Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 07-09-2004, 05:42 PM   #81
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Well, I broke down and did it. I had a Gateway with Windows98 on it upstairs so I decided to experiment by reformatting it first. It was a piece of cake, less than 1 hour to finish. Buoyed by that I decided to tackle my XP Dell. Not a piece of cake by any means. When I finally got it reformatted the **** modem would not work. 3 days of talking to Dell tech support people I could not understand, holding for 30 minutes or more only to get cut off, and going through the same steps the people before me had taken me through, I finally got a new modem and am back. (No applause please! ) Thanks to everyone who helped me. Everything seems to be back to normal. I hope no one sees me on this particular forum ever again!

Edit: Maybe I should be clearer. By this particular forum, I mean tech support

Last edited by rwd59; 07-09-2004 at 11:04 PM.
rwd59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:34 PM   #82
Vris
Hall Of Famer

I'm sorry to just find this thread. I'm sorry to hear about your plight rwd59 and am very sorry that that is the way you feel. You received ample amount of help,but was unwilling to take it. Your use of sarcasm and degradation towards the people who wanted to help you was uncalled for. I'm glad you got everything up and running, but you could've been more sincere to those who were trying to help. You could've solved the problem by reformatting very early, as was suggested when you brought this up. What makes this community so great is that everyone has had problems and the well-known members know, or at least try to attempt a solution as to how to solve the technical issues. Because you did not want to follow the suggestions, or were smug to the people trying to help you, is not their fault. Look at your modem problem you discovered after reformatting. How would OOTP be if you had to deal with that everytime the game crashed? Instead, you get helpful answers from people who want to help you.

Again, I'm glad you solved your problem, but the loss of you from this community isn't going to rain on my parade. Enjoy PureSim.
Vris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:53 PM   #83
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vris
I'm sorry to just find this thread. I'm sorry to hear about your plight rwd59 and am very sorry that that is the way you feel. You received ample amount of help,but was unwilling to take it. Your use of sarcasm and degradation towards the people who wanted to help you was uncalled for. I'm glad you got everything up and running, but you could've been more sincere to those who were trying to help. You could've solved the problem by reformatting very early, as was suggested when you brought this up. What makes this community so great is that everyone has had problems and the well-known members know, or at least try to attempt a solution as to how to solve the technical issues. Because you did not want to follow the suggestions, or were smug to the people trying to help you, is not their fault. Look at your modem problem you discovered after reformatting. How would OOTP be if you had to deal with that everytime the game crashed? Instead, you get helpful answers from people who want to help you.

Again, I'm glad you solved your problem, but the loss of you from this community isn't going to rain on my parade. Enjoy PureSim.
Excuse me, but just what are you talking about. My anger (bad choice of words, should say frustration) in the above post was at Dell's customer support, not anyone on this forum. As I said I appreciate the help given by all the people here and they knew that because I told them all in PM's. You however need to take your time and read the post. The use of the smilie and applause comment was meant as humor and the particular forum I was talking about was the TECHNICAL SUPPORT FORUM (which means I hope all my problems are solved). I have never (at least until now) had a cross word with anyone on this forum. Yes, I was slow at taking on the task of reformatting because I had never done that before, and hoped that there might be some other course. As for smug and sarcastic, those are not words that are used to describe me by anyone other than you. Now remember when you read this, YOU attacked ME so if you don't like the tone of THIS post, I could care less because I didn't start this.

Last edited by rwd59; 07-09-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:27 PM   #84
Vris
Hall Of Famer

I wasn't talking about your last post. I was talking about all your previous posts combined. It just seemed as if you were blowing everyone off. They gave you suggestions and you replied "ya ya whatever. It won't work."

My apologies for the misunderstanding, but that is how the tone of this thread came across.
Vris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 02:00 PM   #85
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Well it took until post 82 for someone to feel that way. I admit that I feel like the game should have some type of official customer support when all else fails, but do not think I am alone in that. I have thanked and will once again thank everyone who tried to help me. Excuse me for trying every possible option before doing something that I had never attempted before. I was told by people who attempted to help me here, in PM's, and other threads to not just jump into a reformat because many times they are not needed. I chose to give up the enjoyment of this game for well over a month in hopes of finding another answer. Like I said this reformat turned into a 4 day process for me, was it bad luck, probably was. But it was correct and evidently the only answer. It is now done and I can play again. Henry, correct you were. Sometimes people are very slow to come around and do what should have been done all along. I have been able to find answers many times in the past without using "conventional wisdom"; however, this was not one of those times. If any of the people who tried to help me feel I disrespected you in any way please tell me here publicly and I will apoligize to you in public as well.