Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 06-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #21
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Agree palli. The game is great and we all hope you are feeling better. Thanks for the update status and also continually helping us all out on this board.
@phillupi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #22
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
After that, we start work on the Universal App and 1.2.0 update.
Best news I have heard
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #23
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thanks, I feel better and will go back to work tomorrow to put the finishing touch on version 1.1.0.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #24
Nighthawk42
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
@ thewillow: no, a "shop player" feature is not added at the moment. It is a nightmare to implement it with the small screen size. I will continue to look into it. But I added a Trade Block.
Sorry, but in what way would UI / screen size affect whether or not this could be implemented?

You pick a player, say "Shop Player", and the AI goes through each team and decides if they wish to propose a deal, and if so, the details. Each trade proposal from each team should be handled just like trade proposals are now, as an e-mail in my inbox.

You could even make it so that it takes 3 days or 1 week for all the teams to respond.

Last edited by Nighthawk42; 06-05-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Edited to clarify meaning
Nighthawk42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #25
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

The silence from palli is deafening...
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #26
Donevyn
Major Leagues

I'm glad you are feeling better Palli. I was getting a bit worried you had got the e.colli bug that evidently at first was zeroed in from Hamburg. Just glad it was not the case.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #27
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The 1.1.0 update is in beta test and will hopefully be send to Apple next week.

@ thewillow: no, a "shop player" feature is not added at the moment. It is a nightmare to implement it with the small screen size. I will continue to look into it. But I added a Trade Block.
You know the screen can scroll right?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #28
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
I'm glad you are feeling better Palli. I was getting a bit worried you had got the e.colli bug that evidently at first was zeroed in from Hamburg. Just glad it was not the case.
A nasty bug and for a short moment I thought I got it but luckily I got Ok without any complications. But my ex-girlfriend got it and had to go to the intensive care unit (in such a situation you put away all differences and just try to help feel someone better). Believe me, you don't wish anyone to have it. She is back home but still fights follow-up complications. Pretty scary and once again showed me that some stuff is so much more important in life.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #29
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

update???
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #30
hluraven
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Coelo View Post
update???
Are you joking? It's in the other thread you started on the same thing, the one you demanded information in and haven't thanked for yet.

If you haven't seen the thread you started, it's here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ound-here.html or a few below this one.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #31
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Quote:
A nasty bug and for a short moment I thought I got it but luckily I got Ok without any complications. But my ex-girlfriend got it and had to go to the intensive care unit (in such a situation you put away all differences and just try to help feel someone better). Believe me, you don't wish anyone to have it. She is back home but still fights follow-up complications. Pretty scary and once again showed me that some stuff is so much more important in life.
Sure glad she is doing somewhat better. And that you avoided it altogether. It is VERY nasty and does, and all things of this sort, gives one a better perspective on life. Take care.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #32
eznark
Bat Boy

Are there any tweaks to the nuts and bolts? As it stands, this game is unplayably unrealistic with the Brewers. I've now started 11 seasons. In the first six I failed to make it a month without losing two starters to month+ injuries (not to mention the absurd walk rates from Greinke and the dozens of wild pitches with runners on base from all the staff). So I turned injuries off and while obviously I have no injuries, the terribly unrealistic statistical outcomes make the game totally unplayable.

Unfortunately, this has also soured me on OOTP 12, since you guys touted using the same modeling, I assume the Brewers are destined to be cellar dwellars since the 1.5/1 K/BB rate destroys the team. (For reference, Greinke currently has almost an 8/1 rate; 70 strike outs to 9 walks).

I've given this game more than a fair shake and every season has been an abject failure. So...was any of the underlying modeling stuff tweaked?
eznark is offline   Reply With Quote