you already own can still be used with the 2011 version.
i'm in for whatever you're selling. I have had an absolute blast with this since it came out (maybe my standards are lower). But, i have gotten my money's worth and then some with ioopt. Looking forward to 2012.
Husky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #25
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You will be able to move them over using a thrid party app like iPhone Explorer. I am not sure if we will find an easy solution, though.
So the devs are ensuring us that the file format for old seasons has not changed and we can import them into a fold with iPhone Explorer? If so, insta buy.
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #26
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Good news everyone:

You will be able to transfer the information which seasons you bought from 2011 to the 2012 edition, so you don't need to buy them again. Even better: you will not need any additional tools, just iTunes. If this is not enough, you even get the improved (original schedules) historical seasons in the 2012 edition without paying again.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #27
I23ryno
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That is fantastic!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!
I23ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #28
mva5580
Bat Boy

Yeah it probably works in a similar way to how things like Comic Book files work for comic book readers. When you're in iTunes there is a box that shows the "documents" you have associated with that particular application and you're able to import new things, delete what's on there, etc. I would guess that the season files will show up under OOTP11 and you'll just be able to "move" them over to OOTP12.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:22 AM   #29
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yeah it probably works in a similar way to how things like Comic Book files work for comic book readers. When you're in iTunes there is a box that shows the "documents" you have associated with that particular application and you're able to import new things, delete what's on there, etc. I would guess that the season files will show up under OOTP11 and you'll just be able to "move" them over to OOTP12.
Pretty much how it will work. It is just one file you have to move and we will post a "detailed" guide.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #30
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Thanks--that's all we could expect, or ask.
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:14 AM   #31
Guthrien
Minors (Single A)

This is really great treatment. I think it's how it should be, but I don't think enough developers take the extra step to insure it. I'll be buying any seasons I don't have.
Guthrien is offline   Reply With Quote