Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #1
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Why are these gone?

Although I got the game during the sale, today was my first chance to download it, and I got a disappointing shock. I can't drag and drop players into the lines, I can't switch goalies in the pre-game screen, and I can't import photo files to replace those in the game. Is using "replace with" the only way to move a guy to a different spot? How do I get the back-up to get a start? I like to make pictures with head shots of the players' faces (see attached) for use in the game. I have to say, that's the biggest bummer of all. Think it's gonna put the game on the shelf for me. No Joe Friday as the GM?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 11-10-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Stanley, Drag and Drop has been an issue with the Fastspring version since launch. We're still working on a fix, but you can see the updates in the notes for each update.

You can still switch your goalies by clicking on the names and positions.

And I believe if your images are in correct folder, they will still show up. You just need to have Facegen on, but it won't overwrite it.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the quick reply, but...

I tried putting a Kappo Kaako picture into the graphics folder, with the correct naming convention, replacing the face gen that was there, but no luck. I just checked, and it seems that the player pics folder (for the saved game) doesn't contain it at all now. Does the game generate the pictures on an as needed basis? In the personnel pics, however, it worked, so at least Joe Friday is back.

It's really unfortunate that the "import picture" option is gone.It was very handy for getting pictures into the game. I do appreciate your quick reply and dedication to the game and its players. I also miss Jeff's handsome face on the streams. Just wish my schedule allowed me to join them live.

Guess I'll play with the pictures a bit more before I give up on it. I'm assuming the "import picture" is gone for good.
Attached Images
Old 11-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Try turning facegen off from the start screen (Settings - Facegen - Enable Facegen), that may be overriding your custom picture.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:21 AM   #5
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Again, thanks for the quick reply

Just another example why you guys are the best. I followed your advice and it worked. To make it clear for others who may want to try this, I had to use this specific procedure:

1. Go to the settings and disable face gen.
2. Restart the game to apply the new setting.
3. Shut the game down and copy your new pics into the saved game folder, being sure to follow the naming conventions. Voila, new pics are in the game! See attached.

A word of caution - replace your pictures with game off. When I restarted the game after just re-applying the new settings, it eliminated the added pictures, but when I turned the game off, with "disable face gen" applied, and then added the new pictures, they stuck.

I have to admit, though, I do miss the "import picture" option. I don't recall having to worry about naming conventions when using that, and I believe it worked on the fly.

Still, this is great. Thanks, Adam and Jeff! Time to make more pictures (and a little bigger). Update: You can replace them with the game on, once the initial restart has taken place.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 11-11-2019 at 07:57 AM.