Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Can we please get an answer to this question one way or the other? (iOOTP 2012)

I'm a happy owner of iOOTP 2011. Bought about 15 or so seasons.

When iOOTP 2012 comes out, will I be able to restore the seasons I already purchased for 2011, or am I going to have to repurchase each individual season?
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Bump...can we get some love here (and an answer to my question) please?
Old 01-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
dangorgone
Bat Boy

My guess - and this is only a guess - is that at some point in the next month or so - before Opening Day, hopefully? - they will update the game and it will include the 2012 rosters. So, new purchasers would get the game with the 2012 teams, players and ratings.

For existing app owners, I would also guess they'll make the 2012 rosters available as a separate purchase for 99 cents.

Just a guess, but seems logical given how most sports games are released each season.

In the end, I just hope they continue to update this version of the game and don't kill it off each year in favor of a "new" one.
dangorgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

I'm not talking about the 2012 rosters. I'm talking about all the seasons I purchased through the iOOTP 2011 app. I want to know if we're going to have to repurchase them with iOOTP 2012. It's a simple question, and the silence from OOTPDev is deafening.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

BUMP for an answer pleeeease .
Old 01-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Bump
Old 01-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
JayWigley
Minors (Double A)

You know, normally I don't get worried about such issues because the OOTP team has been so customer-friendly over the years that I can't imagine having to purchase stuff a second time. . .but with Apple's sandboxing restrictions getting tighter. . .and the silence from the support team. . .yes, I think we have reason to worry.
JayWigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

I have no problem with purchasing the new application--don't get me wrong. I wouldn't care if they doubled the price--iOOTP 2011 was a great value, and iOOTP 2012 is an automatic purchase for me...IF I'm not going to get dinged again for the seasons I've purchased. If I am, sorry, no sale. And it would be nice to have some word one way or the other.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
JayWigley
Minors (Double A)

Yes, I totally agree. I happily pay $15 for the MLB app every year because I know I'm going to listen to enough games to get plenty value out of it. And likewise, I'd pay more than $5 for iOOTP year after year. . .but I don't really want to buy all my past seasons all over again. The only way it might be acceptable was if they added new ratings or data to the seasons to make them even better--transaction data or other tweaks to add to the replay experience. Or the ability to edit the past season ratings or something. . .
Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

No way I would buy new seasons again, and I would be truly disappointed if we were not able to keep our previous purchased seasons.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #11
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

BUMP how about some love and an answer for this...
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Bump
Old 02-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

BUMP...the silence on this is NOT a good indicator. I love the game, but I'm not repurchasing 15 seasons for the 2012 version.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #14
TC Dale
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Coelo View Post
BUMP...the silence on this is NOT a good indicator. I love the game, but I'm not repurchasing 15 seasons for the 2012 version.

I sent a reminder to Sebastian about your forum thread so he can check in and answer any questions that have been raised.

If I hear something or Sebastian wants me to run interference and post for him, you guys will know as soon as I do.

Usually though, he addresses things as he can. Both iOOTP and OOTP games are making turns to the deadline ahead of them, and sometimes things get shuffled or delayed in answering.

If we dont hear anything by Wednesday, I will try again to get your questions answered!
TC Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #15
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

I appreciate that TC. I know the team is busy...but this question has been asked more than once over a period of time. Seems that SOMEONE could have dropped by with some info in all that time...but what's past is past. I'll look for further word tomorrow or Wednesday then.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #16
TC Dale
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Coelo View Post
I appreciate that TC. I know the team is busy...but this question has been asked more than once over a period of time. Seems that SOMEONE could have dropped by with some info in all that time...but what's past is past. I'll look for further word tomorrow or Wednesday then.
Haven't heard anything today, but, I will do another bit of mail to him and see if I can't get some answer by tonight/early tomorrow.
TC Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Sorry for the late answer on this topic but I was ill for most of January and now hammer away on the 2012 version. Yes, I should learn to combine communication and working better.

iOOTP 2012 will be a new App, I think that is not a surprise as it is the normal way games like our handle it.

For the seasons: it will not be possible to use the seasons with the new App because they are tied to the App ID, nothing we can do about it. From a gamer standpoint I don't think it is fair so the last word is not spoken and we are still looking into it. Please always keep in mind that you can continue to use iOOTP 2011 with the seasons you purchased, so you are not obligated to buy them again. But as I said, we still look into possible solutions to the problem!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Sorry for the late answer on this topic but I was ill for most of January and now hammer away on the 2012 version. Yes, I should learn to combine communication and working better.

iOOTP 2012 will be a new App, I think that is not a surprise as it is the normal way games like our handle it.

For the seasons: it will not be possible to use the seasons with the new App because they are tied to the App ID, nothing we can do about it. From a gamer standpoint I don't think it is fair so the last word is not spoken and we are still looking into it. Please always keep in mind that you can continue to use iOOTP 2011 with the seasons you purchased, so you are not obligated to buy them again. But as I said, we still look into possible solutions to the problem!
You will be able to move them over using a thrid party app like iPhone Explorer. I am not sure if we will find an easy solution, though.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #19
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

If I can't move them over, no sale, sorry. And I know a lot of people are going to feel the same way.

And iPhone Explorer doesn't help if your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad isn't jailbroken.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #20
JayWigley
Minors (Double A)

Actually, there are tools (like iPhone explorer, and one I use called DiskAid) that will move files and so forth without requiring a jailbroken phone. Those tools can do more if you jailbreak, but they are very capable without it.