Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 11-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Pinq: Ruwisc: From Eugene Church

Here are the screenshots of my IPA setup.
The League Standings page is shown first... followed by the League Configuration page.

Need All-Star break.

The two subleague title winners, the Ruthlandian Union and the Tycobbian Union, play each other for the overall IPA title.

There are 4 divisions with 8 teams each in the RU and 4 divisions in the TU with 8 teams each.

I would like for the regular season schedule just to play teams in its division... the 8 teams would only play teams in their division... no interdivisional play.

154-game schedule.

Regular season begins in April... normally ends around September 20... followed by playoffs... 8 division winners qualify for the postseason... no wild cards.

Let me know if this is not clear.

Sorry, I just never pay much attention to the game nomenclature, but I will learn it from this experience.... knowledge is power.
Would this league setup be 1 league, 2 subleagues, 4 divisions, 8 teams in each?

Thank for your wonderful help on the IPA schedule and also for the North Island and South Island League schedules.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-19-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:27 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

League Configuration page
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

League Configuration page.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-20-2019, 02:30 AM   #4
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Alright, that was enough to clear up my questions, so thank you. I've got a schedule here for ya.
----------
Schedule for 64 teams, 154 games
Two subleagues, each with 4 divisions of 8 teams
----------
22 games against each of 7 division opponents (10H/12A x3, 12H/10A x3, 11H/11A x1)
----------
Season begins on the first Friday of April, and ends on a Sunday between Sept. 25-Oct. 1 (shorter than current MLB schedule by one week)
All-Star Game scheduled for a Tuesday in mid-July, basically where you'd expect it
----------
Weekday games are played at 7:05 PM local, weekend games at 1:05 local
Homestands and roadtrips mostly max out at 10 games, but there is one team in each division that has an early 13-game road trip
----------
Hope I've got everything here that you were looking for - I loaded it up in a test league and everything seems like it's working, but let me know if you have issues.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
Alright, that was enough to clear up my questions, so thank you. I've got a schedule here for ya.
----------
Schedule for 64 teams, 154 games
Two subleagues, each with 4 divisions of 8 teams
----------
22 games against each of 7 division opponents (10H/12A x3, 12H/10A x3, 11H/11A x1)
----------
Season begins on the first Friday of April, and ends on a Sunday between Sept. 25-Oct. 1 (shorter than current MLB schedule by one week)
All-Star Game scheduled for a Tuesday in mid-July, basically where you'd expect it
----------
Weekday games are played at 7:05 PM local, weekend games at 1:05 local
Homestands and roadtrips mostly max out at 10 games, but there is one team in each division that has an early 13-game road trip
----------
Hope I've got everything here that you were looking for - I loaded it up in a test league and everything seems like it's working, but let me know if you have issues.
Thank you so much... this is a dream come true... just to have division teams to play only each other... never could have done it myself... I have wanted this for 15 years... it was an impossible dream for me... and Ruwisc made it come true.

Sorry to be so gushy... but this is really something... some of us OOTPB enthusiasts get too involved in a silly fictional world.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-20-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:48 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Ruwisc:

Great News!
Tech-challenged EC managed to download, import and even install your fine schedule... as the great sportscaster Mel Allen would say: "HOW ABOUT THAT!"

All is well with the schedule.
A few kinks in the home-away games... some teams were 12-10... instead of 11-11... I could edit the schedule, but it's not worth the time.
Absolutely no problem... will gladly live with it.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-22-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #7
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Ruwisc:

Great News!
Tech-challenged EC managed to download, import and even install your fine schedule... as the great sportscaster Mel Allen would say: "HOW ABOUT THAT!"

All is well with the schedule.
A few kinks in the home-away games... some teams were 12-10... instead of 11-11... I could edit the schedule, but it's not worth the time.
Absolutely no problem... will gladly live with it.

Thanks again.

That was by design - most matchups are 12-10 rather than 11-11 because 11 games is an awkward number & creates either a lot of 2-game series (which are weird to work with) or way too many 4-game series to handle. Having 12-10 means we can set four 3-game series at one park, and two 3-gamers and a 4-game series at the other, much more natural.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:15 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
That was by design - most matchups are 12-10 rather than 11-11 because 11 games is an awkward number & creates either a lot of 2-game series (which are weird to work with) or way too many 4-game series to handle. Having 12-10 means we can set four 3-game series at one park, and two 3-gamers and a 4-game series at the other, much more natural.
Fine... no problem... understand your reasoning... you did a great job.