Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Tony M
Global Moderator

ML Roster thread

As the great Battisti said last year

Please post any major league roster set issues here (once the game is released). This is primarily for player data such as players being on wrong teams, having incorrect option years, players who should be injured to start the season but aren't, and so on.

Gameplay issues should be directed to our Support Central site. You can post ratings criticisms here, but please do so constructively, using a format like this:

Good Post
Player A’s BABIP is way too high. Projected .278 in game, ZiPS projects .257. Should be around 110

Pitcher A is projected to give up 22 HR in 240 innings, he’s given up 24-28-32 in his last three full seasons, all in fewer than 220 innings. His movement should be lowered, significantly.

Poor Post
Why is Player A rated at 5-stars? He sucks! Make him worse.

Important note: Please remember that OOTP is a simulation game. As soon as you start simming in a major league game, the AI will make decisions based on what it thinks is best, and players will not be exactly where they were in the real world on the day after Opening Day.

Thanks all!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

I haven't seen anything yet, but I can already tell you Uggla doesn't suck enough.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Bomber33
Bat Boy

I am sure Jose Bautista will be under rated. I believe he is still the leading vote getter for all-star voting.
Bomber33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber33 View Post
I am sure Jose Bautista will be under rated. I believe he is still the leading vote getter for all-star voting.
He's launched 40+ HRs in the sims I've done so doesn't look underrated.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Dr. dru
All Star Reserve

I'm downloading now. I hope Joey Votto is a 5 star superstud.
Dr. dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
jalcorn427
Bat Boy

Pirates contract issues

2012 contracts for the Pirates Maholm, Snyder, Doumit, Cedeno, and Olsen should all be team option years, not garaunteed. That's almost $30 million in payroll that should not be committed. Any salary relief hope?
jalcorn427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Jay Elias
Minors (Double A)

Let's get this rolling...

Zach Britton, LHP Orioles

Was in the top 25 on most prospect lists going into the season after spending half a season in AAA. Currently has a 3.10 ERA in 87 innings, ZIPS projects that to increase to 4.06 over the remainder of the season. In the game, however, Britton has a 1 rating in both movement and control, projecting him to walk 81 batters in 72 innings, and has him as a closer in A ball. Still a top 50 prospect (although with lower potential than nearly every offseason evaluator had him) but his very low ratings place him far from the majors and unlikely to reach even the potential he is currently showing in the majors IRL.
Jay Elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #8
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Juan Urbina for the Mets shouldn't be in the majors, he should be in Kingsport
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

I really am not sure still how exact you want. But I think you Vizcaino and Teheran backwards on their development levels (Viz is in single A ((I think just moved to AA)) in real life and still a ways away, and Teheran is in Gwinnett and already made a couple of starts this season in the Majors. You have them exactly backwards on the curve). Mike Minor is in Gwinnett, and pitched in the majors (again he is a long way off in the game). And I really don't know if you want this level of ticky-ness, but Jonny Venters throws a Fastball, slider and a super-level sinker (the sinker is his bread-and butter), and you have him throwing a change-up instead.

Probably not the stuff you want, but if you want it realistic...
Old 06-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

{{slow server double post}}

Last edited by GrantDawg; 06-20-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
chris686
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Roy Halladay has a 414k contract, but has a three year, 20 million per extension.

I'm not sure of the actual numbers of his contract, but I'd bet he isn't making 414k this year :P
chris686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #12
bristow22
Bat Boy

have not got my 2012 download have all my info this happened last year also can any on tell me how to take care of this thanks this is my 7th year with ootp hope to here something soon

Last edited by bristow22; 06-20-2011 at 05:08 PM.
bristow22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #13
Dr. dru
All Star Reserve

There are many errors with the Reds roster which is somewhat disapointing considering the newsletter said that the rosters would be accurate for opening day.

1st - Jose arredondo was not on the opening day roster

2nd - Sam Lecure was on the opening day roster

3rd - Jeremy Hermida was not on the team

4th - Travis wood is listed as MR (Come what gives with that?)

5th - Miguel Cairo should be on teh 25 but is in AAA

Also, a lot of the player ratings seem off to me.

There are also several major errors with the contracts of many of the players

Last edited by Dr. dru; 06-20-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #14
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Everyone should read the first post. It states how to make a claim about player ratings. Just saying "ratings seem a little low for you favorite baseball team" isn't going to help at all. Provide some proof, aka stats, to back yourself up.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #15
Jay Elias
Minors (Double A)

Prospects whose present talent is too high

A fair number of top prospects, particularly from the 2010 draft class, are in the majors incorrectly. It appears that their potential talent is correct, but their present talent was mistakenly brought up to match their potential. Here is a list of prospects who are currently in the majors but shouldn't be:

Pitchers:

RP Chance Ruffin, Detroit
SP Kyle Gibson, Minnesota
SP Juan Urbina, Mets
SP Asher Wojciechowski, Toronto
RP Noah Snydergard, Toronto
RP Casey Weathers, Colorado
SP Fabio Martinez Mesa, Angels
SP Rubby de la Rosa, Dodgers

Hitters:

1b Alex Liddi, Mariners
Old 06-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #16
kev24fan
Major Leagues

If you think a player should be higher rated then just go commish mode and edit the player.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #17
Jay Elias
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev24fan View Post
If you think a player should be higher rated then just go commish mode and edit the player.
Well, yes, I plan on doing a great deal of that, and have with every version of this game. That said, I believe the purpose of this thread is to help OOTP improve the roster set in subsequent patches (although I don't recall this happening in previous versions), but it also helps me and other people who edit the rosters themselves, since I don't personally look at every player on every team or know every single one intimately. So a fan of, say, the Reds could easily notice something wrong with that team that I wouldn't notice, and their mentioning it here makes it easy for me to see it and to correct it in my version.

So this thread at least benefits me in two ways - maybe it results in an improved roster set being available in a subsequent patch, but at least it makes it easier for me to do the hours and hours of work that I intend to put in making the roster set as excellent as I can. And maybe if I feel the community has made it easier for me to do all that work (which admittedly I would do regardless), I might make my improved 2011 roster set available to those who help out or to the community in general, improving their gaming experience. But at the least, all of us who care win to a degree, and those who don't aren't held at gunpoint forced to read all the minutia of the game that bothers us perfectionists.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #18
daycru
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. dru View Post
There are many errors with the Reds roster which is somewhat disapointing considering the newsletter said that the rosters would be accurate for opening day.

1st - Jose arredondo was not on the opening day roster

2nd - Sam Lecure was on the opening day roster

3rd - Jeremy Hermida was not on the team

4th - Travis wood is listed as MR (Come what gives with that?)

5th - Miguel Cairo should be on teh 25 but is in AAA

Also, a lot of the player ratings seem off to me.

There are also several major errors with the contracts of many of the players
Very disappointing, maybe if it got pushed back till September they'd have gotten it right. I can't even get it to download, so at least you've got a functioning product.
daycru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #19
Dr. dru
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycru View Post
Very disappointing, maybe if it got pushed back till September they'd have gotten it right. I can't even get it to download, so at least you've got a functioning product.

Well the newsletter said most accurate rosters ever. I would hate to see previous versions. I'm fine with doing my own editing for ratings and contracts, but the opening day 25 man rosters are posted online for easy access.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #20
Jay Elias
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. dru View Post
Well the newsletter said most accurate rosters ever. I would hate to see previous versions. I'm fine with doing my own editing for ratings and contracts, but the opening day 25 man rosters are posted online for easy access.
IIRC from previous versions, the AI will attempt to field the best possible team from the players it has on the roster. So the opening day rosters will rarely be exact; the AI controlling each team at the outset will put the best group of players in the majors.