Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 08-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #41
Nukester
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobbler
Yeah i checked the DB as well on Davis after i noticed him. This must be a fictional Eric Davis born 8-1-1921 in Guntersville, Ala. and the photo was assigned to him as our 5-29-1962 counterpart. That would also explain these duplicate players appearing in different decades yet with the same photo; and their are a bunch. Funny these fictionals are getting some of the actual names from the past in there lol.
I added a * in front of all of the names in the first name file for just this reason. I needed an quick and easy way to distinguish the fictional guys from the real guys. Only problem is, some screen display the player as first initial of the first name, last name, and other screens show them as last name first initial of the first name. By putting the * in front of the first name, most screens will show a fictional player as
*. Davis

If I put it in front of the last name, most screens would look like
E.*Davis

but I thought the first way was easier to sort those guys by.
Nukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #42
arod23
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough
I have a question about the regular version of the ARod23/Garlon database. It says on the website:

Added missing seasons for all players who missed entire years of play due to service in the military during WWII, 1942-1945.

What does this mean exactly? Were these players given fictional statistics, or were they given statistics for these years based on career averages? What was the purpose of this?

The missing seasons were replaced with a player's average stats for their 1938-1949 years.
arod23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:33 PM   #43
arod23
Major Leagues

CareerAvg DB update v2.1r available for download
Old 08-21-2006, 01:49 AM   #44
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod23
CareerAvg DB update v2.1r available for download
I think this is the best DB so far. Is there a reason I sometimes see only 1 or 4 players on a reserve roster (after importing the 1957 season)? I'm using a 25-man roster, plus 40-man expanded. Thanks.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #45
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

When you do an initial impot of a season, each team gets all the players who played for them in that particular season. So if a team used 29 players in 1957, 4 of thoe gusy are gonna end up on the reserve roster.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:25 AM   #46
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon
When you do an initial impot of a season, each team gets all the players who played for them in that particular season. So if a team used 29 players in 1957, 4 of thoe gusy are gonna end up on the reserve roster.
Couple of examples . . .

Milwaukee Braves

Don McMahon - 32 G, 46 2/3 IP (real life) - led the Braves in saves
Carl Sawatski - 58 G, 105 AB (real life)

Both played for the Braves (and only the Braves in '57), but neither one shows up on the roster.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:41 AM   #47
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

We established rookie seasons for players based on certain criteria so that debut in their first full season or season of significant playing time. The details are in the readme of our DB.

Mcmahon and Sawatski both debut in 1958 in our DB.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:56 AM   #48
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon
We established rookie seasons for players based on certain criteria so that debut in their first full season or season of significant playing time. The details are in the readme of our DB.

Mcmahon and Sawatski both debut in 1958 in our DB.
That explains it! I noticed that the OOTP AI assigns Hank Aaron to 1B against RHP and LF against LHP. IRL Aaron played some 1B later in his career (but enough to qualify at that position in your DB). He mostly played RF and CF. I simply don't understand the OOTP AI choices sometimes.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #49
Stu
All Star Starter

Did you guys have any luck in getting a random debut DB working? I created one but half the players are FA's and aren't available to be drafted.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #50
arod23
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Did you guys have any luck in getting a random debut DB working? I created one but half the players are FA's and aren't available to be drafted.
I finished a beta version last night, just a few more tests and I will upload it. Hopefully, in the next day or two.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #51
TSmith1969
Minors (Triple A)

I'm having trouble importing rookies from the CareerAvg database into an existing league. The game crashes when it starts calculating player ratings. Is this a known problem?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:29 AM   #52
arod23
Major Leagues

Not that we are aware of. Given all of the imports to date, it is not likely a DB issue.

Make sure all csv files from the zip are in the same directory (the directory you have named in your league). You can only have one DB (set of csv files) in a directory. Mixing csv files from different DBs can causes crashes because the files won't match.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #53
TSmith1969
Minors (Triple A)

Another quick question. Where in OOTP2006 will I find the player import settings. I looked everywhere last night and couldn't find it.