Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 01-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #33601
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Looking for pics for Bob Kammeyer with the Yankees and Dernell Stenson with the Reds. I have the ones found on google so here’s to hoping someone has an upgrade in their personal collection. Thanks.
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:09 PM   #33602
brobby05
Minors (Triple A)

MiLB Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusick View Post
It's not true to say that there were no trades involved. The Sacramento Bee of 7/11/1974 reported the following: "Reserve infielder Whitey Adams was traded to the White Sox AAA farm team for relief pitcher Duane Shaffer...." Shaffer's Sporting News card indicates that he was released by the Sacramento team back to Iowa on Sept. 17, 1974, so that's why he was back in the White Sox system again in 1975. The Sporting News card does not indicate whether there was a trade or money involved in that September transaction, and I couldn't find any newspaper report on the deal to amplify on the details.

Shaffer's Sporting News card shows him moving from Iowa to Denver in December of 1974.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=shaffe002dua

https://digital.la84.org/digital/col...id/28816/rec/2

By the way, what is the relevance of your question to the major league photo thread?
Thanks for your answer. Technically, there isn't any relevance, but I know you guys know your players because of the photos & I know you guys know your baseball and there are a lot of these players on here that have a long minor league career. To add to your answer, I know some players are lent to other MiLB teams for a short-term basis and especially before the newer teams like the Brewers & Padres could establish all 3 levels of minor league play. You guys on this part of the OOTP community area are VERY knowledgeable & me coming to you guys is actually a compliment to each of your wisdom of the game.

Thanks again!

BRobby05
brobby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #33603
Home Free
Minors (Triple A)

Dernell Stenson 1978-2003

Just asking out of curiosity, if this isn't what you require of Dernell Stenson, what, exactly, are you needing?
Name:  Dernell Stenson.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  171.9 KB
Home Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:39 PM   #33604
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Just looking to see if other options exist. My preference is for front facing (portrait style) photos. The one you posted is what I am currently using. Thanks, I appreciate you looking.
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #33605
rrb77
All Star Starter

Bill D. Wilson

1950,53-54 Chicago White Sox...from ebay seller rjwenterprisesinc
Attached Images
rrb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #33606
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

Leon Carlson 1920

I've had very little luck finding any decent images of Carlson, even though he appeared numerous times in baseball transactions reported in many newspapers. If anybody has something better than the two posted below, one in his elderly years and one in Spring Training with Washington in 1920, by all means post it.
He apparently got under the skin of the Senators upper management and only appeared in 3 games.
Attached Images
Image Image 
cinemaodyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:56 PM   #33607
baseball-birthdays.com
All Star Starter

Brad Pennington 1993

Brad Pennington, 1996 California Angels, sampled from a scan of a recently purchased slide
Attached Images
baseball-birthdays.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:19 AM   #33608
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Leon Carlson 1920

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaodyssey View Post
I've had very little luck finding any decent images of Carlson, even though he appeared numerous times in baseball transactions reported in many newspapers. If anybody has something better than the two posted below, one in his elderly years and one in Spring Training with Washington in 1920, by all means post it.
He apparently got under the skin of the Senators upper management and only appeared in 3 games.
Can't claim that this is a better image of Carlson, but at least it puts him into a baseball uniform. He is shown here with the Little Rock Travelers of the Southern League. The image is from the Arkansas Gazette of July 18, 1920.
Attached Images
Cusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #33609
rrb77
All Star Starter

Red Shannon

1920 Washington Senators... from ebay seller fedxit
Attached Images
Old 01-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #33610
rrb77
All Star Starter

Leo Mangum

1928 NY Giants...from ebay seller fedxit
Attached Images
Old 01-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #33611
luvbblogos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Posted to wrong individual

Last edited by luvbblogos; 01-25-2020 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Sent to wrong individual
luvbblogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:51 AM   #33612
Home Free
Minors (Triple A)

Jim Roland 1962; Good News, Bad News

EBay seller kingfisch6 has posted a good many Brace photos among dozens of pro and college publications, and a handful of them are truly scarce images. Among them is the first color shot I have seen of Jim Roland with his final MLB team, the Texas Rangers, in 1972. He pitched in only five games with them -- his third team that season. Previously had seen a legit B&W headshot, but this is a true Brace -- which is to say, out of focus, badly lit and not mindful of the player's pose. I'd say the only thing worse that Brace putting this out was anyone who paid for a print. At least on eBay you can see for yourself. For the record ...
Name:  1972 Jim Roland TEX P.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  69.1 KB

Last edited by Home Free; 01-26-2020 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:56 AM   #33613
Home Free
Minors (Triple A)

Better Braces

A couple of nice shots are among the eBay assortment posted by kingfisch6.
I particularly like this "rookie" image of Cardinals outfielder Boots Day, which had to be taken in 1969. I also really like the image of Brewers outfielder Tommie Reynolds. It really seems to sharp to be a Brace, but it was taken at the right place -- in front the visiting dugout at Comiskey.

Name:  1969 Boots Day STL OF.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  114.1 KB
Name:  1973 Tommie Reynolds MIL OF.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  108.4 KB
Old 01-26-2020, 12:02 PM   #33614
pepsikula
Bat Boy

Jim Roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Free View Post
EBay seller kingfisch6 has posted a good many Brace photos among dozens of pro and college publications, and a handful of them are truly scarce images. Among them is the first color shot I have seen of Jim Roland with his final MLB team, the Texas Rangers, in 1972. He pitched in only five games with them -- his third team that season. Previously had seen a legit B&W headshot, but this is a true Brace -- which is to say, out of focus, badly lit and not mindful of the player's pose. I'd say the only thing worse that Brace putting this out was anyone who paid for a print. At least on eBay you can see for yourself. For the record ...
Attachment 669985
Color Adjustment...
Attached Images
pepsikula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:52 PM   #33615
Home Free
Minors (Triple A)

1974 Tommie Agee Dodgers phantom

This past week, the Vault released for the first time spring photos from 1974 of Tommie Agee's failed final stop in his MLB journey. After spending 1973 between Houston and St. Louis, he signed as a free agent non-roster player with the Dodgers but was released on March 26th that spring.

Name:  pc719.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  33.9 KB
Name:  pc720.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  25.2 KB
Old 01-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #33616
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Free View Post
Attachment 669985
Despite your insults, George Brace stands among the top baseball photographers in history. For example, he is included in the book, PORTRAIT OF BASEBALL PHOTOGRAPHY, by Marshall Fogel et al., published in 2005. In the Table of Contents, 21 names are given as the "Great Photographers," and his is one of them. A section of the book is devoted to the work of his partner, George Burke and to him. The book, THE GAME THAT WAS: THE GEORGE BRACE PHOTO COLLECTION, has some terrific photos. Before the Internet era, the only way a collector was going to be able to get a photo of many obscure major leaguers was by purchasing a Brace photo. He provided an extremely helpful service to the hobby through all his work in capturing so many images. I, for one, don't like seeing him disrespected now that he is deceased.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #33617
Home Free
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusick View Post
Despite your insults, George Brace stands among the top baseball photographers in history. For example, he is included in the book, PORTRAIT OF BASEBALL PHOTOGRAPHY, by Marshall Fogel et al., published in 2005. In the Table of Contents, 21 names are given as the "Great Photographers," and his is one of them. A section of the book is devoted to the work of his partner, George Burke and to him. The book, THE GAME THAT WAS: THE GEORGE BRACE PHOTO COLLECTION, has some terrific photos. Before the Internet era, the only way a collector was going to be able to get a photo of many obscure major leaguers was by purchasing a Brace photo. He provided an extremely helpful service to the hobby through all his work in capturing so many images. I, for one, don't like seeing him disrespected now that he is deceased.
His persistence has added a lot to the hobby. But its a fair critique to address the quality of so many of these images. I am not feeling disrespect, only disappointment that I keep finding important images in such random quality. The hobby would certainly be poorer without his efforts. Here's the bait that reeled me in to discovering this hoard on eBay -- Don Wilson, circa 1972.
Name:  1972 Don Wilson HOU P.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  77.8 KB

But to put it all in context, on the photo request thread, I have a list of Brace images of short-timers that exist pretty much only because of his efforts, according to the master Brace checklist on tnfoto's home page. I would pretty much pay any price in any condition to have any of them.

Last edited by Home Free; 01-27-2020 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Adding sentence
Old 01-28-2020, 07:07 AM   #33618
DeweyintheHall
All Star Reserve

Thad Bosley Brewers?

Anything out there of Bosley with Milwaukee in 1981? Looks like the Topps card is a paint job. Thanks!
DeweyintheHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #33619
Chickazoola
Minors (Double A)

PHOTO LOCATED Charles Matthews 1891 Philadelphia Athletics

I located a photo of Charles Matthews, who played with the 1891 Philadelphia Athletics. He was well known in Camden, New Jersey as a semi-pro player and his photo appeared in the September 11, 1915 Camden Courier Post.
Attached Images
Chickazoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:04 AM   #33620
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Thad Bosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyintheHall View Post
Anything out there of Bosley with Milwaukee in 1981? Looks like the Topps card is a paint job. Thanks!
This is Thad Bosley's 1994 Miller's Brewers card.
Attached Images