Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #81
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketsndimes View Post
Something extremely small..the abbreviation for the Pacific Conference in the Pacific Coast League is AC.
No such thing as too small... We wanted to make this the best roster release we ever had and ever suggestion and tip helps. So keep anything like this coming so we can fix it.

hb
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #82
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

White Sox Contract Notes

Jermaine Dye - 2010 Should be a mutual option for $12 million with a $1 Million buyout

Octavio Dotel - Should be in 2nd year of 2 year deal, $5 million in 2008, $6 Million in 2009. Signed before 2008 season

Dayan Viciedo - Makes $1 million less per year than currently in game, although signed a $4 million signing bonus so you may be putting in a mill a year over his 4 year contract

Matt Thorton - Last 2 years of his contract should be club options with 250k buyouts for each of them. The year-by-year salary is correct

Gavin Floyd - last year of contract should be a club option

Jimmy Gobble - Not sure on this but was signed to a minor league contract by the Sox, on 4/5/09 by the way

D.J. Carrasco - contract should be for 440k this year instead of 400k

Josh Fields - contract should be for 410k this year instead of 400k

Clayton Richard - contract should be 405k instead of 400k

Brent Lillibridge - contract should be for $402,500 instead of 400k

Chris Getz - contract should be for 401k this year instead of 400k

Kelvin Jimenez - Should be signed to a 1 year 406k deal (major league contract)

Adam Russell - Should be signed to a 1 year 405k deal (major league contract)

Brandon Allen - Should be signed to a 1 year 400k deal (major league contract)

Cole Armstrong - Should be signed to a 1 year 400k deal (major league contract)

Jack Egbert - Should be signed to a 1 year 400k deal (major league contract)

Lucas Harrell - Should be signed to a 1 year 400k deal (major league contract)

Jon Link - Should be signed to a 1 year 400k deal (major league contract)

Jeffery Marquez - Should be signed to a 1 year 400k deal (major league contract)

Jhonny Nunez - Should be signed to a 1 year 400k deal (major league contract)

Clevelan Santeliz - Should be signed to a 1 year 400k deal (major league contract)

Wes Whisler - Should be signed to a 1 year 400k deal (major league contract)

*** I am not exactly sure how to treat the guys with minor league deals right now listed above. They do have major league contracts but are in the the minors. I am not sure if this will translate into OOTP or not.***

Last edited by southside_hitmen; 06-04-2009 at 05:32 PM.
southside_hitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #83
Joaker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ben Sheets is willing to sign a minor league deal from Free agency.
Joaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #84
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Because this is a Opening Day Roster set Penn will still be on the Marlins and not DFA but maybe in the next release of World Baseball beta he could be DFA and in my Update coming out Tomorrow.

Last edited by mgom27; 06-04-2009 at 08:19 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #85
Double Deuce
Bat Boy

San Francisco Giants issues I've found-

AAA 1B Jesus Guzman is listed as a switch hitter, when he is actually a right-handed hitter in real life. He has been inaccurately listed as a switch hitter on some websites (either that or he used to switch hit, but he doesn't anymore), but here's his Giants page: Jesus Guzman Stats, Bio, Photos, Highlights | SFGiants.com: Team
His City of Birth is also listed as "Barinas" in-game, but this page says he was born in "Sucre, Venezuela".

Also, don't know if the lineups and pitching rotations matter to you guys, but if so... Matt Cain and Randy Johnson should be swapped in the pitching rotation (make Cain #3 and RJ #2) and Barry Zito and Jonathan Sanchez should also be swapped (make Zito #4 and Sanchez #5). That is the order they've been pitching in all season.

Eugenio Velez is listed as starting at 2B and leading off in all four lineups. He should be a bench player, and Emmanuel Burriss should be the 2B starter, as he has been all season in real life (and Velez has been sent down).

The actual Giants opening day lineup looked like this:

RF Winn
SS Renteria
LF Lewis
C Molina
3B Sandoval
CF Rowand
1B Ishikawa (Aurilia against lefties)
2B Burriss

They have changed some things around over the course of the season, but that is what it should begin at if you want real opening day lineups.

Also, there are a lot of minor leaguers who are at the wrong levels. For example, Madison Bumgarner starts at AAA, but in real life he opened the season at High A. I can make a list of the rest of the misplaced players, if that's something that would help. Let me know.
Double Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #86
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Pat Venditte (Everyone groans...) is on the Charleston Riverdogs in real life, but starts on Tampa in the game. I also think his third pitch should be a slider rather than a splitter, since his left handed slider is pretty famous. I think he should have better control too, his real life minor league K/BB is something like 70/11.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #87
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Being a hater... I've finished running my 10th sim of the 2009 mlb roster and checked Ryan Howard each time.

He's never struck out more than 168 times in OOTP so far (and usually 150-160).

His 162 game average in RL is 197.... and from what I see of this season he looks to be on a good 190 or so pace again this year. Did they really projected "the air conditioner" to strike out less in '09?

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #88
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Also, Venditte should be a Closer not a MR.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #89
Jay Elias
Minors (Double A)

Orioles salary issues:

Adam Eaton was signed for the major league minimum for one season (2009). The game lists Eaton's salary as $8.5m in 2009 and $9m in 2010.

Aubrey Huff is a free agent after 2009. The game lists Huff as having a salary of $16.4m in 2010.

Brian Roberts signed an extension which pays him $10m per season for four years, expiring after 2013. The game has his extension as only two years.

Nick Markakis earns $4m in 2009 (including signing bonus), $7.85m in 2010 (including signing bonus), $10.25m in 2011, $12m in 2012, $15m in 2013, $15m in 2014 and has a $17.5m mutual option for 2015. Without detailing each year, the in-game figures for him are incorrect.

Robby Hammock and Donnie Murphy incorrectly have major-league deals.

Jay Elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #90
Jay Elias
Minors (Double A)

Orioles prospect issues:

RHP Oliver Drake is considered one of the O's better prospects, ranking in the late teens in their system. In the game he has no pitches that he throws at all, and has an extremely low endurance. Via Camden Depot, a scouting report on Drake:

http://camdendepot.com/winter2009_pr...BAL_part2.html

"
His fastball is a solid-average offering that ranges from the upper-80s to the low-90s with good late life. Currently, only his slider is a plus-offering, sitting in the low-80s with good tilt and occasional 2-plane action. His curveball and his changeup each show lots of promise, as Drake has shown a good feel for both despite not focusing on either at Navy.

Drake has a durable frame that Baltimore hopes will translate into a solid back-end innings-eater. If he's able to develop a viable third offering and continue to improve upon an already solid fastball/slider combo, he could top out as high as a capable mid-rotation arm. LoA Delmarva seems the most logical jumping-off point after working out of the bullpen in Bluefield and Aberdeen last Summer."

So far for Delmarva (Lo-A) Drake has appeared in 9 games with 8 starts, putting up an ERA of 2.80 with 45.1 innings pitched, 37 hits, 2 HR allowed, 12 BB and 31 Ks.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=drake-001oli

Another valuable Orioles pitching prospect without any pitch ratings is Rich Zagone (incorrectly named "Rick" in the game). Zagone is another of the O's top 30 prospects. His scouting report, also via Camden Depot:

http://camdendepot.com/winter2009_pr...BAL_part1.html

"Zagone's refined approach and deceptive delivery played well against less developed talent in the NY-Penn League, his average stuff playing-up on a regular basis. His fastball is a fringe-average offering sitting in the upper-80s with some sink. He can add and subtract velocity from his slider and changeup, which range from the upper-70s to the low-80s and mid-70s to the low-70s, respectively. His slider has average, late bite and his changeup can be an average offering when kept down in the zone. When he fails to stay on top of his slider, it tends to spin and drag up in the zone.

Zagone's stuff is fringy for a Major League starter, though his solid command and above-average pitchability should allow him to progress quickly through the low-minors. His high leg kick helps his stuff to play-up, and he likely profiles best as a situational lefty arm or a low-leverage longarm in the pen. LoA Delmarva should give a little more insight into Zagone's projection."

Zagone is also in lo-A Delmarva, and his stats on the season are 53.2 innings pitched, 40 hits allowed, 3 HR allowed, 20 BB and 54 Ks.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=zagone001ric

EDITED TO ADD: If this is not the most helpful way to offer notes on lower end prospects who don't have reports by projection systems, please let me know.

Last edited by Jay Elias; 06-04-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: To improve the post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #91
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Elias View Post

EDITED TO ADD: If this is not the most helpful way to offer notes on lower end prospects who don't have reports by projection systems, please let me know.
Links help greatly.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #92
Jay Elias
Minors (Double A)

Links added. I'll try to figure out how to embed them in the future.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #93
Rockeo
Major Leagues

More METS STUFF I NOTICED

I'm a big Met fan and don't know if this is with every team because I'm not familiar with their contracts but JJ PUTZ, Billy Wagner have team options. I dont know if no player has an option on there contract or if the mets are just an oversight. There final yrs should be team options. Also it has sheffield as making 14 mil with the Mets. However The tigers actually are on the hook for 13.6 mil while the mets only have 400k. Great Game.
Rockeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #94
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Deuce View Post
Also, don't know if the lineups and pitching rotations matter to you guys, but if so... Matt Cain and Randy Johnson should be swapped in the pitching rotation (make Cain #3 and RJ #2) and Barry Zito and Jonathan Sanchez should also be swapped (make Zito #4 and Sanchez #5). That is the order they've been pitching in all season.
I'm sorry, but we will not be able to do this one. In order to make the AI put Johnson in as the #2 ahead of Cain, he would have to be better, which is not correct. The AI will always try to put it's best pitchers in the rotation and slot them according to talent.

Quote:
Orioles prospect issues:

RHP Oliver Drake is considered one of the O's better prospects, ranking in the late teens in their system. In the game he has no pitches that he throws at all, and has an extremely low endurance. Via Camden Depot, a scouting report on Drake:

Top 30 (11-20)

"
His fastball is a solid-average offering that ranges from the upper-80s to the low-90s with good late life. Currently, only his slider is a plus-offering, sitting in the low-80s with good tilt and occasional 2-plane action. His curveball and his changeup each show lots of promise, as Drake has shown a good feel for both despite not focusing on either at Navy.

Drake has a durable frame that Baltimore hopes will translate into a solid back-end innings-eater. If he's able to develop a viable third offering and continue to improve upon an already solid fastball/slider combo, he could top out as high as a capable mid-rotation arm. LoA Delmarva seems the most logical jumping-off point after working out of the bullpen in Bluefield and Aberdeen last Summer."

So far for Delmarva (Lo-A) Drake has appeared in 9 games with 8 starts, putting up an ERA of 2.80 with 45.1 innings pitched, 37 hits, 2 HR allowed, 12 BB and 31 Ks.

Oliver Drake Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com
He is ranked as the #9, right-handed relief prospect by Baseball America. Which would put him at about the 20-25th ranked pitcher in the system.

I have made changes to him in the DB and he should look better in the next patch. He looks like a typical average-low K-rate, high control guy, and will not be one of the top 20 prospects. However, he will be good enough that he could be a solid major leaguer if the stars line up.

Quote:
Another valuable Orioles pitching prospect without any pitch ratings is Rich Zagone (incorrectly named "Rick" in the game). Zagone is another of the O's top 30 prospects. His scouting report, also via Camden Depot:

Top 30 (21-30)

"Zagone's refined approach and deceptive delivery played well against less developed talent in the NY-Penn League, his average stuff playing-up on a regular basis. His fastball is a fringe-average offering sitting in the upper-80s with some sink. He can add and subtract velocity from his slider and changeup, which range from the upper-70s to the low-80s and mid-70s to the low-70s, respectively. His slider has average, late bite and his changeup can be an average offering when kept down in the zone. When he fails to stay on top of his slider, it tends to spin and drag up in the zone.

Zagone's stuff is fringy for a Major League starter, though his solid command and above-average pitchability should allow him to progress quickly through the low-minors. His high leg kick helps his stuff to play-up, and he likely profiles best as a situational lefty arm or a low-leverage longarm in the pen. LoA Delmarva should give a little more insight into Zagone's projection."

Zagone is also in lo-A Delmarva, and his stats on the season are 53.2 innings pitched, 40 hits allowed, 3 HR allowed, 20 BB and 54 Ks.
Richard Zagone Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com
Changes made to Zagone (who's first name is Rick in BA's Handbook and on that site you linked). He is listed as the #3 lefty reliever by BA and also far from the top 30. He does have a fastball/slider/changeup now and ratings.

Thanks for directing us toward that site, some good info there
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #95
Jay Elias
Minors (Double A)

Thank you. I hope it didn't come across that I thought these guys were top prospects, just people who ought to be able to hold their own in low-A and maybe become something.

I've clearly spent most of my time looking at the Orioles, but despite these minor corrections, I hope y'all know you did a tremendous job. That I'm able to find prospects down as far as Drake and Zagone is very impressive. Thanks for a great roster set, and your commitment to continuing to make it better.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #96
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thank you. I hope it didn't come across that I thought these guys were top prospects, just people who ought to be able to hold their own in low-A and maybe become something.

I've clearly spent most of my time looking at the Orioles, but despite these minor corrections, I hope y'all know you did a tremendous job. That I'm able to find prospects down as far as Drake and Zagone is very impressive. Thanks for a great roster set, and your commitment to continuing to make it better.
No, not at all. Just telling you why they were off. Just hadn't gotten to them yet. If you see any more players with ratings of 1, and you have links to scouting reports, post them up here. That is a sure-fire way to make sure they are being attended to.
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #97
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

I think Brandon Webb needs a major boost on his sinker. It is currently a 99 in the editor right now, while his changeup is a 167. He is well known to have one of if not the best sinker in the game, and right now the game has it at major league average. I know these are the "pure" ratings, but even when combined with his 65% GB% his sinker only grades at a tick above major league average.

EDIT: He's also from Ashland, KY not Ashland, CA

Last edited by southside_hitmen; 06-04-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #98
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Also, Johan Santana throws a circle change, not a regular change-up. I believe he also throws a cutter, in addition to the Fastball and Slider that are currently in the roster.

Circle Change links
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/03/sp...=5070&emc=eta1 - If you look at the picture on the top you can see the circle made by his thumb and index finger
MetsBlog.com PSL: Johan taught me his Change-Up
Changeup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #99
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside_hitmen View Post
Also, Johan Santana throws a circle change, not a regular change-up. I believe he also throws a cutter, in addition to the Fastball and Slider that are currently in the roster.

Circle Change links
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/03/sp...=5070&emc=eta1 - If you look at the picture on the top you can see the circle made by his thumb and index finger
MetsBlog.com PSL: Johan taught me his Change-Up
Changeup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I dont think he throws a cutter unless he just developed it when he went to the Mets.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #100
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I dont think he throws a cutter unless he just developed it when he went to the Mets.
Yeah I'm not sure on that one as it was from memory, but I am for certain that he throws a circle change.