Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-07-2004, 11:23 PM   #21
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Kuffrey
I forwarded both links to Markus, I have no idea what the outcome will be but I certainly don't know what the problem is.
That is the only thing I have asked for since the problem started. An acknowledgement that the person who may or unfortunately may not be able to help me knows of the problem. I can show a little more patience now. Notice I said a little. I have 2 months off and no game to play. What a start to my summer break.
rwd59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:32 AM   #22
kingpin1976
Major Leagues

I think you should back up your hard drive and reformat. probably got some sorta messed up dll floating around or something.
kingpin1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:51 AM   #23
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by kingpin1976
I think you should back up your hard drive and reformat. probably got some sorta messed up dll floating around or something.
I had that thought as well, but hoped that IF Markus can discover something that may not be necessary.......just not sure if/when he'll be able to check it out.

You might go ahead and do that if it has been awhile.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:07 AM   #24
rwd59
All Star Reserve

I am going to wait a while before going to that extreme. If Markus can't figure it out, I guess I'll have no other choice. So please, if at all possible if there seems to be no solution to my problem, let me know so I can decide if I want to reformat.

Last edited by rwd59; 06-08-2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:40 PM   #25
rwd59
All Star Reserve

And thanks for the help.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:16 AM   #26
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Another update on my problem: I tried another day for my system restore that worked completely. That solved my problem or so I thought. I was able to get the game to sim a month without a crash. Too good to be true however as when I tried to import a new season the game crashed again. One of those encountered a problem and close with the option to send or not send a report on the error. I then went back into my old season and boom the crash had returned. So close yet so far away!

Last edited by rwd59; 06-09-2004 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:56 AM   #27
rwd59
All Star Reserve

This is the Error Signature that popped up:

AppName: OOTP6.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName:ntdll.dll
ModVer:5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 0000b2ab

If any of this helps.

I also let the full error report get sent in online.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:04 PM   #28
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Same kind of thing was happening for me, sort of. I would be able to play a game, when it completed, after simming the rest of the games that day and producing a boxscore, it woul give me an abnormal termination, memory error, or something rather. I ended up reformatting my HD, not for that, but for other reasons, and it has been fine since.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:23 PM   #29
Night2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by rwd59
This is the Error Signature that popped up:

AppName: OOTP6.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName:ntdll.dll
ModVer:5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 0000b2ab

If any of this helps.

I also let the full error report get sent in online.
It could be possible that your NTDLL.DLL file is corrupted. It's a windows system file in the Windows\System32\folder.
You could try to to replace it with a fresh copy from your Windows CD. If you are using Windows XP, you can have Windows check it's own system files. It will replace whatever is bad or corrupted in the system files. Click "Start" then "Run" then type in
sfc /scannow it will then silently check it's own system files. If everything is okay you should get no error messages. It will just close without any feedback. See if either of these two suggestions will help.. Good Luck..

This post has the Al Bundy and Homer Simpson stamp of approval!
Night2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 03:09 PM   #30
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Night, I sent you a PM.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:30 PM   #31
WHarris1
Bat Boy

I am having this problem as well.

When I try to open my leagues it comes up with the Microsoft C++ Visual yadda yadda

abnormal program termination
WHarris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:17 PM   #32
rwd59
All Star Reserve

I hate it for you, but I'm glad it's not just me. Are you having problems with any other programs?
Old 06-10-2004, 05:30 PM   #33
WHarris1
Bat Boy

Nope, just OOTP6. This sucks.
WHarris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:23 PM   #34
Henry
Hall of Fame

If you haven't already, go to upgrade.windows.com and download all patches including the IE6 one. I have a feeling it's either a windows file got overwritten when you installed the MP3 software, or a browser issue. Markus has used a lot of IE routines in OOTP.
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:46 PM   #35
moore4807
All Star Starter

abnormal... crash

my laptop does this as well - nothing new added since OOTP6
occurred after 6.02a upgrade... this help?
I havent reformatted either....
Thanks for the scan idea
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:47 PM   #36
Night2000
All Star Reserve

rwd59 I sent you a PM. It could very well be that one of the programs you recently installed corrupted your system as Henry said. I know this doesn't help your current problem, but in the future you should monitor all your installations. The Windows add/remove option is okay, but it never gets rid of all traces of a program you decide to remove.

A better option which I use is a freeware program called "Total Uninstall" The way it works is simple. You start the program it reads everything on your computer. When it finishes scanning your hard drive and registry it will prompt you to install your program. Install the program. After the program is installed. Let Total Uninstall scan your system again. It will monitor all changes. This way if you get a bad installation. You can always have Total Uninstall totally remove the offending program. It will put your registry back to exactly how it was before the installation, and remove all files that the installation put on your PC. I use it all the time. It's a little more work, but it sure saves a lot of headaches in the future with bad installs.

Of course I also have an external hard drive and have a complete back up of my hard drive so I'm protected that way too. If you have the extra money it would be a great investment to get an external drive and keep a current back up of your PC. This way if you lose data, or your pc gets corrupted beyond repair. You could always reinstall the backup.

Have you searched Google, or the Microsoft knowledge base for errors about the "Ntdll.dll" Also have you turned off all background programs running in your system tray, and then try running OOTP? Also scan for spyware, and adware. Those things can badly mess up a system, and make it run corrupted, or slow.

This post has the Al Bundy and Homer Simpson stamp of approval!

Last edited by Night2000; 06-10-2004 at 11:28 PM.
Night2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:24 AM   #37
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Used a couple of spyware programs, no problems there. Found an error in the Microsft Database very similar to mine but not the same (same wording different numbers). Night, sent another PM with a question about the file sizes of my dll file on the disk and on the computer being different before I proceed.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:22 PM   #38
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Henry Night2000 and all who have tried to help. No luck. Downloaded all updates and patches. Scanned for viruses and spyware. Searched for all ntdll errors. I long for a tech support # to try to solve this crap. Waiting around really gets old but this is all I've got so gotta live with it. It always crashes at the end of games never in the middle if I try to play games. I know Markus is working on the patch/update and his new job so he doesn't have much time for one or two individuals problems but I think I have been very patient so far considering I can't play the game. But I gotta hard time believing the problem is not an OOTP problem when OOTP is the only thing not working.

Last edited by rwd59; 06-11-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:33 PM   #39
Henry
Hall of Fame

rwd... might have asked this, but it's important... does this happen only with one league or all leagues ? If only one, there's a corrupted league file somewhere - if all leagues - given everything you have tried, it might be time to reformat.
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:37 PM   #40
rwd59
All Star Reserve

All leagues. Can't even import new leagues. I have a hard time being convinced to do all that it takes to reformat when only OOTP will not work. If I had other problems, sure. But I don't. When and if I hear from THE MAN that it is my only option, then I will have to weigh my options as to where I want to keep playing this game or not. But I probably will.

Last edited by rwd59; 06-11-2004 at 09:40 PM.