Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2022, 04:01 PM   #2661
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDan421 View Post
I have a question, I hope someone knows the answer. ok, so when I create facegens and then put it in the facegen folder and add it to the specific player, how do I get that to carry over into a new save if I end up making one?
The facegen folder is applicable to any game you have going on in that edition of the game (OOTP 23). So if I made Brian Cole and that fg is in the folder here:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 23\fg_files

He will be used for that game AND any other in OOTP 23 game where he appears.

Last edited by LansdowneSt; 05-03-2022 at 04:25 PM.
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 04:44 PM   #2662
clarkemi1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
Hooks Cotter played 99 games with the Chicago Cubs between 1922 and 1924. He made the most starts for the club at first in '24, batting .261/.338/.377 with 39 runs scored. He attracted attention when he hit .396 for the Springfield Midgets of the Western Association in 1922. After his time in the majors, he played in the American Association from 1925 to 1930 and for the Dallas Steers of the Texas League in 1931. -bRef Bullpen wiki

The Evening Gazette of September 06, 1924 noted that "Cotter of the Chicago Cubs equaled a world's record recently when he accepted 22 chances without an error covering the initial sack for the Cubs. Cotter is rated as one of the most dependable players on the team."

I abandoned using the smiling picture of him and utilized the tuned face instead.

Thanks again LansdowneSt
clarkemi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:59 PM   #2663
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Thanks for Cole!

I see you haven't lost your touch!

And, as I mentioned Acuña the original, I might as well give you a pic:
Name:  Ron Acuña, Sr..jpeg
Views: 628
Size:  64.8 KB
At least this is one guy you don't have to worry about smiling too much.
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:56 PM   #2664
Tommarine
Minors (Single A)

Yassssssssssss!!! Every time you release a new pack it feels like Christmas morning! Thank you so much LansdowneSt!
Tommarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:04 PM   #2665
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Hey sorry all. I know I said I'd have stuff ready for 23's launch but I had something unexpected and big happen in my personal life, and frankly was just not in a position to work on this or anything else. Everything is fine, but I needed time to process and work through things.

I'm going to be out of town for the weekend, but I've been doing a little facegen work in my free time the last couple days (mostly on modern players). As such, there's no *major* update to speak of. When I get back, I'll work through incorporating what everyone else has been doing into the main pack and push an update. In the meantime, the new work I've done is available on the google drive, as per usual. I've also gotten the pack pushed out on Steam.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/4/f...7eGJrdeLAO_lY7

Lansdowne also has several hundred facegens pre-zipped, which I'm adding to the Steam release right now. They'll be incorporated into a pre-zipped version of the pack when I get back from my trip, but for easy access right now they can be found here:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...&postcount=613

Last edited by FancySkunk; 05-05-2022 at 12:06 AM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:38 AM   #2666
Sabermetric Sociologist
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you all for your hard work. This is a tremendous addition to historical sims.
Sabermetric Sociologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #2667
percolaten
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the great work. Unfortunately, with 23, for Mac OS users like me, facegens aren't a dynamic part of the game anymore. What a bummer it is. Hopefully OOTP fixes this soon.
percolaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:37 PM   #2668
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Huh? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by percolaten View Post
Thanks for the great work. Unfortunately, with 23, for Mac OS users like me, facegens aren't a dynamic part of the game anymore. What a bummer it is. Hopefully OOTP fixes this soon.
Well, I was going to pass on 23 anyhow, but that would be just another reason for it. Sorry for your troubles, percolaten.
Old 05-10-2022, 06:20 PM   #2669
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by percolaten View Post
Yeah it's a very unfortunate situation for the Mac userbase. If there was anything I could be doing to work on a solution, I'd be offering my insights to the dev team. Unfortunately, whatever is going on is *way* above my paygrade.

As for positive stuff, I'm back from my trip and will be resuming work on things tonight. I wound up doing some facegens right before I left because I had a stretch of extra free time but I didn't get them uploaded before I left. These three with previews and a few more are available on the individual file update drive. The full pack re-zip will happen either tonight or tomorrow.

Stan Musial

Rogers Hornsby

Enos Slaughter
Attached Files
File Type: fg musial001sta.fg (26.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: fg hornsb001rog.fg (23.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: fg slaugh001eno.fg (76.8 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by FancySkunk; 05-10-2022 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:16 PM   #2670
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

And it's update time! Steam version is made current, and everything I've received from LansdowneSt as well as my own work to this point have been re-zipped for distribution.

I'm going to leave the individual facegens folder I've used to this point accessible, but any work from here forward is going into a separate, new drive folder now linked in the first post of the thread (as you might guess, it is currently empty).

------------------Download Links------------------

Everything we have - This is the full pack download. If you're just starting use of the pack, or would like a fresh install, this is your starting point
  1. Full Pack Zip (Last updated May 13, 2022)

Piecemeal Additions - These are facegens created after the pack was last compiled into the zip folder posted above. They will eventually be added to the rest of the pack and re-zipped and released as a larger all-in-one style update. Downloading from these folders is only needed if you want to keep extremely on top of updates.
  1. Jan 1, 2022 - May 13, 2022 (Incorporated into full pack download)
  2. May 13, 2022 - Present

Last edited by FancySkunk; 05-13-2022 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:11 PM   #2671
low
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 02:25 PM   #2672
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Ronald Acuña, Sr.

Ronald Acuña, Sr. still remembers clearly his response when his oldest son told him at age 14 that he wanted to become a professional ballplayer.

“Don’t make the same mistakes I did,” Ronald Sr. told Junior. Practice, he said. Lift weights. And above all, always hustle. “Show people who you are. Run every time you hit the ball, because running hard will take you far,” Ronald Sr. said. Dad’s words clearly reverberated in his son’s soul. Because this morning, 20-year-old Ronald Jr. — the Arizona Fall League MVP and consensus No. 1 prospect in all of baseball — achieved his lifelong dream: he got the call to join the Atlanta Braves in the big leagues. Like father, like son, definitely not. “I had talent. I knew how to play baseball,” Ronald Sr. said. “But I never cared about lifting weights. Nor did I have the best attitude on the field. Those two mistakes cut short my career. Otherwise, I would have made it.”

One down, three to go. Believe it or not, Ronald Sr. has more sons set on making it to the big leagues — Luis (16), José (12) and Kenny (6). Expect Luis to go pro on July 2, the first day of the next signing period for international free agents. “Few fathers can say that they fulfilled their dreams through a son,” Ronald Sr. said. “But now, Ronald Jr. might open the door for the rest of them. They all got the bloodlines.” - lavidabaseball.com, 25 April 2018

Amazin', that was a tough picture to work with I looked at others. Here's a baby-faced one of him and him as a father. In the end I did what I could with the mouth and smoothed it out for file size and to hide some of the mouth imperfections. Think of the remaining smirk as "attitude". I can't narrow the jaw/chin area any more as he is listed at 6'0" and 215 lbs so if I narrow it, the game will add weight on its own and that's worse.

Made the fg as requested and thanks for being patient... Hope your in game Mets are doing well!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg acuna-001ron.fg (324.5 KB, 36 views)
Old 05-14-2022, 07:51 PM   #2673
Scipio Africanus
Major Leagues

Thanks FancySkunk. The updated packs are a great help.
Scipio Africanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 03:39 PM   #2674
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quick little update. Working through random players as I find them in my Perfect Team travels and notice that they need work. Theme here is "Something Old, Something New." These two and more are up in the Google Drive. I have a list written down that I'm slowly working through, and as always if something needs attention, let me know.

Burt Shotton (1909-1923):

Curtis Mead (Rays Prospect):
Old 05-17-2022, 01:21 PM   #2675
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for Acuña, Lansdowne!

I knew the mouth would be difficult, but I knew you'd be up to it.

Spring is in the air…and various AIs are making strange decisions about their pitching staffs. Literally a Strange decision in the Mets' case…the AI wants to put Pat Strange in the rotation. He is their #1 pick, but he's 18. Seems premature.

Down the turnpike, the Phils AI thinks Cary Hiles can be part of their bullpen solution. It makes more sense he'd be fast-tracked, as he put in four full years at U of Memphis (it was so much easier to call them "Memphis St."), but he only has a single year of pro experience, and that's in the NY-Penn League.

(IRL Hiles did just fine moving up the chain, until the Phils decided they didn't like his K/9 rate at Scranton. Twice. And there's only so many trips down to Reading a man can make.)

Name:  Cary Hiles.jpeg
Views: 314
Size:  32.0 KBName:  Cary Hiles, Batavia.jpeg
Views: 317
Size:  61.9 KB

(Do you know how to import v.18 games into the v.19 demo? I still miss that Rangers game. Although I could just start over, I guess.)
Old 05-17-2022, 02:23 PM   #2676
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Hi Amazin', you are quite welcome. I'll try to get Cary done after work today.

As for the Rangers save, I think you just need to walk it up using the demo version found here:

https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp-prior-version/

So, if you download the 19 demo and install it, does it have an "Import an OOTP18 game" option on the front start screen? The OOTP19 demo should have enough functionality that, without buying it, you can convert the game into a 19 game. Which version are you on currently? Whatever it is, you should be able to walk the game up via the demos, one version at a time. I think this is the reason they have the old demos up there - so people can catch up even if they forewent an earlier release.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:02 PM   #2677
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

I did download the v. 19 demo, but I can't see a "convert from v. 18" button on the main screen. Could be that I'm blind, but could be that they're holding that back to make you pay. I was hoping you knew something more definitive. But thanks.

I'm on v.22 now; it will likely be my last. I'm probably done with MLB after this season.

(I thought I was gone already, because of the DH, but DirecTV screwed up and is giving me Extra Innings for free, so I'm taking one last look. Just not at what passes for "extra innings" these days, or the incredibly-bloated playoffs.

[40% of the teams qualify? What is this, hockey? Have some pride in your season, MLB.]

But next year, with the giant bases ruining "90 feet apart" and banning shifts to take even more strategy out of the game, that's definitely too far.)

So there's not much point in keeping current with players I'll never see. Maybe there will be some breakthrough in the game engine, but as of right now, v.22 is it, I'm thinking.

No reason I can't redo the Rangers here, I suppose.

Last edited by Amazin69; 05-17-2022 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:11 PM   #2678
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Look for IMPORT OOTP18 GAME on the start screen.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:55 PM   #2679
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Amazin'

Very bottom - but be sure to download the Demo and not the full game from that website I posted. The full game is the one on the far left, demo, is the second one.
Attached Images

Last edited by LansdowneSt; 05-17-2022 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:06 PM   #2680
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Cary Hiles

Cary Hiles went 23-22 as a reliever in the Phillies minor league system, playing his last season at age 28. Seven years later he was a railroad dispatcher in the quiet hamlet of St. Albans, VT. up near the Canadian border. He stayed on the rails, and later went on to work as a compliance and security officer at Genesee & Wyoming Inc.

Here's Cary...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg hiles-001car.fg (141.1 KB, 33 views)